Caithness Map :: Links to Site Map Paying too much for broadband? Move to PlusNet broadband and save£££s. Free setup now available - terms apply. PlusNet broadband.  

Thread: Loch Ness 10K Chrity Run

Talking Loch Ness 10K Chrity Run

Hi all,

You may have read an article in the John O' Groat Journal today about my friend Natalie Marshall's little girl Faith who was diagnosed with cancer at 13 weeks old. As also stated in the article myself and Natalie are running the Baxters Loch Ness 10K a week on Sunday in aid of CLIC Sargent, a childrens cancer charity that has supported Natalie and her family in a varity of ways since Faith's diagnosis. We are trying to drum up some more sponsorship to try and raise as much money for CLIC Sargent as possible, so if anyone has a spare pound or two and would like to sponsor either of us you can do so by clicking either of the following links:

www.justgiving.com/natalie-marshall0

www.justgiving.co.uk/terri-watt

Also I have added a link below to CLIC Sargents website:

www.clicsargent.co.uk

Many thanks
    Last edited by ter21wat; 25-Sep-09 at 10:44.

I will definitely be donating, just read the article, what a brave little girl and of course her mummy to!
    ELVIS ISN'T DEAD I HEARD HIM ON THE RADIO

I ran it last year for the Maggies Centre as CLIC wouldn't let me run if I hadn't raised over £300. CLIC means a lot to me as I had leukemia when I was 2. In the end I only managed to raise £210 and Maggies came along and said they are happy wit anything they get. Completed the run in 1hr 10, which was quite poor considering how much training i put myself through.

No hard feelings against CLIC. I will be donating to this great cause.
    I'm as mad as hell and I'm not going to take this anymore

Quote Originally Posted by Invisible View Post
    I ran it last year for the Maggies Centre as CLIC wouldn't let me run if I hadn't raised over £300. CLIC means a lot to me as I had leukemia when I was 2. In the end I only managed to raise £210 and Maggies came along and said they are happy wit anything they get. Completed the run in 1hr 10, which was quite poor considering how much training i put myself through.

Wonder why a charity would do that - refuse to accept your money unless it's more than £300? Surely anything you raise is good?

Quote Originally Posted by Invisible View Post

Hi Invisable, thank you very much from both myself and Natalie for your kind sponsor, its very much appreciated

On the issue you mentioned above regarding CLIC requiring you to raise £300 to run for them, I have no why they would do this, its very strange? They haven't placed any restrictions on us at all this year and have provided us with lots of support over the last few weeks.

Quote Originally Posted by Loraine View Post
    Wonder why a charity would do that - refuse to accept your money unless it's more than £300? Surely anything you raise is good?
    I was told by my aunt that it may be the fact they were wanting to know if I was serious about raising money rather than running for CLIC and getting the free stuff with nothing in return.

Oh and ter21wat your welcome, don't mind putting money to a worthy cause.
    Last edited by Invisible; 28-Sep-09 at 14:34.
    I'm as mad as hell and I'm not going to take this anymore