Caithness Map :: Links to Site Map Paying too much for broadband? Move to PlusNet broadband and save£££s. Free setup now available - terms apply. PlusNet broadband.  
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Rugs, rugs glorious rugs

Default Rugs, rugs glorious rugs

I am obviously up to no good on what is a drechit and dingy night. I have been having a look on the internet as I need to get Windy woo a heavyweight stable rug with a full neck, I might also want one for Paddy as he has been clipped and might get chilly wilburs.

Now I have a well known rug fetish but just wondered what everyone else recommends? Ones I have looked at so far are Thermatex, Rhino and Kingshead but I have heard Fal mentioned a lot. I like Premier Equine for Paddy as they are long but to long for Windy.

I think I am turning into a horse bore (be quiet at the back I havent reached there yet). Better go and change password before OH reads this.....

Smile

I like Fal but never been able to afford one thou !
    I'd recommend Masta and Equine Premier, Amigo look good & value for money too.

Thanks Froal, I got her an Amigo medium turnout but the surcingles are just going round her. She isnt fat but sway backed, but there is a possibility I ordered pony instead of horse...

That's a shame !
    Masta are good for wide horses and weatherbeeta are quite big in size too !
    Weatherbeeta do a nice joules combo stable rug with Spots on which looks very fetching ! for this winter.
    I love rugs too but with my 2 native foals comming Sat i have to restrain my self to get anything like a Rug for them as they've got wooly coats & don't require anything like a Rug !! thou i did get 2 quite fetching headcollars for them matching too !

We have always used Fal,Weatherbeeta,Premier Equine or Horsewear.Bought 4 of ours Weatherbeeta Taka's last year,great fit,good cover,strong outer,warm and always right themselves after the 'thugs' have a good roll. Also like Premier Equine for the same reasons. Loved the Fal on the narrower horses but found them tight around the chest on the ' big guys'. Need to get 3 new ones this winter,so scouring the net too .I have 2 lovely Weatherbeeta high neck stable rugs..would definitely buy them again..keep the horses lovely and warm,..

Thumbs up Evison Equine

Hi Munron

I found this family run company through ebay and purchased some rugs for a mate of mine (local). We found the rugs to be of excellent quality and they are also made to the companies own specs - price was very reasonable too. They have lots of good points from various other 'branded' rugs but these points are in the one rug! (Hope I haven't confused you )

Their website is here:

http://www.evisonequine.co.uk/evison/home.php

Delivery was quick and it was reasonable.

They are definately worth a look.
    They say life is what you make it. So guys, lets make it better!!

Thanks all for suggestions, I shall cruise today and see what I can find. Will check out the weblink Nibbler, cheers.

Although i should probably buy myself some clothes as I sit here in ripped trousers, socks on the edge of disintegration and knackered knickers.

Default rugs

I am not allowed by injunction to participate in any rug related activities...am a fully paid up member of a rug addiction club...my name is ***** and I have been rug free for 140 days "que group hug and clapping"
    Temptation is everywhere, the internet is a dangerous place when you are on there is rug envy and all the associated problems with seeing rugs. And a sale is a dangerous zone for someone like me!

I mind when i had my horse, mum splashed out alot of money for a really good rug for him, 1st night out in it, ripped to shreds!!!

I couldnt believe it. But luckily the place we got it from took it back because it was meant to be rip-proof! As if!

So we bought cheaper rugs from then on! He didnt rip them tho!
    I SWORE ON ONE THREAD!
    GET OVER IT!!!!!

Well I am no happy with my Amigo turnout - it leaks at the neck cover join and drips down her neck. Poor old lady is also lame as well as chilly so she is shut in the nice cosy shelter with loads of haylage, till the vet comes oot.

PMSL at "rug envy" as I am coveting the prized rambo but have not quite come up with a genuine reason for my requirements
    Last edited by munron; 28-Sep-09 at 14:11. Reason: added a bit

Default fallen off the wagon!

I was doing so well...was warm and rug dry for 140 days and today had a wee relapse...(this I think is indirectly your fault munron!!) well was needing a few rugs for Winter....or is that just a users excuse? am no longer sure...right time for confession time with the hubby, how do I explain this eh? Am probably going to have my internet rights revoked and broadband removed...been nice knowing you all.

*gasps* kathy i though you were saving your pennies!!! shakes head.. ok who did you buy for or how many!!! wheres my ruler to slap those wrists!
    ohhh and the right time to tell him... prob after youve dazzled him with a super meal and a ahemm... relaxing evening *G*
    http://itqueries.com/

Quote Originally Posted by munron View Post
    Thanks Froal, I got her an Amigo medium turnout but the surcingles are just going round her. She isnt fat but sway backed, but there is a possibility I ordered pony instead of horse...
    i just bought an amigo for my boy and the surcingles are tiny had to order extenders was very disapointed he is a little overweight at the mo but i doubt those surcingles would go round any horse.
    horses are more than just a hobby they're a way of life!

on the last count of over 20 rugs between 2 horses there's nooooo way I am spending anothe rpenny on a rug this winter....unless i find a nice lightweight for shannon ...whose out in a trusty weatherbeeta thats now on its 4th horse....

Default Evison Equine

Hi Munron

Dont know if you have had a chance to look at this site - the choice of rugs is not massive but they are good. I haven't heard any complaints so far from the ones I got before.
    They say life is what you make it. So guys, lets make it better!!

Hi i found if you buy rugs at the end of the winter they are very cheap also when we were on our way back from kent one year we stoped of at robinsons store they had a sale on i got about 10 the stable rugs were only £15 bargin

Quote Originally Posted by Nibbler View Post
    Hi Munron

Dont know if you have had a chance to look at this site - the choice of rugs is not massive but they are good. I haven't heard any complaints so far from the ones I got before.
    Hi Nibbler, yes i managed a quick look but I havent had a close look, if that makes sense. I will have a closer inspection later on hopefully, thanks for the heads up though.

I go between weatherbeeta, masta and shires. Got her ones with a hood for the horrible snowy winter months, think I have turned her into a bit of a softy tho with her large wardrobe

19. Default

Well I am normally a weatherbeeta fan, but i found this company as my friend runs a horsey website the rugs are great and very reasonable but the quality is fantastic
    http://www.rainbowequine.com/product...rnout_Rug.html
    Recommend everyone have a look.

Cara & Bracken

ive seen those rainbow equine ones and noticed also there is a review of one of them in either horse and rider or your horse this month - anyone had one?? are they any good?

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast