Caithness Map :: Links to Site Map Paying too much for broadband? Move to PlusNet broadband and save£££s. Free setup now available - terms apply. PlusNet broadband.  
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Rugs, rugs glorious rugs

Good luck with the search...do you think anyone spends even a tenth of the time they spend trawling the net,ads and retailers trying to find 'THE perfect rug' for their horse finding a coat for themselves?

Nope, went online yesterday and ordered joggers 2 of each type, that will do me for the winter. Went onto markies for knickers and decided they were not really that exciting so I will do it another day

I have made my decision though - a joules for windy cos I have a top the same saddo and I think a Rhino for Pads - but if anyone has a Rhino out there can they let me know if the surcingles would go round a fat cob.

I am going to check local though to see if they can supply at around the price, may as well try and keep the pennies in the county if possible.

After reading all the posts on this thread and trawling all websites mentioned , i ended up ordering my rug from Caithness livestock breeders today. I must say there price is very competitive.

what breed is that o rug?

Quote Originally Posted by KEEP_ON_TRUCKIN View Post
    what breed is that o rug?

Rhino gold.

Rhinegold???

Foxy, I have to look up the loft but if it is the guff I bought last year then they are not great. I have to say again I must confirm what I have but they were blue things with neck and they didnt do little or large. This is not a clb slight as I have a great fleece for the old girl from their and now I think they have wetherbeeta landas etc in stock.

Last year I needed a rug ASAP as old one broke / taking on new old nag and I did no research.

In saying all of that it may suit your cuddy down to the ground, but if you are a 5 6 or 6 9 I am happy to let you try my ones on for size / fit / quality

Default Rugs

I have tried a few different rugs for my boy and the best I have found is the weatherbeeta with the wrap around tail flap, can't remember the name of it. He has it from the lightweight standard neck up to the full neck heavyweight, nothing like accessorising I have a fal and although it is a lovely rug the tail flap lets it down I think. My friend bought an amigo for her horse and OMG the surcingles wouldn't go round a dog!!!! 5ft9" rug with surcingles that wouldn't fit a shetland, what is that all about?!?!?!

Quote Originally Posted by KEEP_ON_TRUCKIN View Post
    Rhinegold???
    sorry that's what i ment, sadly brain ain't working again!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by munron View Post
    Foxy, I have to look up the loft but if it is the guff I bought last year then they are not great. I have to say again I must confirm what I have but they were blue things with neck and they didnt do little or large. This is not a clb slight as I have a great fleece for the old girl from their and now I think they have wetherbeeta landas etc in stock.

Last year I needed a rug ASAP as old one broke / taking on new old nag and I did no research.

In saying all of that it may suit your cuddy down to the ground, but if you are a 5 6 or 6 9 I am happy to let you try my ones on for size / fit / quality
    Well i was told they sell a lot of them and no complaints, so will give them a try. ( when it falls apart i will hear you all saying we told you so )

munron it's an old horse we have and her rug is knackered and she feels the cold on a good day. Thanks for the offer of a try on but she's a 6 foot as the one she has just now is 5 9 and she needs slightly bigger.

See now I feel a rug purchase coming on. Off to buy a 6 foot full neck for ma boy...hm Premier Equine or Weatherbeeta or maybe even a Funnell or Mark Todd, groan groan I remember the good old days when you had a Rambo or a crappy canvas rug, no competition, no days of thinking pros and cons, colours, shapes, materials, you either had the canvas or the Rambo - simples...
    Real knowledge is to know the extent of one's ignorance - CONFUCIUS

I will need that full neck today as it is now pouring hail stones!!
    Real knowledge is to know the extent of one's ignorance - CONFUCIUS

I know it is a rotten day.....wish my stables were finished.

I think I am off horseware now as I would be worried about the surcingles, think it will be weatherbeetas for windy and premier equine for paddle waddle, I did so fancy a change though.

Im a huge fan of horseware rugs including amigo and have never had a problem with the surcingles (but perhaps thats cos my horses arent cobby types). I think they do a broader version of rug for cob types. But would suggest that whatever rug you try - if it is mail order - see if you can borrow one to try first as its costly having to return mis-fits.

Righty can someone tell me - do rugs shrink when washed? I know fatso is fat but his neck cover is now nippit. He is so never getting out of that grassless paddock unless someone can leap to his defence....

Default rugs!

Oh fantastic took wee lad in yeaterday night as it was cold and wet...and joy he has outgrown all the rugs....feel a wee shop coming on to add to the shopping I did the other day. We are going for a derby house combo rug as he grows so quick no point buying a dear dear one yet.

Quote Originally Posted by Kathy@watten View Post
    Oh fantastic took wee lad in yeaterday night as it was cold and wet...and joy he has outgrown all the rugs....feel a wee shop coming on to add to the shopping I did the other day. We are going for a derby house combo rug as he grows so quick no point buying a dear dear one yet.
    tell me about it yearling started out in 5'3" in spring and now in 6'3"!!

Default rugs

Well am now all shopped out bought another 3 rugs today for the mob, no more growing allowed till spring and dare anyone trash a rug...will be threat of going in a tin!

Righty where are you guys getting all of these rugs, I have checked Derby House, Rideaway, Horserugs4u, barnstormers, premier equine and a few more and I can get anything I want in 5ft 9 but 6ft 9 is like gold dust. All I want is a nice full neck jobbie that will keep him cosy and a super cosy for the old girl.

PS Keep on Trucking is about to fall off the wagon as well - grass grass

haha.... i have a 300g 6'9 shires full neck with good tail flap...in stock £45 ....very good rug!!

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast