Caithness Map :: Links to Site Map Paying too much for broadband? Move to PlusNet broadband and save£££s. Free setup now available - terms apply. PlusNet broadband.  
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: All Star Factory/Viking Bowl/Liquid no more!

Quote Originally Posted by Stavro View Post
    Good riddance!
    God, you're a bundle of joy Stavros!
    Working On Behalf Of The Community!

lets hope that this time the owners don't get another chance to buy it back

I just can't understand how on earth they could let it run itself into the ground - doesn't take Sir Alan Sugar to work out that all it needed was decently priced deals aimed at families to get them in for meal/bowl/cinema and bar could have been its own entity for over 18's

Just needs someone with a bit of business acumen to buy it

Quote Originally Posted by Kevin Milkins View Post
    It's ironic really that a business of this nature that has something to offer the community goes bankrupt, and yet if it was a bank, the government would have probably stepped in and spent the tax payers money to save it.
    If the current owners had bothered ploughing some of the money made from the place to keep it in decent condition (esp. the bowling lanes), and hadn't alienated half the population of Caithness with mis-management, then it would probably be worth throwing some tax payers money at it.

However there would have been many more howls of dissent if they had received a single penny of tax payers money - especially when they have systematically run the place into the ground and spent the bare minimum on staffing and maintentance, while still charging extortionate prices! There's nothing worse than trying to keep half a dozen hyper kids happy while you wait for someone to come and fix the lanes - and that's before you even start your game !

As it is I prefer to take the kids to Inverness - Rollerbowl, Vue Cinema, Aquadome and, when the weather's decent, Whin Park to let off some steam!

Quote Originally Posted by Kevin Milkins View Post
    It's ironic really that a business of this nature that has something to offer the community goes bankrupt, and yet if it was a bank, the government would have probably stepped in and spent the tax payers money to save it.
    Surely u do not expect the government to bail this place out,or indeed any other place like it...............this is due to bad management by people who should stick to their day jobs!!

Quote Originally Posted by BINBOB View Post
    Surely u do not expect the government to bail this place out,or indeed any other place like it...............this is due to bad management
    Eh...isn't that the same as ALL the banks?

Quote Originally Posted by Gizmo View Post
    Eh...isn't that the same as ALL the banks?
    YES...

Quote Originally Posted by cazmanian_minx View Post
    I would have loved to buy it, but the biggest commercial mortgage available is 75% LTV and I didn't have 25% of what they were asking for the place. (Don't think a 2% deposit would have been acceptable!)
    How much do/did they want for it?

Quote Originally Posted by ter21wat View Post
    I've just been informed from a reliable source that the All Star Factory/Viking Bowl/Liquid has gone into liquidation again! I believe the doors are closed as of today.
    I think more people would have gone if they kept there prices lower. When a new film arrived it was weeks after the release after anywhere else.

It lasted longer than I thought.........I'm sure the file sharing programs didn't help.

Thumbs down

[quote=Bobinovich;600635]If the current owners had bothered ploughing some of the money made from the place to keep it in decent condition (esp. the bowling lanes), and hadn't alienated half the population of Caithness with mis-management, then it would probably be worth throwing some tax payers money at it.

However there would have been many more howls of dissent if they had received a single penny of tax payers money - especially when they have systematically run the place into the ground and spent the bare minimum on staffing and maintentance, while still charging extortionate prices!

I think quite enough of tax payers money(twice) has already been scooped up by this lot on incompetents/rip-off merchants that they should be given any more!
    "Life is a sexually transmitted disease, with 100% fatality." R.D.Laing

Quote Originally Posted by crayola View Post
    My friend was following it on some website, i'm not sure which one it was, but it was originally for sale for around £750K, it then dropped to £495K but still no one was interested. Presumably there was a lot of debt to go with it.

Quote Originally Posted by crayola View Post
    http://www.christie.com/search/brief/8/33752?1254206135

It was on at £650k when I was looking at it, but has now dropped to £495k.

Edit: They've also added a lease option, which wasn't there before.

Surely u do not expect the government to bail this place out,or indeed any other place like it...............this is due to bad management by people who should stick to their day jobs!!
    and the banks are different how?
    “A lot of good arguments are spoiled by some fool who knows what he is talking about.”

Default Viking Bowl

Taken from the for sale web page,

Excellent multi-faceted business opportunity - True

Only cinema north of Inverness - True

Two auditoria (240) - True

Same owners for 14 years - Hence going bust twice!

6-lane bowling alley, bar and restaurant - Bowling lanes and machinery need ripped out and replaced as in a dire state and constantly breaking down! Bar is horrible dark and bleak, was far better before the change and felt much, much bigger! Resteraunt? When was the last time there was an actual qualified chef in house? Food was appaling at best!

Lease option available - and still line their pockets.. I dont think so

I see there is no mention of the state of the place, grotty stained carpets and massive holes in the walls of the pool room.

Lets hope someone with an ounce of credability takes it over and makes it a success.
    Last edited by MR_A; 29-Sep-09 at 09:33.

You've nailed it there Mr A.

The place is literally falling apart due to their complete disregard for creating a friendly establishment for all the family.

Regardless off the fact that everyone knows the place was a shambles it's a shame to think this has cost quite a few people their jobs.

Default Viking Bowl

I'm totally with you on that one Martin.

Thankfully alot of the staff were bairns so they didnt rely on the job to live but for the few that were full time and did rely on the job its a sad, sad sorry state to be in!!!

Quote Originally Posted by *Martin* View Post
    Regardless off the fact that everyone knows the place was a shambles it's a shame to think this has cost quite a few people their jobs.
    Your right Martin, its a terrible shame for everyone whos lost their jobs, its not easy finding full or part time work in the current climate. I hope they are at least able to pay all their ex employees what they are due

Quote Originally Posted by buggyracer View Post
    and the banks are different how?
    IF u do not know the difference....I am not telling u.

IF u do not know the difference....I am not telling u.
    “A lot of good arguments are spoiled by some fool who knows what he is talking about.”

With a bit of luck the administrators will be able to sell it quickly and everyone will be re-employed. I wonder if one of the chains would take it on? It would be nice to have Orange Wednesday up here.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast