Caithness Map :: Links to Site Map Paying too much for broadband? Move to PlusNet broadband and save£££s. Free setup now available - terms apply. PlusNet broadband.  
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Dundee

Default Dundee

I know it may be a long shot, but is there any org user that lives or works in Dundee that could take a photo of a house thier and email mail it please.

Regards KM
    A man who fears suffering is already suffering from what he fears.

I come from Dundee as does all my and my Wifes Family. Almost everyone has more or less left but my Sister goes into Dundee about once a Month.

I can ask her to take a photograph for you the next time she goes into Dundee, dont know when that will be. If you post the address you want I will ask her and see what she says.

Mind you since she is 68 years old she is not the best Photographer in the world and is a bit touchy at times.

One thing you might try is Google street maps as thet have the majority of houses in Dundee all Photographed.

Deep into that darkness peering, long I stood there, wondering, fearing, doubting, dreaming dreams no mortal ever dared to dream before.

Edgar Allen Poe

Quote Originally Posted by Kevin Milkins View Post
    I know it may be a long shot, but is there any org user that lives or works in Dundee that could take a photo of a house thier and email mail it please.

Regards KM
    Thinking of robbing it?

Would you be able to see it on the google road map?
    Live for today as tomorrow may never come

Default Dundee

Quote Originally Posted by Kodiak View Post
    I come from Dundee as does all my and my Wifes Family. Almost everyone has more or less left but my Sister goes into Dundee about once a Month.

I can ask her to take a photograph for you the next time she goes into Dundee, dont know when that will be. If you post the address you want I will ask her and see what she says.

Mind you since she is 68 years old she is not the best Photographer in the world and is a bit touchy at times.

One thing you might try is Google street maps as thet have the majority of houses in Dundee all Photographed.
    Thank you all for the replies.

It's for my brothers new book that is due for publication soon.
    The central character of the book once lived in Dundee and my brother (that lives in South Wales) asked me would I take a photo of the house that this guy used to live in, (he assumed Wick was near Dundee, lol) so that he could insert it in to the story.

I am not sure if he has a deadline, but if your sister may be able to oblige I am sure there will be a credit for her.

Quote Originally Posted by Bazeye View Post
    Thinking of robbing it?
    Err, no.

Quote Originally Posted by Fran View Post
    Would you be able to see it on the google road map?
    Cheers Fran, I have never had a look at google street maps, but will have a look out of interest, and I am sure it will run into copyright issues though.

Lightbulb

Hi Kevin, I'm from Dundee and my daughter lives there.
    She may be able to help. Do you have an address for the house?
    There's been a lot of changes in the city in recent times...it may not still exist!
    "Life is a sexually transmitted disease, with 100% fatality." R.D.Laing

Default Dundee

Quote Originally Posted by Aaldtimer View Post
    Hi Kevin, I'm from Dundee and my daughter lives there.
    She may be able to help. Do you have an address for the house?
    There's been a lot of changes in the city in recent times...it may not still exist!
    Hi Aaldtimer,

I have PM'd it to you for obvious reasons.

Regards KM

Smile

OK Kevin, I await it with interest! It must be still wheechin' aboot the ether

I'll be living in Dundee for the next 4 years but unfortunately I do not have a camera. If I did, I would try and help you out.

Sorry!

Exclamation

Hi again Kevin, further to our PMs and having had a wee rummage aboot the net, your brother may like to make enquiries here:- http://www.dcthomson.co.uk/photosales/index.asp

ARGHHH!!!! D C Thompson Photo Sales, dont mention this!!! I worked in their Photo-Lab from 1972 to 1974 and all day long I was printing, sometimes for the Publications but mostly for the Photo Sales that had been ordered from the Public.

Mind you must be a lot easier now being Digital but when I had to do it it was all Wet D&P. Never Again!!!

Deep into that darkness peering, long I stood there, wondering, fearing, doubting, dreaming dreams no mortal ever dared to dream before.

Edgar Allen Poe

Default Dundee

Quote Originally Posted by Aaldtimer View Post
    Hi again Kevin, further to our PMs and having had a wee rummage aboot the net, your brother may like to make enquiries here:- http://www.dcthomson.co.uk/photosales/index.asp

Thanks again Aaldtimer, I have passed that on and he has sent a request in.
    I have been having a play with this google street map, it's unbelievable.

Cheers for your help. KM

Quote Originally Posted by Kodiak View Post
    ARGHHH!!!! D C Thompson Photo Sales, dont mention this!!! I worked in their Photo-Lab from 1972 to 1974 and all day long I was printing, sometimes for the Publications but mostly for the Photo Sales that had been ordered from the Public.

Mind you must be a lot easier now being Digital but when I had to do it it was all Wet D&P. Never Again!!!
    Small world it seems Kodiak.

Quote Originally Posted by rfr10 View Post
    I'll be living in Dundee for the next 4 years but unfortunately I do not have a camera.
    That's a stiff sentence for a first offence, is there any chance of parole?

If not I recommend this poster

and a geology hammer.

Google Streetview is indeed very special but I wish they'd told me they were coming and I would have washed the car and the upstairs windows beforehand.

Quote Originally Posted by crayola View Post
    Google Streetview is indeed very special but I wish they'd told me they were coming and I would have washed the car and the upstairs windows beforehand.
    So you never wash the upstairs windows then? How skanky!

That's a stiff sentence for a first offence, is there any chance of parole?

If not I recommend this poster

and a geology hammer.

That poster is probably a good idea, if only because it will confuse the Dundee people long enough, they'd be wondering where the colour has gone, for you to run away.
    I shall be telling this with a sigh, somewhere ages and ages hence. Two roads diverged in a wood, and I — I took the one less traveled by, and that has made all the difference. - Robert Frost

Quote Originally Posted by Alan16 View Post
    That poster is probably a good idea, if only because it will confuse the Dundee people long enough, they'd be wondering where the colour has gone, for you to run away.
    Welcome back my psychic friend, how are conditions in the org jail and were you well treated? Have you been exiled to Dundee too?

Welcome back my psychic friend, how are conditions in the org jail and were you well treated? Have you been exiled to Dundee too?
    It was worse than that.....he was exiled to Castle Crayola.

Hello again. Org jail was interesting, primarily because I couldn't tell if "Moderator", who contacted me a few times whilst there, was human or some piece of computer text. On one hand, the messages and lack of responses to almost all my comments seemed automated. On the other, the spelling in the messages suggests to me that "Moderator" may not be as automated as I thought. Oh well, I'm over it and am now deciding whether to sue for damages because my ban was lifted 3 minutes late. And no, I'm one of the lucky many not to be exiled to Dundee - I am instead in the beautiful city of Edinburgh.
    I shall be telling this with a sigh, somewhere ages and ages hence. Two roads diverged in a wood, and I — I took the one less traveled by, and that has made all the difference. - Robert Frost

Quote Originally Posted by joxville View Post
    So you never wash the upstairs windows then? How skanky!
    I think I washed them once but hanging out the windows attached only by my toenails isn't my idea of fun. I have a wee man to come and do them for me.

Quote Originally Posted by joxville View Post
    It was worse than that.....he was exiled to Castle Crayola.
    I thought you'd withdrawn that one.

Hello again. Org jail was interesting, primarily because I couldn't tell if "Moderator", who contacted me a few times whilst there, was human or some piece of computer text. On one hand, the messages and lack of responses to almost all my comments seemed automated. On the other, the spelling in the messages suggests to me that "Moderator" may not be as automated as I thought. Oh well, I'm over it and am now deciding whether to sue for damages because my ban was lifted 3 minutes late. And no, I'm one of the lucky many not to be exiled to Dundee - I am instead in the beautiful city of Edinburgh.
    I am familiar with the beautiful city of Edinburgh and indeed I was through there all day today. What a dismal day it was.

You shouldn't take umbrage at the Org's moderators for they shall determine your posting privileges forever more.

The beautiful city of Edinburgh and then within... the land of the socially deprived ..... AKA physics labs .. unlike myself of course doing such a socially just course

... I believe you also take part in animal cruelty... monkeys mean anything?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast