Caithness Map :: Links to Site Map Paying too much for broadband? Move to PlusNet broadband and save£££s. Free setup now available - terms apply. PlusNet broadband.  

Thread: Toadstools/mushroom on my lawn

Default Toadstools/mushroom on my lawn

Hi,

My lawns, back and front, were all new from seed last year and the year before. They were fine until now. Just back off hols and noticed a load of toadstools/mushrooms (not sure which) on one of my front lawns. It's the side where my septic tank is situated. Would this have anything to do with it? And how can I get rid of it, so it doesn't spread? Any suggestions please!
    Snowmen fall from the sky unassembled!

Default Fungi

Quote Originally Posted by Beat Bug View Post
    Hi,

My lawns, back and front, were all new from seed last year and the year before. They were fine until now. Just back off hols and noticed a load of toadstools/mushrooms (not sure which) on one of my front lawns. It's the side where my septic tank is situated. Would this have anything to do with it? And how can I get rid of it, so it doesn't spread? Any suggestions please!
    There seems to be plenty of fungi about this year and if it is a bother to you I would try a very weak solution of Jeyes Fluid, (about 1 or 2 teaspoons to a watering can) and give it a light watering with that mixture.
    A man who fears suffering is already suffering from what he fears.

Default hi

hi no need to put anything down just cal david usher he will remove every thing

With that problem on the grass surely there isn't mush-room for much else to grow?

I had to because I am sad! lol

Pick them and dispose of them before the caps open. Don't just kick them over, or the spores will spread and you'll never be rid. Also rake up leaves and debris, they thrive on rottings things.

Thanks for your tip. I now pick them almost every day, and they are showing signs of deminishing! Wet weather and lots of leaves from trees doesn't help!
    Snowmen fall from the sky unassembled!