Caithness Map :: Links to Site Map Paying too much for broadband? Move to PlusNet broadband and save£££s. Free setup now available - terms apply. PlusNet broadband.  
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Dundee

Quote Originally Posted by rfr10 View Post
    The beautiful city of Edinburgh and then within... the land of the socially deprived ..... AKA physics labs
    But... Well... Erm... I have nothing...

.. unlike myself of course doing such a socially just course
    If ever there was a term inviting mockery, it would surely be "socially just". I can't remember exactly what your course is called, but I know the rough area of study, and I'm fairly sure "socially just" doesn't really fit.

... I believe you also take part in animal cruelty...
    Me personally or the University? Either way I am confused...

monkeys mean anything?
    Well, I thought love was only true in fairy tales, and only happened to other people, not myself. Love was out to get me, or at least I thought it was. There was disappointment in all my dreams.

But then I saw her, well only her face, and now I believe. No doubt. I'm both in love and believe. I couldn't leave if I wanted to.

You know, I thought love was basically a given thing. I gave more and I got less. Why bother trying, when all I get is pain? I need some sunshine, not rain.

But then I saw her, well only her face, and now I believe. No doubt. I'm both in love and believe. I couldn't leave if I wanted to.

Did I just do that?

I'll get my coat.
    I shall be telling this with a sigh, somewhere ages and ages hence. Two roads diverged in a wood, and I — I took the one less traveled by, and that has made all the difference. - Robert Frost

Quote Originally Posted by Alan16 View Post

If ever there was a term inviting mockery, it would surely be "socially just". I can't remember exactly what your course is called, but I know the rough area of study, and I'm fairly sure "socially just" doesn't really fit.
    Well considering one of our course modules is entitled "Working Together to Achieve Social Justice", I think it fits rather nicely.

Me personally or the University? Either way I am confused...
    Don't worry.. I have just been informed that you have been skipping lectures.. tut tut.

Well considering one of our course modules is entitled "Working Together to Achieve Social Justice", I think it fits rather nicely.
    Achieving social justice and being social just are two different things...

Don't worry.. I have just been informed that you have been skipping lectures.. tut tut.
    Ah, you mean the two I missed today (which by the way contained stuff that I had learned in higher maths two years ago) because I've caught the flu that is going around and could not talk this morning, as well as having a nose which was running faster than Bolt and a cough that is just bloody annoying. Oh, and sneezing every few minutes at dangerously loud levels. If your informant has not informed you of the sneeze which was so loud it echoed into the microphone the lecturer was wearing and then reverberated around a lecture theatre with around 250 people in it, then you should ask him.
    I shall be telling this with a sigh, somewhere ages and ages hence. Two roads diverged in a wood, and I — I took the one less traveled by, and that has made all the difference. - Robert Frost

Achieving social justice and being social just are two different things...
    Social justice can be achieved within my own community of practice so technically we can be socially just as well...

Social justice can be achieved within my own community of practice so technically we can be socially just as well...
    That sounds so parroted I almost want to don an eye-patch and litter my conversations with "Yar!"s.

Just a side note, am I the only one who sees the irony in talking about "social justice" in a thread about Dundee?

Just a side note, am I the only one who sees the irony in talking about "social justice" in a thread about Dundee?
    Makes my course all the more purposeful

Makes my course all the more purposeful
    Or pointless...

Anyway, I'm going to try and sleep, although that would probably require me to not cough for a period of time... Oh well, I'll try. Cheerio.

Angry

Would rfr10 & Alan 16 please take their infantile discussions to PMs and stop slagging off my home City? This thread drift has gone too far methinks!
    "Life is a sexually transmitted disease, with 100% fatality." R.D.Laing

Hello again. Org jail was interesting, primarily because I couldn't tell if "Moderator", who contacted me a few times whilst there, was human or some piece of computer text. On one hand, the messages and lack of responses to almost all my comments seemed automated. On the other, the spelling in the messages suggests to me that "Moderator" may not be as automated as I thought. Oh well, I'm over it and am now deciding whether to sue for damages because my ban was lifted 3 minutes late. And no, I'm one of the lucky many not to be exiled to Dundee - I am instead in the beautiful city of Edinburgh.
    Especially the beauty of PILTON,SIGHTHILL.....ETC...Dundee wins for me.

Quote Originally Posted by BINBOB View Post
    Need I mention Midcraigie, or Douglas & Angus, both wonderful examples of beautiful Dundee
    Once the original Grumpy Owld Man but alas no more

Quote Originally Posted by Aaldtimer View Post
    Would rfr10 & Alan 16 please take their infantile discussions to PMs and stop slagging off my home City? This thread drift has gone too far methinks!
    But AT new students are supposed to sit up all night discussing social justice and slagging off everything and anything the older generations have created. They get it out of their systems and they won't need to resort to doing it in late middle age on the Org.

Mind you, we were more sociable and did it in our rooms having just consumed a week's grant of booze.

Don't worry, I'm not the one slagging it off. I think it is a great place, hence the reason I am here.

Default Dundee

Thank you to all that have helped with what I was looking for, as the thread has now served it's purpose and gone slightly wonky, it may be time to close it.

Regards KM
    A man who fears suffering is already suffering from what he fears.

Quote Originally Posted by BINBOB View Post
    You're not seriously saying that you think Dundee is more beautiful than Edinburgh are you?

And there was me thinking wisdom came with age. I'm just curious as to what part of you thought that calling both myself and rfr10 infantile for slagging off your city (which isn't true seeing as one of the two of us lives there and likes it, but I wouldn't expect you to have actually read our comments before commenting yourself) was a good way of getting it back on topic? I, personally, would have just ignored our obviously tongue-in-cheek comments if they annoyed you so much. Oh well.

Quote Originally Posted by crayola View Post
    But AT new students are supposed to sit up all night discussing social justice and slagging off everything and anything the older generations have created. They get it out of their systems and they won't need to resort to doing it in late middle age on the Org.

Mind you, we were more sociable and did it in our rooms having just consumed a week's grant of booze.
    [

Students... drink? I don't understand what you're talking about!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12