Caithness Map :: Links to Site Map Paying too much for broadband? Move to PlusNet broadband and save£££s. Free setup now available - terms apply. PlusNet broadband.  
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: John Thurso MP

Quote Originally Posted by Rheghead View Post
    There is an election coming up and do you think he is focussing upon the issues that affect you the most eg Crime and disorder etc
    Is crime and disorder the issue that affects us most here? I think not, and I think that JT is constructively involved in a lot of initiatives aimed at minimising the economic impact of Dounreay/Vulcan decommissioning. Seriously, you seem an educated and passionate bloke, are you thinking of running Rheggers?
    Working On Behalf Of The Community!

I think he is a very trustworthy man and he does get things done. He does do charity work and he is a caring person. It was john thurso and robert Maclennan who got the Renal Unit in Caithness. John thurso is still working for those patients by trying to get the unit extended. He is very good as an mp and helps many people.We are lucky to have him as our mp.
    Live for today as tomorrow may never come

Quote Originally Posted by Tubthumper View Post
    Is crime and disorder the issue that affects us most here? I think not, and I think that JT is constructively involved in a lot of initiatives aimed at minimising the economic impact of Dounreay/Vulcan decommissioning. Seriously, you seem an educated and passionate bloke, are you thinking of running Rheggers?
    I feel your passion, crime is remnant from disorder and people having nothing better to do so I go with your theory.
    I think the decommissioning is an opportunity, not a threat,
    but we need to know what's expected....

For the survey, I am quite happy with him, give me a lot of choice and I might think differently.

Can anyone tell me what charity work or other work he has done over the last 8-9 years that he has been in office.

What has his record been on encouraging the masses of renewable energy projects and other industries that want to create jobs in the far north?

Has he emerged largely unscathed from the expenses scandal?

Do you think he is trustworthy?

Do you think his other financial interests hinder his performance as your MP?

Do you think he can do more to represent the North?

Do you vote Lib-Dem just because it is John that represents you?

There is an election coming up and do you think he is focussing upon the issues that affect you the most eg Crime and disorder etc
    Got any specific problems in mind? Why are you attacking John Thurso this way? Strikes me that if it was a fellow Orger you were having a go at the Mods would have closed it down instantly. Not that I suggest that should be done, but how about explaining why you have posted this and what your gripe actually is?
    For the record, I wanted to vote for JT last time because I believe him to be an excellent and hard-working constituency MP but his party has an untenable energy policy so I couldn't do it.

I agree that crime and disorder are not issues that greatly affect us up in the far north, but, and it is a big but, people want it to stay that way so crime and disorder will be an issue that will be foremost in the minds of northern voters.

I've been a party to a service that emails me any speeches that John Thurso makes in the House. He has been very quiet of late and he hasn't been really vocal on many issues except the energy white paper and it wasn't an issue in my opinion since the movement on the ground spoke louder than the down graded nature of the language in said paper wrt to Pentland Firth.

I've been a tad disappointed in him due to my perception of his lack of technical knowledge on the Pentland Firth re. potential energy etc.

As for his personal integrity, it seems impeccable and long may that be so, however, would local voters still rally around him if he was exposed as a crook?
    God, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change,
    Courage to change the things I can,
    And wisdom to know the difference.

Quote Originally Posted by ywindythesecond View Post
    Got any specific problems in mind? Why are you attacking John Thurso this way? Strikes me that if it was a fellow Orger you were having a go at the Mods would have closed it down instantly. Not that I suggest that should be done, but how about explaining why you have posted this and what your gripe actually is?
    For the record, I wanted to vote for JT last time because I believe him to be an excellent and hard-working constituency MP but his party has an untenable energy policy so I couldn't do it.
    I'm not attacking him, just asking questions to get a feel for voter empathy towards him. And to get good picture in my mind whether he deserves my vote on his present track record.

Do you think he is protecting a secret, is that why you are asking?
    Last edited by Rheghead; 28-Sep-09 at 01:20.

As for his personal integrity, it seems impeccable and long may that be so, however, would local voters still rally around him if he was exposed as a crook?
    That phrase makes you sound like the most base of tabloid hacks!
    Has there been any suggestion of wrongdoing? No! Has the idea of wrongdoing been sown in peoples minds? Yes! Who did it? You! And why? That's what I'd like to know.
    There's a word I'm thinking of, 'tchyoub' or something similar - can you help me out here?

Talking

I'm not attacking him, just asking questions to get a feel for voter empathy towards him. And to get good picture in my mind whether he deserves my vote on his present track record.

Do you think he is protecting a secret, is that why you are asking?
    I really despair for democracy in this banana republic of ours. The op's voting intentions being influenced by a straw poll on Caithness.org. The mind boggles !
    Maybe he should get out a bit more and develop a mind of his own.

Quote Originally Posted by davie View Post
    Maybe he should get out a bit more and develop a mind of his own.
    Perhaps John should get out more and let us know what he really is doing? I'm all for somebody who actually does something for a change.

John does work hard,he takes nothing lightly if you ask him for help. I am endebted to him for helping to save my home,without his help I would without a doubt have been made homeless!Nothing seems to be too little or too big a problem for him to try and help with,perhaps there should be more mp's/msp's like this! x
    The nice thing about living in a small place is that if you dont know what you are doing....there's always somebody who does,or thinks they do! x

I agree that crime and disorder are not issues that greatly affect us up in the far north, but, and it is a big but, people want it to stay that way so crime and disorder will be an issue that will be foremost in the minds of northern voters.

The fact that drugs are on the increase is an issue and many of the crimes in Caithness are drug related. Jamie Stone called the figures "shocking."

That phrase makes you sound like the most base of tabloid hacks!
    Has there been any suggestion of wrongdoing? No! Has the idea of wrongdoing been sown in peoples minds? Yes! Who did it? You! And why? That's what I'd like to know.
    There's a word I'm thinking of, 'tchyoub' or something similar - can you help me out here?
    maybe you should try winding your neck in a wee bit after all you are a little fish in a big pond.

Perhaps John should get out more and let us know what he really is doing? I'm all for somebody who actually does something for a change.
    The original poster is beginning to sound like the New Liebour hopeful who tried to start scurrilous rumours on the same subject a few months ago and was sent back under his stone in short order.

btw Ihave never voted for John Thurso and will not do so in the future.

Quote Originally Posted by maverick View Post
    maybe you should try winding your neck in a wee bit after all you are a little fish in a big pond.
    It wasn't me who was fishing for information, was it? My neck will stay precisely where it is, ta. Perhaps Maverick my friend, you could answer the question I asked you, and let Rheghead answer for himself.

Quote Originally Posted by Stavro View Post
    Jamie Stone called the figures "shocking."
    Why is no-one enquiring whether people might not vote for Jamie Stone if he had crooked dealings exposed? After all, policing and crime is a devolved issue, and nothing to do with John Thurso.

It wasn't me who was fishing for information, was it? My neck will stay precisely where it is, ta. Perhaps Maverick my friend, you could answer the question I asked you, and let Rheghead answer for himself.
    why should I give you Information that does not concern you, is it to simply improve your social status? Come the revolution, I would be right up front with the rest getting my teeth knocked in, where would you be probably hiding under the bed, and like all good politians when the dust settles you would come crawling out and taking credit for the outcome.

Quote Originally Posted by davie View Post
    The original poster is beginning to sound like the New Liebour hopeful who tried to start scurrilous rumours on the same subject a few months ago and was sent back under his stone in short order.
    How was the original poster trying to start scurrilous rumours, please give quotes please. Baffled...

If Labour uncovered something that genuinely was true about John that didn't quite fit with his impeccable reputation, lets just suppose for the moment it is possible..., would it back-fire on Labour as trying to play dirty politics, given the voters implacable admiration for John?

I've had dealings with our MP and yes he has always been helpful and done all that was asked of him he even got pictures of MPs speaking in parliament for my Daughterwhen she asked him to. Yes I'd vote for him.

Sorry, I know I am not allowed to double post but what exactly is your gripe? Has JT done something specific that he should not have done, or has he not done something specific which he should have done, and if you cannot put up you should shut up.
    ywy2

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast