Caithness Map :: Links to Site Map Paying too much for broadband? Move to PlusNet broadband and save£££s. Free setup now available - terms apply. PlusNet broadband.  

Thread: Channel 4 wanting pin number

Default Channel 4 wanting pin number

the 51st State is just starting on ch4 and it has come up asking for a pin number, any one know why? Didn't thing ch4 charged for progs and can't understand wy=hy they would need the pin otherwise.
    Some people are like Slinkies. They're really good for nothing. But they still bring a smile to your face when you push them down a flight of stairs.

Have you got the parental controls on your sky box switched on?

Dunno why it's asking Changi but thanks for telling us it's on, it's a great film, think I'll watch it too.

nope just double checked that one
    Some people are like Slinkies. They're really good for nothing. But they still bring a smile to your face when you push them down a flight of stairs.

the last 4 numbers of your viewing card is usually the default pin, dunno why it's asking for it tho

I know the pin number, that aint the prpblem, I just dont want to be charged for watching sumat on ch4 and wondered why it came up as no restrictions have been set.

Quote Originally Posted by changilass View Post
    I know the pin number, that aint the prpblem, I just dont want to be charged for watching sumat on ch4 and wondered why it came up as no restrictions have been set.
    An unwarranted side-effect (3 words 23 letters... Cool...) of the mass retune perhaps?
    I shall be telling this with a sigh, somewhere ages and ages hence. Two roads diverged in a wood, and I — I took the one less traveled by, and that has made all the difference. - Robert Frost

Thought that was just set top boxes not sky plus??

Thought that was just set top boxes not sky plus??
    No idea, I only have freeview. By the way, did you enter the pin? (I assume the film must be nearly finished by now).
    I shall be telling this with a sigh, somewhere ages and ages hence. Two roads diverged in a wood, and I — I took the one less traveled by, and that has made all the difference. - Robert Frost

I did, it is, and if they charge me there will be hell to pay.

I did, it is, and if they charge me there will be £3.99 to pay.
    Fixed your typo. No need to say thanks.
    "It makes my blood burn with metal energy..."

Default Pin Number

If the movie is rated has an age rating or something like that and you have parental controls switched on it will ask you for the pin number before you are allowed to view it.
    We have Sky+ and when we have recorded a film that we have wanted to watch that was rated we went into our Planner to play it and it asked for the Pin number before we could watch it.
    Don't worry, you won't be charged for it at all, might be worth having a read through your settings and it should stop it happening again.

Quote Originally Posted by ber219 View Post
    If the movie is rated has an age rating or something like that and you have parental controls switched on it will ask you for the pin number before you are allowed to view it.
    We have Sky+ and when we have recorded a film that we have wanted to watch that was rated we went into our Planner to play it and it asked for the Pin number before we could watch it.
    Don't worry, you won't be charged for it at all, might be worth having a read through your settings and it should stop it happening again.
    Same here, we dont have parental controls though, for sky movies anything that is a 15 or over will ask us for our pin.

Dont mind, stops the kids watching something they shouldnt when they are searching for a movie. Some movie titles they think seems ok. Example "Childs Play"

They dont know what it is.

Channel 4 has never asked me for a pin though. Just sky movies
    I SWORE ON ONE THREAD!
    GET OVER IT!!!!!

Last 4 digits of your sky viewing card is the pin no. Caught me out too, lol

I did, it is, and if they charge me there will be hell to pay.
    Never come across this before Changilass, I often have to put my pin number in when watching a Sky Movies channel, and I never get charged to watch these movies, you have to go to a Pay by View channel to get charged.......but strange, hope you get it sorted out.
    Once the original Grumpy Owld Man but alas no more