Caithness Map :: Links to Site Map Paying too much for broadband? Move to PlusNet broadband and save£££s. Free setup now available - terms apply. PlusNet broadband.  
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: All Star Factory/Viking Bowl/Liquid no more!

Exclamation All Star Factory/Viking Bowl/Liquid no more!

I've just been informed from a reliable source that the All Star Factory/Viking Bowl/Liquid has gone into liquidation again! I believe the doors are closed as of today.

Thumbs down

That's a damn shame, but no surprise, and through nothing but complete mis-management, hopefully someone who has actually got a "clue" will take it over.

Default Viking Bowl

All true folks!!

That is very sad, hopefully someone can take this over who has a clue what they are doing.
    'Cause if my eyes don't deceive me,
    There's something going wrong around here

Are they still showing Flipper starring Paul Hogan??

Thats a real shame but I doubt that anyone will ever make a go of it as it seems people shout for things then just don't support it.
    Even less to do for the kids now then.
    @,'---.................................................. ---',@
    ~*~Believe In The Magic Of Your Dreams~*~
    ---',@................................................. . @',---

I worked there for a while and enjoyed it. It's pretty sad that a building this big with so much potential has closed it's doors again.

It's true that it was not run properly but believe me, this was not down to the staff.
    A sad day indeed, hopefully (I ain't holding my breath) someone who knows how to run a business will buy it and make a go of it!
    Last edited by loganbiffy; 28-Sep-09 at 17:07.
    Pictures of you, litter my floorboards.

Its such a good building that has potential to do something more...something different. If i had the money then i would keep the cinema, change liquid into a soft play area with a small cafe and update the bowling lanes so that they were all in working order.

To be honest i never really liked the idea of the place having a pub even though it was a nice bar. To me its a family place.

But hey...thats me! No money to do it anyways lol
    I SWORE ON ONE THREAD!
    GET OVER IT!!!!!

Default All Star Factory

In all honesty its been a long time coming, I'm surprised it lasted this long.

Snap Shelley I said same to hubby
    @,'---.................................................. ---',@
    ~*~Believe In The Magic Of Your Dreams~*~
    ---',@................................................. . @',---

Quote Originally Posted by ShelleyBain View Post
    Its such a good building that has potential to do something more...something different. If i had the money then i would keep the cinema, change liquid into a soft play area with a small cafe and update the bowling lanes so that they were all in working order.

To be honest i never really liked the idea of the place having a pub even though it was a nice bar. To me its a family place.

It does have bags of potential. Just needs a shrewd owner/s
    Yeah, I'd keep the cinema, and maybe the bowling. There is tons of other good things that could be done with it though.
    I'm pretty sure it would make an excellent live music venue as well.

It's seriously tempting to do something with it.
    Pictures of you, litter my floorboards.

Quote Originally Posted by ShelleyBain View Post

Poor Shelly No money cos She was conned

I personally preferred the bar in its old layout, with the bar in the middle and when you could see the bowling through the window, some epic new year parties were had there, and many a night playing pool, pretty much any night i wasnt working at the Royal, oh......the good ole days of Reev and Pab

But honestly, who is surprised by this, HOW many times has it been in liquidation now, heh heh Liquids in liquidation, js clicked
    Last edited by Reev; 28-Sep-09 at 17:35. Reason: yup
    "The Light seems small and far,
    A Darkness envelops my soul,
    Hiding behind my empty smiles,
    Within my mind, Deeper I fall."

I would have loved to buy it, but the biggest commercial mortgage available is 75% LTV and I didn't have 25% of what they were asking for the place. (Don't think a 2% deposit would have been acceptable!)

Perhaps some of the local businessmen could get together and form a consortium to buy the place - it certainly would be a money making business in the right hands.
    Lets face it, the county needs this place of entertainment.

Sad to see it close, as a regular supporter of the cinema I'll be at a loss what to do of a spare evening. Anyway, I understand why it may not have been attracting the numbers though, who wants to sit on slashed seats in a cold room eating extortionately priced sweets?
    God, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change,
    Courage to change the things I can,
    And wisdom to know the difference.

I'm amazed that in a place with so little to do someone could actually have a business like this and go bankrupt. It seems like it would really take some effort to run it into the ground. Hopefully someone willing to put in the effort will snap it up and reopen it sooner rather than later.

Wish I had the money...
    People will forget what you said, people will forget what you did, but people will
    never forget how you made them feel.

Quote Originally Posted by loganbiffy View Post
    It does have bags of potential. Just needs a shrewd owner/s
    Yeah, I'd keep the cinema, and maybe the bowling. There is tons of other good things that could be done with it though.
    I'm pretty sure it would make an excellent live music venue as well.

It's seriously tempting to do something with it.
    It is, just needs the right people with enthusiasm and some great ideas!

Could make a fortune out of having a room for having kids partys and things!

Quote Originally Posted by glenniepup View Post
    Poor Shelly No money cos She was conned
    Em it wasna that much money that i got taken! Plus im gettin it back but dont intend to on buying the bowling alley.
    I SWORE ON ONE THREAD!
    GET OVER IT!!!!!

Default Bankrupt

It's ironic really that a business of this nature that has something to offer the community goes bankrupt, and yet if it was a bank, the government would have probably stepped in and spent the tax payers money to save it.
    A man who fears suffering is already suffering from what he fears.

Quote Originally Posted by ter21wat View Post
    I've just been informed from a reliable source that the All Star Factory/Viking Bowl/Liquid has gone into liquidation again! I believe the doors are closed as of today.

Good riddance!

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast