Caithness Map :: Links to Site Map Paying too much for broadband? Move to PlusNet broadband and save£££s. Free setup now available - terms apply. PlusNet broadband.  
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Feng Shui

Quote Originally Posted by George Brims View Post
    The Japanese showed little sign of being civilised in the late 1930s and first half of the 40s. Depends on your definition I suppose.
    And the Chinese still hold public executions, hardly the sign of a civilised society.

Feng Shui tip number 13:-

"Good afternoon Gentlemen. If we could get these tanks into a straighter line, it will bring much positive energy to the Square"

Good one Scorrie

After I read this thread I tried to learn some Feng Shui. The most useful tip I found was one I already knew.....
    Knickers, yes you heard right (not the sort of tip I would normally give but so many people swear by it), they say if you wear red knickers to a job interview, your chances are greater of being offered a position, even a visit to your bank manager. Now I have to say this only applies to the ladies, I don't want any men saying to their partners, that Jo from the Feng Shui Store told me to wear them. I suppose red Y fronts or boxers would have the same effect. Just to clarify, you don't just wear the knickers; it would be advisable to wear other clothes on top, although maybe that's why I am getting such good feedback on this advice.

It works every time for me. Please try it and report its success back here. Gentlemen welcome.

Feng Shui tips on what to look for in your present home/office or a new one if you are thinking about buying.
    Last edited by crayola; 05-Oct-09 at 23:57. Reason: That's better

I hesitate to expand this fascinating exchange into a comparison or even a slanging match between eastern and western cultures and communism and capitalism but would rather have an open mind when looking at the smorgasbord of our global village. But, here goes....

Yes, I admit to having owned a number of Lada cars (interesting motoring) and to a fondness for Russian authors and composers. I also like jazz and bluegrass but find U.S. fascination with guns and their intolerance of access to private land incomprehensible in the supposed land of the free. And as for their take on freeing the Lockerbie bomber what is that about, when Lieutenant Calley walked free from the Ma Li massacre by his soldiers.

There's good and bad on both sides and while veneration of the elderly may not be as strong as it once was in China I think the concept of keeping elderly members of your family with you is way ahead of the U.K.'s trend to ship them out to "granny farms". Incidentally Hong Kong where I met feng shui gave up capital punishment about the same time as we did.

But perhaps my dig at Highland Council's recent much criticised budget for consultants and its sometimes tortuous town and country planning process was too obscure for some readers.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12