Caithness Map :: Links to Site Map Paying too much for broadband? Move to PlusNet broadband and save£££s. Free setup now available - terms apply. PlusNet broadband.  

Thread: The Passing of an old friend

Default The Passing of an old friend

THE PASSING OF AN OLD FRIEND!

Today we mourn the passing of a beloved old friend, Common Sense, who has been with us for many years.

No one knows for sure how old he was since his birth records were long ago lost in bureaucratic red tape.

He will be most remembered as having cultivated such valuable lessons as knowing when to come in out of the rain, why the early bird gets the worm, life isn't always fair, and maybe it was my fault.

Common Sense lived by simple, sound financial policies (don't spend more than you earn) and reliable parenting strategies (adults, not children, are in charge).

His health began to deteriorate rapidly when well intentioned but overbearing regulations were set in place. Reports of a six-year-old boy charged with sexual harassment for kissing a classmate; teens suspended from school for using mouthwash after lunch; and a teacher fired for reprimanding an unruly student, only worsened his condition.

Common Sense lost further ground when parents attacked teachers for doing the job they themselves failed to do in disciplining their unruly children.

It declined even further when schools were required to get parental consent to administer Panadol, sun lotion, or a sticky plaster to a student - but could not inform the parents when a student became pregnant and wanted to have an abortion.
    claudette
    Common Sense lost the will to live as the “Ten Commandments” became contraband, churches became businesses, and criminals received better treatment than their victims.

Common Sense took a beating when you couldn't defend yourself from a burglar in your own home and the burglar can sue you for assault.

Common Sense finally gave up the will to live after a woman failed to realise that a steaming cup of coffee was hot. She spilled a little in her lap, and was promptly awarded a huge settlement.

Common Sense was preceded in death by his parents, Truth and Trust; his wife, Discretion; his daughter, Responsibility; and his son, Reason.

He is survived by three stepbrothers: “I Know My Rights”, “Someone Else is to Blame” and “I'm A Victim!”

Not many attended his funeral, because so few realised he was gone.

If you still remember him, then pass this on.

If not, then join the majority and just do nothing?
    www.tugmistress.co.uk

Sadly thats very true!

very true bring back common sense

Gawd - I thought he died a long time ago

in this day and age it is hard imaging that he ever existed

Rest in peace owld freend, you are sadly missed in the Wtc7 thread
    Once the original Grumpy Owld Man but alas no more

Very true words there from Charles Adler.

What has the world come to? Things in life are simple but so difficult!! If only more of us had common sense but more than anything, if only more of our countrys leaders had common sense. Well said tugmistress!!

Can't claim responsibilty for this one, unfortunately, but i wholeheartedly agree with the sentiment which is why i posted it
    www.tugmistress.co.uk