Caithness Map :: Links to Site Map Paying too much for broadband? Move to PlusNet broadband and save£££s. Free setup now available - terms apply. PlusNet broadband.  
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Threatened by a another member

Smile

You spelt threatened wrongly DW!

If we're not careful I can see this massage board being closed down. If somebody reads a thread and isn't interested in it ignore it. If somebody wants to post sarcastic or offensive comments then leave it to the administrators to sort out. Or the offended person send a p.m. to admin. At least when it is done this way other users don't know who acted upon it.

It's about time the users on this board grew up and stopped getting too personal with each other. If you don't like what other people post then don't use it.

This is a discussion forum, not something where we slag each other off.
    I remember in past threads there has been suggestions for all orgers to meet for a night out. Could just imagine it. It really would bring shame to Caithness, what with each and every one saying to each other.
    "So, you're the so and so who disagreed with me on such and such a thread, well take that, WHACK!"

Stop getting too personal. If users want to send each other abusive or offensive pm's then sort it out between yourselves and the administrators.

It's about time certain users started to grow up and use this forum responsibly.

It doesn't come across as much of a threat the way I read it. Seems more like a warning that you might end up being suspended if you go too far.

You have made your feelings about cats more than clear, you have had your say on what is now bordering on obsessive numbers of occasions.

You don't like the way some people view cats but cats are clearly very important to some people on the boards. It takes all kinds of people to make a world and if you state that it is your right to have a certain opinion about cats then it is equally important for you to accept that others have the right to speak in a glowing and twee terms about cats as they feel necessary. Tolerance has to work both ways and many people seem to lose sight of that fact. If you are going to dangle tempting flies in the hope of getting a rise then don't be surprised when some of the fish start biting. Just ignore threads you know are going to unpalatable to your taste instead of plowtering into them with what has become predictable and boring comments that are as nauseating as any of the (for some people) schmaltzy cat threads.

I like cats and dogs but can understand those who do not share my view, I just can't understand why they need to make such a big show of that fact though.

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by 2little2late
    If we're not careful I can see this massage board being closed down... snip
    I didn't realise it was that kind of a board! And here's me, a respectable member of the community indulging on a massage board !

Seriously though, 2Little2Late has got it spot on... some people in here need to grow up and move on, or they'll spoil it for us all.
    Last edited by WeeBurd; 09-Apr-06 at 17:02. Reason: Forgot to finish my post <blush>
    WeeBurd.

Gleeber's no very fond of Christianity, Golach hates drugs, I hate evrybody, Teuchter starves flying pigs. We are all offensive to each other,it is part of the fun but we laugh at it and remain friends I think. This sort of acrimony is getting us nowhere and we have lost enough interesting posters recently for one reason or an other. So DW winds people up? I have been a cat owner all my life and am very fond of the bleedin pests but nothing that DW has posted has offended me. The contents of some of the posts on this thread offend me but I am not moaning about it
    DW, your elephant post has had me laughing since you posted it. Whoever you are, keep it up. There's not enough humour on this forum and we need annoyiong blighters like you to keep most of us laughing.
    In the image of God? You must be joking!

Quote Originally Posted by phoenix
    You spelt threatened wrongly DW!
    Well spotted - fingers going faster than the brain!!

However, dear phoenix, I am intrigued that you felt able to point out the error when one considers some of the posts herein; it would appear that a misspelt word stands out in some posts more than others.............. From some members, you would have had your face chewed off while I merely praise your diligence.

Mabovvered? Amabovvered? Doalookbovvered? teehee.
    Last edited by DW; 09-Apr-06 at 17:57.

Quote Originally Posted by Gleber2
    I have been a cat owner all my life and am very fond of the bleedin pests but nothing that DW has posted has offended me. The contents of some of the posts on this thread offend me but I am not moaning about it
    DW, your elephant post has had me laughing since you posted it. Whoever you are, keep it up. There's not enough humour on this forum and we need annoyiong blighters like you to keep most of us laughing.
    I am glad to hear that you enjoyed the wee bit of satire, an old man's pleasure!!!

Quote Originally Posted by luskentyre
    The "short lead" I referred to was how long it would take me to report your behaviour.
    Ahhhhhhhhhhhh, the old securitate syndrome. I have misbehaved all my life and I am certainly not going to stop now.

Remember mental stimulation is good for your brain ( assuming that you have one!)

Thanks for all the comments above, especially the ones who disagree with my feelings about the pm I received; I promise I won't report you!!

Quote Originally Posted by DW
    Ahhhhhhhhhhhh, the old securitate syndrome. I have misbehaved all my life and I am certainly not going to stop now.

Remember mental stimulation is good for your brain ( assuming that you have one!)

Thanks for all the comments above, especially the ones who disagree with my feelings about the pm I received; I promise I won't report you!!
    Getting back to more serious and important matters, was it an African elephant or an Indian elephant you found last week? .

Sorry but I just have to have a wee go at Golach here, he said about cats..and I quote:

they are the most deadly hunters in the Animal kingdom.
    Are you including lions, tigers etc in this discussion Golach? If so I would be really interested if one went missing.
    'Cause if my eyes don't deceive me,
    There's something going wrong around here

Angry

There seems to be quite a lot of background pressure being put on more than a few members by people who have nothing more than a differing view point.

The "Do things my way or I'll get you banned" attitude seems to have crept in quite a lot of late. I don't know if it went on previously but if it did it was something which certainly wasn't as blatant or constant as it seems to have become.

The Moderators have already been forced to ban discussions on Football because they found they were having to spend more time dealing with PMs and emails from people moaning than they were keeping the rest of the Org up to scratch.

I would suspect, from the way things seem to be developing, that the Moderators could well end up having to make a choice between running the Org for the benefit of Caithness and the Public or just sorting out the constant complaints and petty squabbles about the Board.
    Should it come to that choice I suspect I know which they would choose, and I for one don't wish to lose the Board because some people refuse to tolerate others having a differing point of view.

And if anybody wishes to decide that what I have said is either "trolling" or "inflamatory" then tough, I will leave that for the Moderators to decide.
    I, for one, trust them to make reasonable decisions without me trying to instruct them as to what they should or should not be doing!
    Animals I like, people I tolerate.

Quote Originally Posted by scotsboy
    Sorry but I just have to have a wee go at Golach here, he said about cats..and I quote:
    Are you including lions, tigers etc in this discussion Golach? If so I would be really interested if one went missing.
    From here - http://www.moggies.co.uk/html/species.html
    the following

CAT FAMILY - common name for the Felidę, an almost exclusively meat-eating family of mammals of the order Carnivora that are superbly adapted for their typically predatory life. All members of the family are closely similar in having a lithe and agile soft-furred body, acute vision and hearing, and claws and teeth that are highly adapted for grasping and tearing. The four genera, containing 37 species, naturally occur on all continents except Antarctica and Australia. The tiger, lion, jaguar, and leopard, the so-called big cats, constitute the genus Panthera (formerly Leo). The clouded leopard is the sole species of the genus Neofelis, as is the cheetah of the genus Acinonyx.

More seriously though -
    Getting back to more serious and important matters, was it an African elephant or an Indian elephant you found last week? .
    It was actually a rare, lesser-spotted, Grumpussacrimonious elephant. Known to inhabit the uninhabitable reaches of the Wick river; characterised by the need to deposit large piles on small trays filled with a sandlike chemical compound. Also like to scratch its nails on your curtains.

Smile

Well spotted - fingers going faster than the brain!!

However, dear phoenix, I am intrigued that you felt able to point out the error when one considers some of the posts herein; it would appear that a misspelt word stands out in some posts more than others.............. From some members, you would have had your face chewed off while I merely praise your diligence.

Mabovvered? Amabovvered? Doalookbovvered? teehee.
    Do I know you DW? You werent there that day were you? You dont mind if I dont use Apostrophes do you.......I really canna be Bovvered! and thanks for not chewing my face of....that was really nice of you!

From here - http://www.moggies.co.uk/html/species.html
    the following

CAT FAMILY - common name for the Felidę, an almost exclusively meat-eating family of mammals of the order Carnivora that are superbly adapted for their typically predatory life. All members of the family are closely similar in having a lithe and agile soft-furred body, acute vision and hearing, and claws and teeth that are highly adapted for grasping and tearing. The four genera, containing 37 species, naturally occur on all continents except Antarctica and Australia. The tiger, lion, jaguar, and leopard, the so-called big cats, constitute the genus Panthera (formerly Leo). The clouded leopard is the sole species of the genus Neofelis, as is the cheetah of the genus Acinonyx.

More seriously though -

It was actually a rare, lesser-spotted, Grumpussacrimonious elephant. Known to inhabit the uninhabitable reaches of the Wick river; characterised by the need to deposit large piles on small trays filled with a sandlike chemical compound. Also like to scratch its nails on your curtains.
    Ah the species otherwise known as Dirtyweekerus. I know it well

Leaving aside the problems of petty squabbles between board members....Cats are smelly, arrogant creatures who deposit poo (muck) on the gardens of those who do not own them Not that anyone really 'owns' a cat. They are haughty, independent creatures. There are exceptions. We had a cat for fifteen years who was very affectionate and showed a minimum of disdain for his human housemates. Now long gone, Mickey's territory is regularly used as a toilet by the neighborhood toms. Their pee stinks, and they predate on songbirds. In short they are surplus to requirements.
    This is my opinion and whilst you are welcome to disagree with it I'd appreciate some objectivity in the defence of cats.

Totally agree with you, even though we have a couple of dogs the garden is still dug up and poo'd on by the neighbourhood cats.

Gleeber's no very fond of Christianity, Golach hates drugs, I hate evrybody, Teuchter starves flying pigs. We are all offensive to each other,it is part of the fun but we laugh at it and remain friends I think. This sort of acrimony is getting us nowhere and we have lost enough interesting posters recently for one reason or an other. So DW winds people up? I have been a cat owner all my life and am very fond of the bleedin pests but nothing that DW has posted has offended me. The contents of some of the posts on this thread offend me but I am not moaning about it
    I resent that comment Gleber2. ive never starved a flying pig, i regularly let them out to eat road kill. Theres loads of it going to waste lieing about the roads. And as for the bullying pm's, i really think thats 1 of the saddest things ive read on here. Bring on the laughs, please.

Ah the species otherwise known as Dirtyweekerus. I know it well
    did someone mention ME???

I thought the idea of the forum was to express your point of view, as long as you stick within the forum rules, everybody has an opinion on most thing DW's post haven't offended me he's entitled to his opinion and not be threatened for doing so. I have 6 cats and a dog and some of my family aren't fussed on them but it dosen't bother me.

Quote Originally Posted by dirdyweeker
    did someone mention ME???
    Hey,yur no an elephant are ye?

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast