Caithness Map :: Links to Site Map Paying too much for broadband? Move to PlusNet broadband and save£££s. Free setup now available - terms apply. PlusNet broadband.  

Thread: Flu shot question

Question Flu shot question

Went for my routine 3 monthly blood test yeterday and the nurse also gave me a flu shot at the same time. It was fine getting the needle (dont mind them anyway). But last night it started to get quite sore, and when i woke up it was really painful. I cant touch the arm without it aching, cant move it either so its kinda hard picking up athrun!

My arm is quite swollen aswell. The pain starts at my neck right down to my wrist.

Is that normal for flu shots? If it is am never gettin one again!

I have never had a reaction to any injections before so this is not normal for me at all.
    I SWORE ON ONE THREAD!
    GET OVER IT!!!!!

If in doubt then go back to the nurse and or Doctor and seek their advice. They are the only ones who will be able to give you the correct advice and to put your mind at ease.

Deep into that darkness peering, long I stood there, wondering, fearing, doubting, dreaming dreams no mortal ever dared to dream before.

Edgar Allen Poe

Quote Originally Posted by ShelleyBain View Post
    Went for my routine 3 monthly blood test yeterday and the nurse also gave me a flu shot at the same time. It was fine getting the needle (dont mind them anyway). But last night it started to get quite sore, and when i woke up it was really painful. I cant touch the arm without it aching, cant move it either so its kinda hard picking up athrun!

My arm is quite swollen aswell. The pain starts at my neck right down to my wrist.

Is that normal for flu shots? If it is am never gettin one again!

I have never had a reaction to any injections before so this is not normal for me at all.
    Got my annual flu shot yesterday with no adverse effects, yet

I have had a reaction similar to yours but not quite so severe. They do say you can experience side effects from a flu jab. This is taken from the nhs website:
    "you may experience side effects after having the jab. Some people experience a slight temperature and aching muscles for a couple of days afterwards. Your arm may feel a bit sore at the site where you were injected. More severe reactions are rare."
    If in doubt go back to the doctor. Hope your arm feels better soon.

Thanks folks. Think i might have to phone NHS24, my arm is going quite numb and now my other arm is in agony! Is that even possible!!!
    I SWORE ON ONE THREAD!
    GET OVER IT!!!!!

get up to a&e...that cant be right
    The miracle is not to fly in the air,
    or to walk on the water,but to walk on the earth.

Is your arm red, you could have an infection. Get it seen to straight away.
    Live for today as tomorrow may never come

Quote Originally Posted by ShelleyBain View Post
    Thanks folks. Think i might have to phone NHS24, my arm is going quite numb and now my other arm is in agony! Is that even possible!!!
    That doesn't sound right, you must be in a lot of pain. Did you phone NHS 24? What did they say?

Oh poor Shelley! You're not having a very good time are you?

I really hope you managed to get help or the pain subsided.
    "Until one has loved an animal part of their soul remains unawakened"

Still in a bit of pain. Phoned and had to put ice packs on where it was sore.

I cant tell if the area is red where i got injected because i have a tattoo there.

Pain is a little bit less today though thankfully. Arms quite stiff to move but im sure carrying a few loads of washing will soon sort me out.

Pain could take a week to go though because of the reaction i had!

Never again!!
    I SWORE ON ONE THREAD!
    GET OVER IT!!!!!