Caithness Map :: Links to Site Map Paying too much for broadband? Move to PlusNet broadband and save£££s. Free setup now available - terms apply. PlusNet broadband.  
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: eastgate shopping centre

Default eastgate shopping centre

Hi just wondering if anyone on here has been taken in by the sales people on the stall in Eastgate shopping centre selling sea salt scrubs?
    I was persuaded to buy a pot at the weekend, at a cost of £20.(started off at £29.99 but when I said I'd think about it the price was rapidly taken down)
    Is it any good? Seemed nice when i tried it on my hands but they were very persuasive and now i feel i was probably foolish to give in to them.
    I can't find anything on the internet about their product and the web address on the bag doesn't come up with anything.
    Have i been conned??/

what is the name of the product/company?
    (\__/)
    ( o.O) This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into
    (")_(") your signature, to help him gain World Domination.

It says kedem onthe jar and web address is www.kedemcosmetics.com

ok, sorry don't recognise it. I thought it might have been the same as a similar stall here, but it is a different name. I should imagine it would be ok, if you are allergic it would have shown up on your hand.
    (\__/)
    ( o.O) This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into
    (")_(") your signature, to help him gain World Domination.

Kedem! isn't that Greek for kidem (plural) or is it kidyou (singular). ;-)
    Captain Smee

Does the product work, if yes then why complain? I'm sorry, but if you are willing to part with twenty quid for a jar of salt then you deserve to be conned. A simple search on the net turned up a 650g jar of sea salt scrub by a reputable company for only £8.99!

http://www.thesanctuary.co.uk/salt-scrub-details.htm

Next time, just avoid the stalls.

If you ever feel you've been conned, then you probably have been.

Quote Originally Posted by smee View Post
    Kedem! isn't that Greek for kidem (plural) or is it kidyou (singular). ;-)
    I thought it sounded Jewish/Arabic.

Quote Originally Posted by leslie65 View Post
    Hi just wondering if anyone on here has been taken in by the sales people on the stall in Eastgate shopping centre selling sea salt scrubs?
    I was persuaded to buy a pot at the weekend, at a cost of £20.(started off at £29.99 but when I said I'd think about it the price was rapidly taken down)
    Is it any good? Seemed nice when i tried it on my hands but they were very persuasive and now i feel i was probably foolish to give in to them.
    I can't find anything on the internet about their product and the web address on the bag doesn't come up with anything.
    Have i been conned??/
    I bought some myself and it's brilliant stuff! I have problems with the skin on my hands and feet and it works wonders on shifting the dead, hard skin and really helps my ecesma. The scam is the body butter, completley unnesscary.

Lord knows where the product is actually from but if its good why knock it?
    Last edited by Vistravi; 06-Oct-09 at 20:51.

I don't know if it works as I haven't tried it yet, just wondered if anyone else had tried it and wanted to know what they thought.
    Also just curious to see what others may have paid for the same item. it certainly felt lovely on my hands but a friend told me he'd read about these stalls in shopping malls just ripping people off.
    Good to know there is at least one satisfied customer, thanks vistravi!

Is this the stall upstairs with 3 ladies who always try and stop you?

I don't know if it works as I haven't tried it yet, just wondered if anyone else had tried it and wanted to know what they thought.
    Also just curious to see what others may have paid for the same item. it certainly felt lovely on my hands but a friend told me he'd read about these stalls in shopping malls just ripping people off.
    Good to know there is at least one satisfied customer, thanks vistravi!
    You should definitly try it out. i've found its not only good on the hands but also the feet. my feet have very hard dry skin on it as i'm on my feet all day and walk everywhere in ness to get around but i found this product really gets the hard skin off. You can instantly feel the difference.

Quote Originally Posted by Jester View Post
    Is this the stall upstairs with 3 ladies who always try and stop you?
    Yes that sounds like the one, except it was a very charming, foreign young man who got me!

Yes that sounds like the one, except it was a very charming, foreign young man who got me!
    Sounds like the bloke pursues the ladies, and the ladies chase the blokes. The girls who attempted to stop me were foreign too.

have bought this scrub from a lady at the Eastgate before , it is actually really good..worth the money i think
    You will never be happy if you continue to search for what happiness consists of. You will never live if you are looking for the meaning of life. -ALBERT CAMUS

How can you have been conned?

You agreed to buy a product at £20.00 instead of £29.99. Unless the product is faulty or is not as described when you bought it - then you have not been 'conned'.

You may, however, have paid far too much for something.......

Since buying this I have been told by a friend that sometimes the product you are given to try at these kind of stalls isn't what you actually get in the bottle/tub whatever. As i hadn't had time to try it out I thought i'd enquire on here to see if others had tried it and what they thought of it .
    It sounds as though it is a good product from what people have said, thanks for all the comments,
    I'm no longer worried about having been"conned" and am looking forward to trying it out.
    Also good to know which products to avoid if I ever find myself tempted again.

You were not conned, you simply paid £20 for a some Sea Salt (probably with some spurious ingredients added) that costs about £2 per kilo to buy for the authentic product. The "website" is simply a page, it is not a proper website. A google search with Kedem Cosmetics (in brackets) returns only three hits, none of which are any indicator of a true website/company. The people who sold this to you cash in on buyers not knowing what they are buying. Usual indicators of product reliability/authenticity are the ability to take the item back for a refund and being able to contact/check the company out further. The world's finest products are not normally solely available on market stalls!!

A quick WHOIS of the domain name brings up a domain registrar in Israel.

http://whois.domaintools.com/kedemcosmetics.com

At least there's a route for further exploration.
    "It makes my blood burn with metal energy..."

Default i bought it!

ok so i can never walk past those folk in shopping centres and say no thanks so YES the last time i was in Inverness i bought the salt and the cream for my hands and i have got to say that it is really good - it is brilliant for your feet too...... and wait for it i paid.........................................£35! but i would buy again so i am happy

A product is worth what people are prepared to pay for it. Same goes for houses, cars, services etc.

Big brands make you believe their products are superior to those of their competitors, so you pay more.

A woman used to sell a certain item at a market stall for a lot less than any other competitor. She never sold much and was about to give up when somebody gave her some good advice. She raised the price to double that of any other competitor, gave it a fancy name and her stall was empty before she knew it. She never had any complaints and people went home happily knowing they bought "the best available" week after week.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast