Caithness Map :: Links to Site Map Paying too much for broadband? Move to PlusNet broadband and save£££s. Free setup now available - terms apply. PlusNet broadband.  
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Earlier with After Hours

It went very well indeed, with a good variety of well played music. Next gig in Mackays Hotel in Wick is highly recommended.

Gutted I couldn't make it to be honest, I will be attending the next one for sure - either in a playing or spectating capacity.. not missing it again!
    "you know and i know that we talk in circles most times"

A good night was had, seemed to go well, at least 100 customers as well as loads of musicians. Considering the variety of entertainment across the county it went really well. Can't comment on our band (altho people did say thet enjoyed us) but I very much appreciated everything that was on offer.

I really enjoyed the other acts last night for the short time our band was there. Unfortunately we couldnt stay long as we had been invited to a halloween party. I'll defo be going to the wick one.

It was good to see a decent turnout covering all age ranges and there was a good variety in the acts from what I saw!

Thurso.. or is it Wales? Not sure, what day of the week is it?

It was a really good night. Not all of the music was what I would usually listen to, but that was the great thing about it, lots of bands, lots of genres, lots of fun. And ofcourse the money raised for the 2 charities was the main thing of the night.

I will defo be going to the one in Wick, and this time spend more time listening to the music rather than flashing lights.

G

Brilliant Night - a showcase of the best eclectic talent of the far north and raised £400 for charity - for myself the highlight was hearing John Newton pulling out some stunning slide guitar work (in standard tuning i believe) - awesome!!

Aye, it was a great night of fine, fine music. Well done Ian and, ofcourse, everyone else involved. John Newton......brilliant but the highlight for me was the young band from Wick (sorry, forget their name)....their enthusiasm and energy was just so infectious. Very encouraging to see so many talented musucians; and a decent turnout! Keep them coming, Ian !!

Friday Night Lights - yep it was aaaaall gooood.

Talking

I think After Hours and a fair lot of other peeps (The Caithness Big Band etc) are in the Weigh Inn this coming Friday - can any of you musical peeps confirm that ?

Hi
    Yes we are. 7.30 for 8
    Its for charity Big Band, NorthCoast Jazz Band The sunday Band and After Hours are playing.
    Highland Hospice, Macmillan Nurses amd Cancer Research.
    Should be a good night; its called A Night to Remember - and its for Jim Marshall the person whose energy and enthusiasm got the Big Band and so many other things going in the county.

Itr is usually an excellent turnout even in last years blizzard. A good night for a good cause, tickets £5 in advance from the Cancer shop I believe, a good raffle as well. Tickets at the door too.

See you there!

I'll bring my brushes for playing with after hours. Maybe stuart can play an acoustic guitar.
    "But primarily, the drummer's supposed to sit back there and swing the band." The actual Buddy Rich

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12