Caithness Map :: Links to Site Map Paying too much for broadband? Move to PlusNet broadband and save£££s. Free setup now available - terms apply. PlusNet broadband.  
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: All Star Factory/Viking Bowl/Liquid no more!

See link below, anyone with a spare 1/2 million can buy it.

http://www.christie.com/search/results?1254561169

Quote Originally Posted by Jenni View Post
    Loganbiffy - ('It's apparently up for sale and also has a lease option, but by renting would you really want to line the pockets of the owners who have run it into the ground?')
    I am no expert but would imagine if you rented the place the money would go to the liquidators and not the previous owners.

Pentlander - I quite agree with your comments. Everyone sitting around griping about the fact that the place has closed and yet where were they all every weekend - drinking in other pubs no doubt.
    I am sure on hindsight there are many things that could have been done differently but you can never please everyone. The owners shouldn't be made to feel like criminals just because they made some bad judgements. They are not the only ones to have their business fail and yet you don't see the rest of them getting slated on the org. I would hate to be in their shoes and have to read some of these comments. Afterall, they are human. You can't tell me that they are not hurt/upset about the comments. I could understand all the upset if anyone who is making these negative comments were owed money but otherwise I think it is a shame. Fair enough to comment that it is unfortunate to see the place close but to be nasty about the owners is a tad unfair.
    Obviously hindsight doesn't work in this case as it's the second time that the same folk have gone bust with this place.
    The Big Man

The place had great potential, just a lack of inspiration to keep it going and vibrant was the trouble.
    Enjoy it now there is no second lap.

Quote Originally Posted by thebigman View Post
    Obviously hindsight doesn't work in this case as it's the second time that the same folk have gone bust with this place.
    Its an old story - 'use it or lose it'. I went to see some good films there and there would only be a few people watching. The films were new and in Thurso as quick as they were in the cities, the price was better than I paid elsewhere and the cinema was very comfortable.
    As I say 'use it or lose it' and people did not use it and now we have people who were probably never in the place critising the owners and everything else about it.

Default liquid,

Shame its closed.. There is so much potential in that place.. wish I had the money to buy it, It would be so good.. but ..thought the bowling alley stuff was donated by the yankee base for the people of Thurso???

I wish all the staff who have lost their jobs the best of luck and hope you all find new jobs.. Especially the ones who have been there for years.. Keep yer chins up..
    Say it with flowers give him a Triffod

Quote Originally Posted by Cattach View Post

• there would only be a few people watching.
    • The films were new and in Thurso as quick as they were in the cities
    • the price was better than I paid elsewhere
    • the cinema was very comfortable.
    Agree
    Disagree
    Disagree
    Disagree(own opinion, but if that was better then i think you've been mega robbed)
    Disagree

It would make a grand Asda.

Quote Originally Posted by crayola View Post
    Wiz chist thinking at masel.

Quote Originally Posted by The Pepsi Challenge View Post
    Wiz chist thinking at masel.
    Now..that is the best idea yet!!!

Just closing the door ..... on my way out !

Now you're talking !

That is a great idea !

...any idea how we could suggest it to them (ASDA) ?
    " ... Life's too short ! "

Cripes the site is hardly big enough for an 'A' let alone a full ASDA !

Quote Originally Posted by Bobinovich View Post
    Cripes the site is hardly big enough for an 'A' let alone a full ASDA !
    It could be on two levels. There are a number of small footprint ASDA and Tesco stores built like this.

That's what my OH said.

Quote Originally Posted by The Oracle View Post
    It could be on two levels. There are a number of small footprint ASDA and Tesco stores built like this.
    Yeah but a small ASDA isn't really gonna be much use. There certainly wouldn't be enough room for a reasonable-sized store, petrol pumps (which we need to get fair priced fuel) and sufficient parking. Its a non starter IMO

Yeah but a small ASDA isn't really gonna be much use. There certainly wouldn't be enough room for a reasonable-sized store, petrol pumps (which we need to get fair priced fuel) and sufficient parking. Its a non starter IMO
    You are probably right. They need a place like Richard's Garage !

Quote Originally Posted by The Oracle View Post
    Now you're talking !

That is a great idea !

...any idea how we could suggest it to them (ASDA) ?
    Get EVERYONE in caithness to write to them....

It would be better than NO asda at all.

Quote Originally Posted by kia View Post
    Shame its closed.. There is so much potential in that place.. wish I had the money to buy it, It would be so good.. but ..thought the bowling alley stuff was donated by the yankee base for the people of Thurso???
    the lanes and equipment were sold to a member of the naval base and a local who worked there, they were sold down the rivers by the directors, bet they are gloating now tho

why dont they move the whole building thru to the old dominoes site in wick, and turn it into a chinese/ indian restuarant, carry out establishment wick really needs more of them

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345