Caithness Map :: Links to Site Map Paying too much for broadband? Move to PlusNet broadband and save£££s. Free setup now available - terms apply. PlusNet broadband.  

Thread: the oldest thread on here

Default the oldest thread on here

I was having a look on here today and wondered how far this section went back, after checking it I found the first threads starting in the year 2001. Since you were having problems with the Org recently would it be make any difference in clearing out some of the old threads in this section?
    n/a

Quote Originally Posted by sadam View Post
    I was having a look on here today and wondered how far this section went back, after checking it I found the first threads starting in the year 2001. Since you were having problems with the Org recently would it be make any difference in clearing out some of the old threads in this section?
    That's actually a very good idea - especially considering that you are not allowed to respond to any of them.
    I shall be telling this with a sigh, somewhere ages and ages hence. Two roads diverged in a wood, and I — I took the one less traveled by, and that has made all the difference. - Robert Frost

Just joined and c an see I have alot of catching up to do!!!!

No don't delete old threads. That would be like burning history books.

I like reading through old threads and I enjoy reading posts from long lost orgers. I wonder what happened that they don't post here any more. Maybe they just got bored and drifted away.

There were some excellent debates many years ago but the whinging never changes.

Quote Originally Posted by crayola View Post

I like reading through old threads and I enjoy reading posts from long lost orgers. I wonder what happened that they don't post here any more. Maybe they just got bored and drifted away.

There were some excellent debates many years ago but the whinging never changes.
    You want to keep this: http://forum.caithness.org/showthread.php?t=43058

Or this: http://forum.caithness.org/showthread.php?t=44

Etc. There are lots of those now pointless threads which must surely just be slowing the server down.
    I shall be telling this with a sigh, somewhere ages and ages hence. Two roads diverged in a wood, and I — I took the one less traveled by, and that has made all the difference. - Robert Frost

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by Alan16 View Post
    There are lots of those now pointless threads which must surely just be slowing the server down.
    And i nominate your post as one of them

Quote Originally Posted by Gizmo View Post
    And i nominate your post as one of them
    I second that.

Etc. There are lots of those now pointless threads which must surely just be slowing the server down.
    Congratulations on your new position as the Post Monitor of the Org, well done, I will congratulate the Admin when next I meet them, they could not have given this most arduous post to a finer Orger.
    Once the original Grumpy Owld Man but alas no more

I'm sure there's different reasons we don't see old faces on here.

1- They got a life.

2- They changed there username.

3- They got sick of the whinging.

Ok maybe not those threads but some of the old ones were as good if not better than anything we see now and it's interesting to see how the Org has changed over the years.

The first of the threads you quoted has no posts at all!

The first of the threads you quoted has no posts at all!
    So probably contains the most intelligence in any of the threads on here?

So probably contains the most intelligence in any of the threads on here?
    Do you not have an essay to write for 9am on Monday?

If people aren't accessing them they won't be taking up much of the server. It is data transfer that utilises it the most, not data storage. And the amount of storage space the threads will be taking up must be tiny. So in terms of server impact deleting old threads would have an almost negligible impact imo.

Do you not have an essay to write for 9am on Monday?
    Nope. I'm a student, why would I be working?