Caithness Map :: Links to Site Map Paying too much for broadband? Move to PlusNet broadband and save£££s. Free setup now available - terms apply. PlusNet broadband.  

Thread: Making Decisions.

Default Making Decisions.

Anyone else find this really difficult to do?

I'm fine in work situations maybe even too keen to make the decision but anywhere else its a dilema.

Just now I'm doing a list of pros and cons for OH's job.
    Whether or not we go away for a break before Christmas or after
    Whether we stay at home and decorate or go away.
    Buy new stuff or secondhand for impending new arrival....(not Me)

It goes on and on and on........
    Never judge someone until you have walked two moons in their moccasins.

Native American Indian saying.

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by cuddlepop View Post
    Anyone else find this really difficult to do?

I'm fine in work situations maybe even too keen to make the decision but anywhere else its a dilema.

Just now I'm doing a list of pros and cons for OH's job.
    Whether or not we go away for a break before Christmas or after
    Whether we stay at home and decorate or go away.
    Buy new stuff or secondhand for impending new arrival....(not Me)

It goes on and on and on........

1) After Christmas, it's cheaper, and you can haggle a great price
    2) Go away, use the money you saved by going away after Christmas on hiring a decorator
    3) Second hand, spend the saving on the decorator

There you go, that'll be a fiver please

I'm trying to decide whether to reply to this thread or not.

Quote Originally Posted by Gizmo View Post
    1) After Christmas, it's cheaper, and you can haggle a great price
    2) Go away, use the money you saved by going away after Christmas on hiring a decorator
    3) Second hand, spend the saving on the decorator

There you go, that'll be a fiver please
    A £5 thats cheap,I cost my OH a fortune in my indecision decisions.

I could sell paint and curtains.

Went to Inverness for carpet and came back with none because of my........

OK, I've made my decision, I'm responding. If by decorate you mean put up Christmas decorations, I vote for going away before and during Christmas to avoid it. But if you go after Christmas you can find some good bargains and it would probably be cheaper. If by decorate you mean to give a room a facelift, I vote for staying home and putting money and energy into that since you will enjoy it all year long. But you've had your nose to the grindstone all year long and redecorating a room takes a lot of energy and may leave you feeling stressed so a wee trip away would lift your spirits. Weather at Christmas can be crummy so you will have that to contend with as you travel but a break at that time of year would be nice.

As far as the clothing goes, second hand is fine since baby clothes are barely worn and you can find some lovely things that look like brand new. But the new parents may think that you don't think enough of them to buy something new and you don't want them to think badly of you. But on the other hand, the parents may think more of you for recycling good clothing rather than buying something new.

I wish I could help with the OH job decision but you were skimpy on the details.

I know how you feel. I'm really really bad at making decisions too. I worry and worry about it, not getting anywhere, then make the wrong choice, always! And in every area too, ranging from whether to have chicken or beef for tea, to whether to move to Aberdeen or Edinburgh. It drives me mad!

Quote Originally Posted by Margaret M. View Post
    OK, I've made my decision, I'm responding. If by decorate you mean put up Christmas decorations, I vote for going away before and during Christmas to avoid it. But if you go after Christmas you can find some good bargains and it would probably be cheaper. If by decorate you mean to give a room a facelift, I vote for staying home and putting money and energy into that since you will enjoy it all year long. But you've had your nose to the grindstone all year long and redecorating a room takes a lot of energy and may leave you feeling stressed so a wee trip away would lift your spirits. Weather at Christmas can be crummy so you will have that to contend with as you travel but a break at that time of year would be nice.

As far as the clothing goes, second hand is fine since baby clothes are barely worn and you can find some lovely things that look like brand new. But the new parents may think that you don't think enough of them to buy something new and you don't want them to think badly of you. But on the other hand, the parents may think more of you for recycling good clothing rather than buying something new.

I wish I could help with the OH job decision but you were skimpy on the details.
    The whole house needs redoing,no sooner have you finished the last room the first one needs a facelift,on our case the living room.
    Have managed to find lined curtains I love so at least I'm starting from somewhere.
    Going away with the two dogs will be stressful and finding somewhere that'll take my two is proving difficult but cant leave them behind as OH would pine.

Oh's job well he doesnt get any breaks from when he leaves the house at
    7am and drives and drives till he's finished sometimes a 12hr day plus.
    Doesnt get overtime.

The only pro I've got is that it pays more than the dole.

I'm going to be a granny early next year so have offered to buy them a new pram but with so many good second hand ones you could kit out the whole baby.

Thanks Margaret.
    Last edited by cuddlepop; 25-Sep-09 at 15:19.

Im the decision maker here! If i ask my OH "what will we have for dinner?" I get back "its up to you dear"

I ask "will we decorate?" i get back "its up to you dear"

Its always the same answer! Fair enough he lets me do what i want but want him to make some desicions sometimes too lol

So i suppose i have to find it easy to make a desicion or else nothing will be done!

Try not to think too much into what the outcome will be, try and be spontanious and you might enjoy it!

Luck! x
    I SWORE ON ONE THREAD!
    GET OVER IT!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by ShelleyBain View Post
    Fair enough he lets me do what i want but want him to make some desicions sometimes too lol
    So OK, he makes a decision to have Mousaka for tomorrow night's tea and he's making it for the first time in ages, and ever since school dinners you have avoided that dish with a vengeance. Will you gurn at him or try to overturn your childhood dislike?
    God, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change,
    Courage to change the things I can,
    And wisdom to know the difference.

I decided this morning that I wasn't making any decisions today. I don't know if that was a good decision or not.

Quote Originally Posted by Rheghead View Post
    So OK, he makes a decision to have Mousaka for tomorrow night's tea and he's making it for the first time in ages, and ever since school dinners you have avoided that dish with a vengeance. Will you gurn at him or try to overturn your childhood dislike?
    Overturn! Have to give another go, my OH's cooking is brill anyway so i would eat anything!! lol.
    I SWORE ON ONE THREAD!
    GET OVER IT!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by ShelleyBain View Post
    Im the decision maker here! If i ask my OH "what will we have for dinner?" I get back "its up to you dear"

I ask "will we decorate?" i get back "its up to you dear"

Its always the same answer! Fair enough he lets me do what i want but want him to make some desicions sometimes too lol

So i suppose i have to find it easy to make a desicion or else nothing will be done!

Try not to think too much into what the outcome will be, try and be spontanious and you might enjoy it!

Luck! x

Up to you dear! that's my matra as well. likewise we have to do all the things men can't

I've decided today no one wants to discuss the issue of the regeneration money for Wick,so have answered my own question.

No one dare say now that non locals cant contribute to a "caithness.org forum" and kep it local I tried.......
    Remember the wee debate we had a wee while ago......

Im married. I dont do decisions.