Caithness Map :: Links to Site Map Paying too much for broadband? Move to PlusNet broadband and save£££s. Free setup now available - terms apply. PlusNet broadband.  
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: MacIntosh/Morrison/White/Whyte

Quote Originally Posted by bobbyborax View Post
    Hi Kimmie sorry I've not been in touch but have been without a machine (B- - - -y) thing packed in. I forgot there was another brother of Snowies he was Charles his byname I can't for the life of me remember what it was.

All the best for Christmas and 2110.

Robert
    Hi Robert, sorry for late reply, been a real tough three months...will look into Snowys brother, and see wht the family can remember.

Regarding the family mentioned above, is this the same Neil who was on the Eastward, he was from Kinlochbervie, Sutherlandshire

There was also a Neil MacIntosh Jnr who died in 1938. He drowned in Thurso Harbour aged 38.

I also know of Angus MacIntosh who co-owned the boat The Gannet and was coxswain on the lifeboat. He was also on the boats - Primula and the Solace.

Thanks Thirsaloon
    There were several McIntosh's brothers, and three of them were called Neil, two of the Neil's were nicknamed 'cuddles' and both drowned although for different reasons. no wonder this family is confusing
    Cuddle's jnr is the 1938 drowning, which is the one my dad remembers, he didnt realise his brother was also called cuddles or that he had drowned earlier.

As for the other questions, yes they did originate from Kinlochbervie, and Angus was on the boats....Angus' daughter, is still in Thurso...so will contact her for more info.
    Also there is a lovely lady called Ray, who is also connected to the Kinlochbervie side.

Dont you just love family trees, great way for being a private eye
    Out of my mind. Back in five minutes!!

Quote Originally Posted by kimmie View Post
    Also Cuddles (neil) had several brothers and sisters;
    Kitty(known as Katie was my ggranmother), Neil(known as Cuddles), Jessie(emigrated to Canada), Hughina(bn1899), William (known as Bill), Hughina(born 1904 and married a Fraser),Angus (know as Pudders), James(known as Jimmy, see above) and Charles(known as chaplin)

I have most of their birth certs, but i am trying to find death certs...in particular, the death of the first Hughina( a second child named a same name in the siblings, usually means the first one died), but i cannot find any death records for either Hughina, or for Jessie...can anyone help me?
    Have tried Scotlandspeople, but with no luck
    hi Kimmie, I just found this site and I’m so happy. Jessie was my gran. She didn’t get as far as Canada, only Glasgow, where she died 14 No ember 1970. The brothers came down to Glasgow for the funeral but missed the service because ‘Glasgae’s built arse fer elbow’!She had 4 children, the eldest Georgina Morrison Ferguson, came up to Thurso a couple of times. She stayed in Glasgow. Margaret and Archie both got married then emigrated to Canada. My Mum was Helen, the youngest. She use to come up for holidays when she was young and was ages with Angus’ daughter Caroline who died young, and Angusina (Aunt Agnes’) daughter Isobel Duthie.

the 1st Hughina died in 1903 of meningitis, aged just 4. I found her death certificate. Hughina 2nd was born the next year. I’m keeping fingers, eyes, ties and everything else crossed in the hope that you still look at this site!

i also found more background for Neil McIntosh and Georgina Morrison in Kinlochbervie, but would love to hear what you have too. Hope you and yours are all safe and well in these crazy times. Take care, Isla

Quote Originally Posted by kimmie View Post
    Hi Robert, sorry for late reply, been a real tough three months...will look into Snowys brother, and see wht the family can remember.

Also there is a lovely lady called Ray, who is also connected to the Kinlochbervie side.

Dont you just love family trees, great way for being a private eye
    hi Kimmie, me again .. would love any info you have on Ray on the KLB side, my trail’s cold there! Thanks. Isla

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12