Caithness Map :: Links to Site Map Paying too much for broadband? Move to PlusNet broadband and save£££s. Free setup now available - terms apply. PlusNet broadband.  
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Showroom Shine

Default Showroom Shine

I would like to recommend this product for those wishing to clean and polish their car to a showroom condition, without using water to clean your car. Yes it does work I have used it for years. If you have ever seen it on telly, Idealworld shopping channel, it does do exactly as it says, it is also quick to put on and take off and with the cold weather coming you dont want to be outside for long. Try it, you will never go back to a bucket and sponge.

this would be the product that drags dirt and surface contaminants along the paintwork causing marring and light scratches to the top coat,as does using a sponge,it will get the car clean but will damage the top coat,pm me with details on this,as a detailer id be interested to read more into this product

We use this as well and it is brilliant!

Has never caused any scratches etc upolian.

I used to buy it from Ideal World but can usually get it much cheaper on Ebay.

have you used a halogen light to inspect the paint?is it free from swirls(cobweb like marks)its difficult to tell if any fine scratches have been added unless you inspected before hand

No not in the habit of checking my paintwork with a halogen light!lol

I understand though that you have a business and respect you for being so careful.

its not the fact i have a busines....its the fact of using products like this decrease the value of a car due to scratching...also it depends on the owner and how fussy they are about keeping there vehicle in good condition,i understand that everybody is not all to bothered about the condition of the paintwork as long as it shines i fully appreciate that,iam just trying to point out that such products do the paint more harm than good although it leaves a shine! here is an example of an apparent shiney car......on the right after i had corrected the paint,on the left caused by sponges and such products!!

Would we only be able to see that using a halogen light?

Have definitely not seen this under daylight or strong sunlight.

Quote Originally Posted by Liz View Post
    Would we only be able to see that using a halogen light?

Have definitely not seen this under daylight or strong sunlight.

you will see this under strong sun(mainly on a black car)this was with a halogen light and it exploits the condition of a 4year old car which is quite shocking(by my standard)its my job to sort this out what colour of car do you have?

Our car is red and no shine of scratches or any marks.

Here is a bit about the product and it says it doesn't scratch.

I can't see how it would to be honest as you use a microfibre cloth and it is very thick and creamy.

It does clean the car beautifully and without the hassle of buckets of water etc. Ideal for cold days!

Our car is red and no shine of scratches or any marks.

Here is a bit about the product and it says it doesn't scratch.

I can't see how it would to be honest as you use a microfibre cloth and it is very thick and creamy.

It does clean the car beautifully and without the hassle of buckets of water etc. Ideal for cold days!
    red is a little difficult to see swirls/defects under sunlight,it shows more oxidation(fading)than anything else,does this product actually prepare the surface for polishing/glazing/waxing & does it leave a layer of protection?im very interested in the product if you could forward me more details about it,thank you

Oops sorry! I meant to post this link last time.
    http://www.greasedlightning.co.uk/?g...FU0A4wodrBv5iQ

Also I think this cowld weather must be freezing ma brain as our car is BLUE!

Oops sorry! I meant to post this link last time.
    http://www.greasedlightning.co.uk/?g...FU0A4wodrBv5iQ

Also I think this cowld weather must be freezing ma brain as our car is BLUE!
    its ok blackis the main colour to show swirls,unfortunatley this product does not mention contents?what does it contain?

http://www.dodojuice.com/dodo-juice-detailing.html

is the process i use! if it was as easy as using the product mentioned every valeter would use....due to price and 'the wow factor' you have a pm

Quote Originally Posted by upolian View Post
    its ok blackis the main colour to show swirls,unfortunatley this product does not mention contents?what does it contain?

http://www.dodojuice.com/dodo-juice-detailing.html

is the process i use! if it was as easy as using the product mentioned every valeter would use....due to price and 'the wow factor' you have a pm
    I will get a bottle and check the ingredients but not might get back to you until tomorrow as too cowld to go out to the shed e night!lol

I will get a bottle and check the ingredients but not might get back to you until tomorrow as too cowld to go out to the shed e night!lol
    cheers pm me details when ye get a look

Whatever upolian, let them think what they want.
    That waterless wash system stuff is made for the light aircraft market really.
    You cant tell me that any waterless wash system will clean your car without inflicting any damage to the clear coat, ive used poorboys spray and wipe ( I think thats what its called ) on a couple of jobs but the cars were barely even dusted and they marred slightly, luckily i was correcting the paint anyway.
    Personally, I would get the point across and educate them in the art of real car cleaning.

Are you speaking to yourself?

it a quote from a valeting forum

Oh I see. I thought you'd been sniffing the car polish!lol

it does smell good

lavender to be honest

Ah very relaxing. lol For some reason my smilies aren't working.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast