Caithness Map :: Links to Site Map Paying too much for broadband? Move to PlusNet broadband and save£££s. Free setup now available - terms apply. PlusNet broadband.  

Thread: Smokie at The Waterfront

Default Smokie at The Waterfront

Well done to Robert and Staff at Waterfront for a fantastic night last night, was good to see a good mix of ages and a good crowd in the Waterfront.
    Smokie was fantasic and well worth the £35

How busy wez id?

Default waterfront

hi all i went to see smokie on saturday night i really enjoyed it any one else who did

How Much Was It To Get In..???

It was £35 a ticket, I was there and agree with wicker8 it was a great night. Good to have a decent event like that to go to in Wick. Here's hoping enough people turned up to support the waterfront so something like that can happen agian soon.

I was there too-had a fab night! x
    The nice thing about living in a small place is that if you dont know what you are doing....there's always somebody who does,or thinks they do! x

Turn out was ok sadly not enough to to make money and a poor turn out by Caithness I would say that most of the people were outside the county I had a great night but wouldn't blame the Waterfront for not bringing up a big band again as they don't get they support of the county which is ashame because I know everyone who did go enjoyed it def worth its money it was a fun good night with no rubbish that you get on a normal night just ashame there wern't more people

Long sentence is long and repetitive.

Thumbs down waterfront!

Well i personally think 35quid is way 2 much! I went to the bon jovi tribute act and wont be in a rush to go back. For 2 double vodkas it was £10.20! :O:O:O I could of bought a bottle for that price and now that you have to be in before midnight i expect they would make even more on the bar but not from me not at that prices!

The place is a dive and an expensive one at that but hey thats in my opinion!

Gotta say 10/10 for trying but smokie isn't every1's taste.
    I hoped it to be a success as they may try to take other bands up, but I didnt go as its not my scene.

Each to there own!
    Its all good!!!
    It'l soon be Friday!! !!

Quote Originally Posted by sjr014 View Post
    Well i personally think 35quid is way 2 much! I went to the bon jovi tribute act and wont be in a rush to go back. For 2 double vodkas it was £10.20! :O:O:O I could of bought a bottle for that price and now that you have to be in before midnight i expect they would make even more on the bar but not from me not at that prices!

The place is a dive and an expensive one at that but hey thats in my opinion!

Well charging £35 and they still lost out don't think you understand how much it cost to get these things up here and drink prices don't vary much from other pubs most o there drink is cheaper and def cheaper than skinz Thurso people r just a different bunch that understand how to support there county i think

Quote Originally Posted by zzzzzzz View Post
    Thurso people r just a different bunch that understand how to support there county i think
    You come from Caithness... right?

I can understand that Smokie isnt everyones taste ,but then again who is to everyones taste? I think it was great to have them up here and much cheaper than travelling down to say Glasgow to see them and then also have a hotel for the night on top of travel expenses and tickets x
    The nice thing about living in a small place is that if you dont know what you are doing....there's always somebody who does,or thinks they do! x

Quote Originally Posted by Jeid View Post
    You come from Caithness... right?

Yes just wish there was more support thats all. I had a great night tho suppose thats all that matters

Well charging £35 and they still lost out don't think you understand how much it cost to get these things up here and drink prices don't vary much from other pubs most o there drink is cheaper and def cheaper than skinz Thurso people r just a different bunch that understand how to support there county i think
    Well being from Wick and haven only gone out in Wick 3 times this year opting for Thurso most weekends trust me drink in Skins is cheaper! But as i said that is my opinion on the Waterfront!

Yes just wish there was more support thats all. I had a great night tho suppose thats all that matters
    It was a sarcastic question. There's not that much support through here either

Quote Originally Posted by Jeid View Post
    It was a sarcastic question. There's not that much support through here either

Thats true only because I get so sick of hearing the Waterfront getting bagged the hole time

Thats true only because I get so sick of hearing the Waterfront getting bagged the hole time
    Well it isnt much of a club tbh, I ve been out in clubs all over the UK & Waterfront in Wick is in the 3 worst, for atmosphere, for music, for entertainment, for value for money. The drink prices however arnt too bad for a "club" tbh. I cant see why folk are complaining about them as they arnt high priced.
    Cmey e Scorries