Has anyone received through their letter box during September, a small magazine, called Community Aware, issued in conjuction with the Police Force, about Home Security, Neighbourhood Watch, that kind of thing?
We were approached by this company, Community Initiative, based in Chester, asking if we would like to advertise our House and Pet Sitting Business in this forthcoming magazine. As our Pet Sitting is regarded as some kind of House Security when folks are away on holiday, we thought it was a good idea. Checked the company out, web site seemed all above board etc etc, and speaking to two different people on the phone, all seemd fine. They assured us that the magazine would be distributed to every household, business, school, office from KW1-KW30, anywhere in fact that had a letterbox.
Now we are in October, and none of my friends and colleagues have seen anything resembling this magazine, not even Thurso Police station.
I just thought I would enquire and see if ANYONE had received one, before I investigate further, and probabaly discover that we have been 'scammed'. Maybe I should have done this before but just done a post code check and found that KW postcodes only go up to 16!
I am only asking if anyone has seen or received such a magazine.....I do not wish to be told what I should, and shouldn't have done beforehand. We all learn on life's journey by experiences, some are good and some are not so good.....this could be one of the latter.
Thanks in advance for any help on this.