Caithness Map :: Links to Site Map Paying too much for broadband? Move to PlusNet broadband and save£££s. Free setup now available - terms apply. PlusNet broadband.  

Thread: Postal Deliveries

Default Postal Deliveries

Posted a parcel to Dundee last Thursday and a card further south at the same time neither has arrived and when I checked postal services were working as normal in these areas. I know that others have had problems with mail going south never reaching. has anyone else had a problem. When you contact royal mail they say to send special delivery to guarantee mail arriving.but who can afford almost £5 every time they post something.

You do not say by what method you posted the Parcel. If it was posted by SP, Standard Parcels, then 5 working days not counting Saturday or Sunday, is the normal delivery.

Also on the card you never said if you posted 1st or 2nd class.

Deep into that darkness peering, long I stood there, wondering, fearing, doubting, dreaming dreams no mortal ever dared to dream before.

Edgar Allen Poe

I Had The Same Problem I Sent 3 Of My Assesments Down To The College In Dumfries 2 Weeks Ago.. And They Still Havent Arrived! Although.. On The Other Hand... I Got A Letter From The College Today Which Was Sent On Thursday.. And It Arrived Here Ok! So I foned Royal Mail And Was Advised Its NOT Necessary To Send It Special Delivery As Everything Is Normal. I Think Somethings Messed Up Somewhere!

Default Postal Deliveries

Both were sent 1st Class

I sent post down to Newcastle on friday and it arrived on saturday lunch time - great service.
    Some people are like Slinkies. They're really good for nothing. But they still bring a smile to your face when you push them down a flight of stairs.

have sent a small package the other week infact just before 4 on the thurs it arrived in kent before 12 on fri and that cost me 90p x

I bought a small item on E BAY last Wednesday finishing at 5.30 pm it was posted from Portsmouth at 6.59 and i received it at 11 am Thursday SUPERFAST >>>>>>>>>>GPO.But last year i sent a card with money in it to my Grandson he is still waiting on it.

I have found the postal service in the Highlands to be vastly superior to other parts of the UK where I have lived