Caithness Map :: Links to Site Map Paying too much for broadband? Move to PlusNet broadband and save£££s. Free setup now available - terms apply. PlusNet broadband.  

Thread: Holiday booked and counting!

Default Holiday booked and counting!

Well, I've just booked my holiday for January next year and can't ruddy wait, especially with this cold snap now. We're off to Margarita Island for a couple of weeks with some good friends and as we're not taking the kids we've even upgraded our flights to premium class and our accommodation to Suites.
    Anyone else been?
    Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass, it's about learning to dance in the rain.

http://thetenaciousgardener.blogspot.co.uk/

Sounds great but where is it??? Indian Ocean??? carribean???

Yes I was there, many moons ago now before it was really a holiday destination. I stayed in Porlamar. Back then hardly anyone spoke English but it wasn't a problem as the people were so laid back about life. It was fantastic, so cheap back then and really unspoilt. Fantastic beaches but where I went it wouldnt have been safe for kids as the water got very deep very quickly. Excellent food too. I went to Angel Falls on a side trip and that was amazing. Wish I was coming with you. I know you will have a fantastic time.

Hey Skinnydog, we're going to Pampatar which isn't so far from Porlamar and we're also hoping to do the trip to Angel falls.

Orkneylass, it's in the caribbean. It's a venezualan island located between Aruba and Trinidad. It's one of the islands that isn't in the usual hurricane path though - fingers crossed!
    Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass, it's about learning to dance in the rain.

http://thetenaciousgardener.blogspot.co.uk/