Caithness Map :: Links to Site Map Paying too much for broadband? Move to PlusNet broadband and save£££s. Free setup now available - terms apply. PlusNet broadband.  

Thread: Sky Box

Default Sky Box

Can anyone help?

Last night my Sky+ box which had been working fine, gave a load bang and is no more. When I changed the fuse in the plug, the new fuse blew. Called Sky to get a chap out but they won't come until 1 April and sad as it might seem, can't possibly do without it until then. I have borrowed a Sky box. It is a digibox but not Sky+. I have it working sort of with my viewing card in it but cannot get all the channels I subcribe to and in particular none of the Sky Sports channels. Some say no signal is being received, others --technical fault. I thought it would go okay with my card and I would be okay. The other odd thing is that BBC1, 2 and ITV don't work but the banner says BBC London, BBC England and ITV 1 Central west or something when I am in Caithness. Perhaps something needs synchronised but that would be beyond me and I don't want to muck up the box for the owners of it. Would call Sky but frightened I will get in to trouble! May be the answer is to try and source a Sky+ box rather than a normal digibox

Ideas/advice/idiots guide would be appreciated

AFAIK each Digibox has to be set up with the card - you can't just plug it in & go. Only thing I can recommend is to talk to Alacam & see if they have an old digibox you could borrow (along with the pairing with the card) until Sky get their finger out.

switch mode power supply has blown
    simple swap out jobby.

as for your other box, you need to pair the card to the box.
    a call to sky should sort that.

dx
    Private Electronic Workshop in Wick - send us a PM
    **WE NOW DO REPAIRS AND CRACKED SCREENS ON MANY PHONES & TABLETS**
    PC virus/ransomware/data recovery/repair & service
    also Private marine & CB/Amateur radio repairs