Caithness Map :: Links to Site Map Paying too much for broadband? Move to PlusNet broadband and save£££s. Free setup now available - terms apply. PlusNet broadband.  
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Patches

Quote Originally Posted by tonkatojo View Post
    Spot on GIZMO, the wife feeds me stuff that goes ding to keep me on 1500 calories, but it's not easy, I love my grub.
    Indeed, a 1500 calorie diet is pretty tough going, i dropped a stone in 6 weeks by sticking to a diet or between 1200 and 1400 calories, which is not a lot of food. The trick is to fill that diet with lots of low calorie food, chicken, fish, tuna etc, and rice cakes are a great low calorie way to give you a little bulk that will take away some of the hunger pangs, and one of the best things to cut out if you want to lose weight is bread. A lot of people make the mistake of thinking that eating lots of fruit is a good way to lose weight, it's not, fruit is still full of natural sugar, and a medium sized banana has more calories than a chocolate biscuit, of course the banana is healthier for you.

If you are serious about losing weight then all you have to do is cut out crisps, sweets, fizzy drinks (dont replace fizzy drinks with fruit juice either, 130 calories in 250ml of fruit juice...drink water), fried food, deep fried food, chips, takeaways, alcohol. And don't eat out, especially in one of the towns popular chain pubs, where an average single meal from their menu will provide you with between 1100 to 1400 calories..with many meals providing more than that, and a 3 course meal will easily push you close to 3000 calories....i kid you not.

And a little addition, if anyone wants help with losing weight, speak to 'Andrew Usher' that posts on the Org, his help and guidance was excellent when i was trying to lose weight.
    Last edited by Gizmo; 27-Sep-09 at 18:45.

i do watch what i eat. im on a GI diet as im diabetic. in fact im not a big eater at the best of times. there are times when my sugar goes wonky that i dont exercise well as i feel crap, but all in all i hardly ever stop moving.
    to tell the truth i have really skinny legs! *laughs* my problem is the fat on my hips and belly. after having 3 children the least of which weighed in a 10lbs 1 oz and the largest at 10lbs 14 ozs and 2 c-sections loosing the weight there has been really hard and not managed it yet.
    i have to wear a size 20-22 top cause im so top heavy and anywhere from an 16-18 bottoms. it use to be that the larger tops would be like sacks past the boobs but now im gratful for them as ive a poochy belly i can not get rid of.
    so yup getting really fed up as doing what im suppose to and still not loosing the weight!
    as soon as im able will be back at the gym.. fingers crossed will be able to do some toning!
    http://itqueries.com/

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12