Caithness Map :: Links to Site Map Paying too much for broadband? Move to PlusNet broadband and save£££s. Free setup now available - terms apply. PlusNet broadband.  

Thread: Home made beefburger recipe?

Default Home made beefburger recipe?

Looking for a simple burger recipe. Got the mince out the freezer and can't face our usual bolognaise, lasagne or meat & potato pie (children won't eat shephards pie), but the mince is there, so has to be cooked and I'm thinking burgers for tea.

Thank you in advance

I just put the mince in a bowl add lots of salt and pepper and blend well together. Mould into balls with wet hands, then flatten to shape before frying. They freeze well and OH likes them with fried onions and gravy made in the pan at the same time. My late mother added worcester sauce and an egg yolk then rolled them in ruskoline and called them rissoles.
    Making tomorrow`s memories today

Quote Originally Posted by poppett View Post
    I just put the mince in a bowl add lots of salt and pepper and blend well together. Mould into balls with wet hands, then flatten to shape before frying. They freeze well and OH likes them with fried onions and gravy made in the pan at the same time. My late mother added worcester sauce and an egg yolk then rolled them in ruskoline and called them rissoles.
    Can u come and do some for me,please???

Quote Originally Posted by poppett View Post
    Mine are very like yours and to add variation i add grated onion or chillie and cummin or any other flavor you fancy

Default Burgers

Thank you!

Ended up improvising from a recipe I found on google (adapting the ingrediants with what I had in the cupboard!):

Fried some finely chopped spring onions & set aside.
    Mixed the mince with a beaten egg, salt, pepper, oxo cube, tsp french mustard, tsp tomato ketchup, half teaspoon sage & half teaspoon of oregano and added the fried onions.

Made into 4 (large!) burger shapes & put in the fridge for an hour.

They fried up really nicely and the children said they were the best they had tasted!

I like them when I put in a bit of egg to keep it together, a wee drop of breadcrumbs for texture, and some onions for flavour. Yum.

if you mix all your igredients together then get pastry cutting rings and put the mixture into the rings you'll have pefectly shaped beef burgers, thats just a simple tip for you