Caithness Map :: Links to Site Map Paying too much for broadband? Move to PlusNet broadband and save£££s. Free setup now available - terms apply. PlusNet broadband.  
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Earlier with After Hours

Default Earlier with After Hours

Earlier with After Hours - A Community Music Showcase.

Earlier with After Hours is a new concept in live music featuring the diverse range of the North Coast Music Scene.

Based loosely on the TV programme “ Later with Jools Holland” the format will consist of several bands set up in different spaces within the room, with the audience filling up the remaining area. In this way as soon as one act finishes the next one is ready to begin giving the whole show an exciting pace.

The North Coast is renowned for its musical diversity with such styles as Scottish, Celtic, folk, Gaelic singing and Piping being traditional for the area. However, since the 1950’s and with the influences of new blood through Dounreay , the US Navy base and Radio & TV there is also a strong modern tradition of Rock’n’Roll, Blues, Jazz and Country Music.

The show will be hosted by After Hours R&B Revue, a local band who have travelled extensively playing at venues all over the country including Blues Festivals as far apart as Shetland and Lancashire. However, the show will feature various styles.

The first programme at the Park Hotel, Thurso is on 31st October and includes:
    After Hours R&B Revue, rock/blues band Bad Reputations, an acoustic duo Bridge Pin, young Wick band Friday Night Lights and Addie Harper jnr who in addition to playing his Scottish repertoire will join After Hours for a couple of numbers.

A second session is already being planned for December in Mackay’s Hotel, Wick. This will feature After Hours, the Caithness big band and several other acts.

All proceeds go to charity with the first session being organised by Highland Hospice and Altzheimers Scotland.

This is a family show for all tastes and all ages. Admisssion £4 with concessions £2
    ( senior citizens & under 18 )

Don’t miss it !

Tell a friend!

It's a good idea, hope it's not a nightmare to set up. Would like to hear from those who go along; to see how it 'works'. Interesting.

This sounds like great crack, i'll be there.

Just noticed it's on Halloween. Superb. Everyone should get white jackets and dress up as After Hours. That would be brilliant!

This sounds like a brilliant idea...

How do you get involved in it?
    "you know and i know that we talk in circles most times"

Quote Originally Posted by guitarzan View Post
    This sounds like a brilliant idea...

How do you get involved in it?
    Sent you a PM, biy.

It's quite a clever idea right enough. I hope it gets a lot of support, though i must disappoint my legions of fans by playing in aberdeen that night. I'll be back for the Wick one though.

Is Ian the MC for the evening or is he drafting in a Jools Holland-type frontman?

Although who up here could do it? If only Stewart Watson were still here...............
    "But primarily, the drummer's supposed to sit back there and swing the band." The actual Buddy Rich

Quote Originally Posted by buddyrich View Post
    It's quite a clever idea right enough. I hope it gets a lot of support, though i must disappoint my legions of fans by playing in aberdeen that night. I'll be back for the Wick one though.

Is Ian the MC for the evening or is he drafting in a Jools Holland-type frontman?

Although who up here could do it? If only Stewart Watson were still here...............

i think ian and jim are sharing MCing responsibilities

This sounds pretty fun. I would be interested in taking part at one of the shows for sure.
    Pictures of you, litter my floorboards.

Quote Originally Posted by buddyrich View Post

MJ Watson? Surely not. All he'd do is cough and smile the whole night.

Quote Originally Posted by Jeid View Post
    MJ Watson? Surely not. All he'd do is cough and smile the whole night.
    And wear white socks with black shoes. A genuine iconoclast!

And a good piano player. Be good to see him again. Is he in Forres now?
    "But primarily, the drummer's supposed to sit back there and swing the band." The actual Buddy Rich

Quote Originally Posted by tattoo_tearz View Post
    i think ian and jim are sharing MCing responsibilities
    Classic - Old school Legends!!!

Dress up as after hours for halloween!?!?!?!?!?!?

I'm in!

Sounds brilliant.

I wish I could be there. Hopefully the Wick one tho.

Hope it goes well.

Quote Originally Posted by BigKev View Post
    Dress up as after hours for halloween!?!?!?!?!?!?

I'm in!
    Aye why not celebrate All Hallows in After Hours attire....dunno about a white tie though - fashion faux pas methinks

Talking

Thought I should bump this up - the ould fella running it took the trouble to send me a flyer for the event.

Theres another gig in wick?

When is it, id like to go cos im not going ot make the first one.

Between Xmas and New Year apparently.

This Saturday (31st October) in e' Park

I will be dressing as one of After Hours - sadly I think the white jackets and ties are resting for the night.

How did this go then?

Everything run smoothly?

Decent crowd?

Looking promising for the next one?
    "you know and i know that we talk in circles most times"

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast