Caithness Map :: Links to Site Map Paying too much for broadband? Move to PlusNet broadband and save£££s. Free setup now available - terms apply. PlusNet broadband.  

Thread: Countdown mistake??

Exclamation Countdown mistake??

Just been watching it & noticed an error, but they just kept playing? I thought I had made a mistake, but after watching it again it was an error.

In the second last letters game before the first break the contestant asked for a 'Consonant' as his last letter. The letter WAS picked from the 'Consonant' pile, but it was the letter 'E'??

I kept waiting on them picking up on it & maybe replaying that particular round, but they just kept going & no mention of it even at the end?

Anyone else notice it?

Just watched it on C4 on demand. Couldn't see the mistake. Are you sure it is before the first break?

Quote Originally Posted by rfr10 View Post
    Just watched it on C4 on demand. Couldn't see the mistake. Are you sure it is before the first break?
    Hi.
    I missed the start, so maybe there is more than one break?

If you get to the part where Suzie Dent in dictionary corner is giving her speech on word origins, you've passed it. It is 2 letters games before she does her bit & then it was a break.

Hope that helps?

Got it! How could they not have noticed that. You would think someone would have a puzzled expression on their face. They certainly had plenty Es in that game.

E bah gum, nowt wrong wi' extra 'e's lad, 'tis filmed in Yorkshire so that explains it.

You had best watch your back Jox, following that comment, the YRA will be after you.
    Some people are like Slinkies. They're really good for nothing. But they still bring a smile to your face when you push them down a flight of stairs.

I'm not scared of them, with their flatcaps and black puddings....bring it on.

Default Scared

Quote Originally Posted by joxville View Post
    I'm not scared of them, with their flatcaps and black puddings....bring it on.
    Yer, but what if they bring on the whippets, who's scared now?
    A man who fears suffering is already suffering from what he fears.

Is there any way to watch Countdown without being taken by that angel putting out the letters?

If Carol Vorderman was intellectual=i hot=h iiiiiiiiiiih this woman is hhhhhhhhhi and she is no less intellectual. Hrr hrr.

Quote Originally Posted by Boozeburglar View Post
    Is there any way to watch Countdown without being taken by that angel putting out the letters?

If Carol Vorderman was intellectual=i hot=h iiiiiiiiiiih this woman is hhhhhhhhhi and she is no less intellectual. Hrr hrr.

Vorderman used to get the sums right more often than this hottie.

Quote Originally Posted by Kevin Milkins View Post
    Yer, but what if they bring on the whippets...
    "whippets"... 8 letters. Not bad!
    I shall be telling this with a sigh, somewhere ages and ages hence. Two roads diverged in a wood, and I — I took the one less traveled by, and that has made all the difference. - Robert Frost

I guess my brain is being deprived of some bloodflow lately when I watch, I have all but forgotten Vorderman..