Caithness Map :: Links to Site Map Paying too much for broadband? Move to PlusNet broadband and save£££s. Free setup now available - terms apply. PlusNet broadband.  

Thread: Strange Letter

Default Strange Letter

How many orgers recieved a letter today like myself and a few of my neighbours got. This letter appeared to be from some sort of religious freeks. They claim to have messages from dead relations of mine also prophecies about myself and my family. All this with lots of quotes from the bible. They claim to have all this in a sealed brown manila envelope in a safe they will send this on to me if I forward them £10.07 or £7.07. I put this where rubbish should be in the bin but I wonder how many vulnerable people will send money to scams like this. Needless to say the address was a PO BOX in London The envelope also contain a bit of blue cloth supposed to be from a prophets shirt.

Quote Originally Posted by bonami View Post
    How many orgers recieved a letter today like myself and a few of my neighbours got. This letter appeared to be from some sort of religious freeks. They claim to have messages from dead relations of mine also prophecies about myself and my family. All this with lots of quotes from the bible. They claim to have all this in a sealed brown manila envelope in a safe they will send this on to me if I forward them £10.07 or £7.07. I put this where rubbish should be in the bin but I wonder how many vulnerable people will send money to scams like this. Needless to say the address was a PO BOX in London The envelope also contain a bit of blue cloth supposed to be from a prophets shirt.

It's probably Michael Jacksons shirt.

^^^^^^^ hahahahahahahahahahahahaha

Default What an opportunity!

When I've got a belly full of beer n' wine I can just reel off the prophecies and the messages from dead peeps. Jackson, Ghandi, Elvis, Lord Lucan.....but he's not dead actually, farms sheep up here now but only at night so he says.

Anyhow, for the tripe I can come out with I'll do it for 50p.

Bargain hey?

Quote Originally Posted by Phill View Post
    When I've got a belly full of beer n' wine I can just reel off the prophecies and the messages from dead peeps. Jackson, Ghandi, Elvis, Lord Lucan.....but he's not dead actually, farms sheep up here now but only at night so he says.

Anyhow, for the tripe I can come out with I'll do it for 50p.

Bargain hey?
    That still a rip off lol.

Helluva big shirt!!

Should send £7.07 in coppers and get them to pay the postage
    I'm as mad as hell and I'm not going to take this anymore

Quote Originally Posted by bonami View Post
    you should have sent it onto the police....they do investigate scams..dont they? ...hens teeth maybe they dont....who do you tell if not them?
    The miracle is not to fly in the air,
    or to walk on the water,but to walk on the earth.

Police and trading standards should both be interested in any scams. If not to stop them to at least warn folk what they are........an attempt to part vulnerable folk from their hard earned dosh.
    Making tomorrow`s memories today