Caithness Map :: Links to Site Map Paying too much for broadband? Move to PlusNet broadband and save£££s. Free setup now available - terms apply. PlusNet broadband.  
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Rugs, rugs glorious rugs

1. Default

Quote Originally Posted by KEEP_ON_TRUCKIN View Post
    ive seen those rainbow equine ones and noticed also there is a review of one of them in either horse and rider or your horse this month - anyone had one?? are they any good?
    Magic, my friend did a review on them for her website, she thinks that they are great, her boy likes to destroy rugs but she says after 8 weeks in the LW one not a mark.

Cara & Bracken

whats the website?

I havent seen one but they have recently started to advertise heavy, I guess I am still miffed about the amigo and wanting a tried and tested, although I had top recommendations for it. I suppose it is what suits your horse, Pads suits the Premier Equine as they are deep cut and he needs that to get round his tellytubbie belly - but it is to long for Windy. Whatever brand they sell in CLB (last winter as I think they have different now) was like a mini skirt on Pads and rubbed windy. The Amigo has come up short in some areas but it is an excellent fit in the body I would say apart from leaking necks and short surcingles. I dont like Windys lightweight Masta, hence buying the Amigo, as it was too heavy and cumbersome for her dainty figure and Paddys masta fleece cooler was skin tight - but that might have been my washing.

Yabber yabber yack yack - its like a war and peace of rugs really......I challenge any of you to have read this far cos I bored myself ;-)

I actually think that we should all write to horse magazine to be testers - and they would get the honest truth then and we would all get shiny new rugs to try, as I suggested it I, off course, should get the latest, top of the range rambo ha ha ha

By the way why do you lot all have emoticons and I dont - makes own

Where did that come from??????? Do you actually have to type your own (smilies that is)

i would be very very dissapointed with amigo - why not take it back ? it shouldn't leak - write to horseware.....

hope that wasn't one i recommended because i'd recommend all horseware..... love it but dont have much of it coz its so dear

No it was after I bought it chick that a few fowk said yay how great they were, but had bought it beforehand.

It is where the neck attaches to the body, it sat flush for a couple of days then the neck folded back and that is where the rain is coming in. It wont sit flush now for love nor money

Default ohh noo!

Keep on trucking you are a wicked woman indeed..why post a link like that! I am still reeling from yesterdays lapse! now I have had to go and measure the young lad up for a rug that he so doesn't need!

8. Default

Quote Originally Posted by cameroncara View Post
    Well I am normally a weatherbeeta fan, but i found this company as my friend runs a horsey website the rugs are great and very reasonable but the quality is fantastic
    http://www.rainbowequine.com/product...rnout_Rug.html
    Recommend everyone have a look.
    Keep on truckin website is in quote.....Kathy im just as bad...thankgod my hubby works away as it gives me time to hide stuff.
    Last edited by cameroncara; 29-Sep-09 at 18:24. Reason: Change of username...so blonde...that i am

Cara & Bracken

Quote Originally Posted by munron View Post
    No it was after I bought it chick that a few fowk said yay how great they were, but had bought it beforehand.

It is where the neck attaches to the body, it sat flush for a couple of days then the neck folded back and that is where the rain is coming in. It wont sit flush now for love nor money
    hmm i'd phone horseware.........

I dont do detachable necks i just can see how it would work.....always have full/ high or standard neck....

Premier equine attach with two large velcro strips onto the opposite of one side of the velcro (dumbo doesnt know the terminology) and never moved a muscle all winter no matter what Paddy did to dislodge. Amigo attached with 4 velcro thin stips throug a d ring and that allows it to move me thinks.

But yer right K o T, if you dont phone and tell them then no-one will ever know, so I just might

if you send it back you might get an exchange for another rug or vouchers or summat............

ooo err I might, cos I am in a right complaining mood right now.....

Righty have had a look on Ride-away and a couple are interesting.

Weatherbeeta Belmont Heavy Combo, but it only has 370g fill, might need more - price is a penny short of £70, is this a good price? Or the Joules for an extra £8, are you just paying for the design?

Rhino Plus Heavy - 370g fill, £85 - my only worry is if the surcingles come up short again there is no way it is going round Paddy - but at that price I wouldnt hesitate to complain.

Or I can get a MASTA CONTOURED FULL NECK STABLE RUG (sorry for caps, cut and pasted) for Windy on sale at £40 (only one left in her size) - it has less fill 340 but i would prob need to get her a liner anyway

Any other cheap websites I can compare prices on?

Sorry to reply to myself, but is it wrong to want to buy a pair of snuggy horse pyjamas??? I mean they are only £135.......

oh must go, a van has just pulled up

I have bought off of www.barnstormers.co.uk, got my hooded rug for £55 which I thought was pretty reasonable

Derby House are having a rug day today with up to 35% off and new stock just arrived.

I have used www.horserugs4u.com in the past. They seem to be a hit or a miss. I've never had much bother with them but others have had to wait a while for delivery.

Seaforth are usually good with their rugs. They had a good sale recently, which won't help, but I find them quite competitive with their rugs.
    Real knowledge is to know the extent of one's ignorance - CONFUCIUS

Smile Rugs

I would highly recommend a Horsewear Rambo XL for Paddy, i had one for the heavy gypsy cob that i had a while ago, he was the same build as Paddy and the rug fitted like a glove. I tried to get one for Smarties but couldn't find one anywhere. They're in the Robinsons Cataloge this winter, they are expensive but worth every penny. It can be very frustrating buying rugs mail order or Ebay you get them home only to find that they don't fit properly then you have to send them back or try and sell them on. Hope you get it sorted out!!!

Quote Originally Posted by daisychain View Post
    I would highly recommend a Horsewear Rambo XL for Paddy, i had one for the heavy gypsy cob that i had a while ago, he was the same build as Paddy and the rug fitted like a glove. I tried to get one for Smarties but couldn't find one anywhere. They're in the Robinsons Cataloge this winter, they are expensive but worth every penny. It can be very frustrating buying rugs mail order or Ebay you get them home only to find that they don't fit properly then you have to send them back or try and sell them on. Hope you get it sorted out!!!
    Cheers for that, they are grand I must say but no matter what way I put it in my head I just canna justify one but then again there is always Dino........

Thanks for the other linkies, I think rideaway has come out cheapest and I cant find the Derbyhouse 35% thing? Although they do have a clearance bit, but nothing I need in there, but thanks anyway.

Hi Munron,have you had a look on Equestrian Clearance,they sometimes have really good sale items or end of line..all branded. They also have a section for larger sizes. The rugs I bought from them arrived in 3 days at no extra cost for the Highlands and were less than half price..might be worth a look.

Thanks Jovi, had a quick look and the Joules is cheaper but there is nowt for Paddy. I have used them before though (remembered when I seen the site) and they were good.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast