Caithness Map :: Links to Site Map Paying too much for broadband? Move to PlusNet broadband and save£££s. Free setup now available - terms apply. PlusNet broadband.  

Thread: Miller Swimming Bags.... Can ye mind?

Default Miller Swimming Bags.... Can ye mind?

Can anyone settle a family dispute over the design on the Miller Academy swimming bags we used to have back in the 70's...

They were orange if ye mind them and they were made o heavy duty plaskit.

Some had football on them, ithers head swimmers... can anyone mind if they had the old Miller Academy building outline on them? My sister swears they did...

Is she mad?

Hereboy
    Quidquid latine dictum sit, altum viditur.

Im not that old...lol...

Nah she's not mad, just as old as me!

I have a vague recollection of an option that had the old miller academy building within a circle and Miller Academy written beneath. It was a bright orange plastic coated drawcord bag.

unicorn Guest

they had a picture of the building in a circle.

Thanks for the replies folks - seems like I was wrong..... but here did we have to make our own gym bags?

We had them in Wick too. I remember having a red one with a swimmer on it, I can't even swim..lol
    Don't wrestle with pigs, you just get all dirty and the pig enjoys it.

Remember them well - I had one. Orange, with the school's logo/emblem adorning it.

We had them at Mount Pleasant as well - I blame them for my Orange leanings.
    'Cause if my eyes don't deceive me,
    There's something going wrong around here

unicorn Guest

I don't remember making gym bags but it is possible that we did with Mrs Hannah

Wow - there's a blast from the past....Mrs Hannah. Did anyone else have to knit a teddy in about primary 4 or 5?? She was really strict if I remember correctly - my poor pal was not allowed to go to the loo until she had finished her row, unfortunately she wasn't a fast knitter.....don't think I need to tell you the result!!

Quote Originally Posted by scotsboy
    We had them at Mount Pleasant as well - I blame them for my Orange leanings.
    Is it June already?

unicorn Guest

Is it not July thats a bit orange lol

Cant remember the design but they sure were Heavy Duty - I can mind a few occasions they turned into fearsome weapons when a mell broke oot. They were that stiff they would put the fear of god in ye....
    In mitigation Mr Bruce de Wert said his client had been drinking and could remember little of the incident.

Did they no have a picture of Mina Villa on the Miller Academy bags? And they had that funny smell too.
    it's a sair fecht

Wink

That funny smell was from yer keks ;0)
    In mitigation Mr Bruce de Wert said his client had been drinking and could remember little of the incident.

I mind the "kiddies" used to roll up their keks in their towel, put it in the bottom of the bag and then roll up the bag - so it looked like a swiss roll - and then carry it under their oxter, no so good for a working mill, but it looked better than holding it by the drawstring and kicking it in front of you all the way across the footbridge as you held your neebours hand...

I mind it would be snowing, and we would be walking home with Verucas, wet hair and a blocked lug - happy memories...

Anyone still play the recorder? What was that three note tune that we all learned first? I can still play it to this day, but for the life of me, canna mind the name?

unicorn Guest

merrily we roll along I think it was lol B A G A BBB AAA BBB B A G A BBB AA BAG

Quote Originally Posted by cullbucket
    That funny smell was from yer keks ;0)
    that's why wis goin to the swimmin pool, get a quick dicht :-)
    it's a sair fecht

cheers unicorn - that was it - along with half of The Barren Rocks of Aden on the chanter thats the height of my musical prowess...

I can swim though... in both clean or dirty keks...