Caithness Map :: Links to Site Map Paying too much for broadband? Move to PlusNet broadband and save£££s. Free setup now available - terms apply. PlusNet broadband.  

Thread: 19 Pound Baby Born

Default 19 Pound Baby Born

An Indonesian Woman has given Birth to a 19.2 Pound Baby Boy, the heavest newborn ever recorded in the Country. Akbar Risuddin is the biggest baby ever born in Indonesia. Crowds have been gathering at the Abdul Manan hospital in the town of Kisaran, North Sumatra province to catch a glimpse of the youngster, whose name means big, or great, in Arabic.

Dr Binsar Sitanggang, who delivered Akbar in a 40-minute caesarean operation, said both mother and child are in good condition.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/news...9-lb-baby.html

Deep into that darkness peering, long I stood there, wondering, fearing, doubting, dreaming dreams no mortal ever dared to dream before.

Edgar Allen Poe

Quote Originally Posted by Kodiak View Post
    An Indonesian Woman has given Birth to a 19.2 Pound Baby Boy, the heavest newborn ever recorded in the Country. Akbar Risuddin is the biggest baby ever born in Indonesia. Crowds have been gathering at the Abdul Manan hospital in the town of Kisaran, North Sumatra province to catch a glimpse of the youngster, whose name means big, or great, in Arabic.

Dr Binsar Sitanggang, who delivered Akbar in a 40-minute caesarean operation, said both mother and child are in good condition.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/news...9-lb-baby.html
    Ouch ouch and ouch again

Default Owww

Oh my what a whopper! but on a more serious note look at the condition of the beds those wee newborns are in, makes us glad that here at least we have clean new looking facilities and have little to moan about in Wick hospital in comparison.

Boy I bet that hurt! And she'll be in even more pain trying to hold him or feed him with her stitches from the caesarean. He looks like he's about 6 months old!!

I think i read the mum had diabetes and they think that is how come he is so big

Can anyone imagine the poor wifey breastfeeding, or the size of nappy's required in few month, they will have to notify the coast guard for UFO's (unidentified floating objects) when they change those.
    I think the bairn will be a sumo wrestler in later years. LOL

Oh my...goodness! Thank goodness she had a c-section actually. Thats enough to put me off childbirth...for a while!
    I SWORE ON ONE THREAD!
    GET OVER IT!!!!!

Wow...
    Big Baby...
    Thank Godness My Boy Was Only 6lb!

Ack what a pram spoiler!

Quote Originally Posted by squidge View Post
    I think i read the mum had diabetes and they think that is how come he is so big
    Yes, they said baby's size was due to too much glucose! There's an awful warning. Hope they have a drop-sided cot.
    The early bird may get the worm, but the second mouse gets the cheese.

Reminds me of that book by R Stornaway
    Live the Dream, don't dream the life

Ouch .. i wouldn't have liked to have carried that around for 9 months , i thought 9lb 7 was bad enough . My daughter wasn't even 19.2 by the time she was a year old !!!

Quote Originally Posted by Whitewater View Post
    Reminds me of that book by R Stornaway
    That would be "Nail in the Banister". ( Primary 6, 1955)