Caithness Map :: Links to Site Map Paying too much for broadband? Move to PlusNet broadband and save£££s. Free setup now available - terms apply. PlusNet broadband.  
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: £35??

Quote Originally Posted by im behind you View Post
    concur
    are they still the original band from way back or have they come and gone
    Quote Originally Posted by Metalattakk View Post
    It's only Terry Uttley that remains from their '70s peak.

I think the promoter has made a big boo-boo with this one.
    They've had a couple of changes over the years. Alan Barton, (of Blacklace~Agadoo fame), replaced the original Smokie lead singer. Alan Barton went to the great Smokie in the sky in mid-90's, I think the tour bus crashed if I recall correctly. I don't know who the lead is now.

Quote Originally Posted by joxville View Post
    They've had a couple of changes over the years. Alan Barton, (of Blacklace~Agadoo fame), replaced the original Smokie lead singer. Alan Barton went to the great Smokie in the sky in mid-90's, I think the tour bus crashed if I recall correctly. I don't know who the lead is now.
    Everything you need to know can be found on their Wikipedia page.
    Last edited by Gizmo; 23-Sep-09 at 14:59.

I think £35 isnt that bad,we dont get that many good "famous" bands up here after all! I paid £28 for the Saw Doctors 2 years ago and wasnt complaining at that either,I cant wait for Smokie!x
    The nice thing about living in a small place is that if you dont know what you are doing....there's always somebody who does,or thinks they do! x

Quote Originally Posted by Gizmo View Post
    £35...to see Smokie, playing in the Waterfront, have the owners of The Waterfront gone stark raving mad?, and is anyone actually daft enough to pay that amount of money?, to put it in perspective, earlier this year i paid £10 more than that ticket price to see one of the biggest selling bands of all time in the Glasgow SECC. so £35 for a niche market act like Smokie, in the Waterfront...of all places, is one of the daftest things i have read in ages.
    I agree with you. I paid £27 to see a popular singer at the SECC Auditorium last year-every seat was the same price so it was a first come, first served basis.

Am just surprised Wickerman hasn't been on here already to chastise you all for having the indecency to question the price. For what it's worth, Smokie's show in Dundee is £22.50.

Quote Originally Posted by The Pepsi Challenge View Post
    Am just surprised Wickerman hasn't been on here already to chastise you all for having the indecency to question the price. For what it's worth, Smokie's show in Dundee is £22.50.
    So the further north they go they dearer they get? On that basis when they come to Basingstoke or Reading I'll only pay £1.50 to see them.

Quote Originally Posted by Kevin Milkins View Post
    Smokie and the bandits now then.
    yes nice 1 although the 3rd was a bit of a flop

Chaos descends in DR Simpsons as the price of the tickets to see Smokie is revealed:-

Quote Originally Posted by telfordstar View Post
    Be a dear night out that say for 2 tickets at £70 plus drinks!!!! If i was a smokie fan id rather sit at home listen to a cd that pay all that. Thats lek a weeks shopping just to see that. mental.
    £70 is not dear if u enjoy listening to them some people smoke that in a week or drink it on a friday night.
    Imagine if u was a smokie fan and they were playing in inverness only look how much that would cost to drive down and back up plus the hasstle of driving.
    In this day and age if a couple can go out for a nights worth of quality entertainment for £100 thats reasonable in this day age with the cost of things

Quote Originally Posted by EDDIE View Post
    £70 is not dear if u enjoy listening to them some people smoke that in a week or drink it on a friday night.
    Imagine if u was a smokie fan and they were playing in inverness only look how much that would cost to drive down and back up plus the hasstle of driving.
    In this day and age if a couple can go out for a nights worth of quality entertainment for £100 thats reasonable in this day age with the cost of things
    Eh...to a lot of people, especially in this area, that IS a lot of money, it certainly would be to me.

Quote Originally Posted by butterfly View Post
    Agree,i think it's a rip off!
    Aye i agree Butterfly it s a rip off,anyway i thought smokie was banned indoors??

Mmmm...pretty pointless when you're the only one that knows what the facepalm is being applied to
    Kinda like this thread.

It's £35, get over it. Typical Caithness, damned if you do, damned if you don't.

Don't wanna pay, don't go. Simples.

I had to google them
    @,'---.................................................. ---',@
    ~*~Believe In The Magic Of Your Dreams~*~
    ---',@................................................. . @',---

Quote Originally Posted by Jeid View Post
    Kinda like this thread.

It's £35, get over it. Typical Caithness, damned if you do, damned if you don't.

Don't wanna pay, don't go. Simples.
    I was never behind it to 'Get over it', the original post was merely my opinion and observation on something that makes no sense to me, i wouldn't be going if it was free, or even if Smokie were paying me a tenner to attend, but that doesn't mean i can't voice my opinion on the ridiculous price for a ticket.

it's a shame it's so dear - i'd have loved to have gone but again by time you pay £70 for 2 tickets it's a very dear night.... got other priorites for that kinda money right now

Eh...to a lot of people, especially in this area, that IS a lot of money, it certainly would be to me.
    Yeh but its not as if u are wasting £100 every week whats wrong with giving yourself a treat now and again

Default Tickets

Think £35.00 is a bit steep.Ocean Colour Scene are playing in the Assembly rooms next year and tickets are only £28.50.
    If i really wanted to see Smokie then i would pay the £35.00 as moaning about it on here is not going to bring the price down!!!!
    Hopes everyone who is going has a great night.

I am looking forward to going! Aged 20 should be a good ngt out, it's what ive been brought up listening to!
    It's been advertised for long enough, so the price to me isn't a big deal . The way I look at it, it's on our doorstep so you have no digs, travel or food to pay for (+ your day shopping in the city )along with your drinks which would work out a lot more expensive!
    Really looking forward to it and a lot of people I have spoken to will be there!

Good on Robert for giving it a go and bringing something different to Caithness!

I agree with you for a change £70 is far more than you would need for a "good time"
    I'm as mad as hell and I'm not going to take this anymore

£35...to see Smokie, playing in the Waterfront, have the owners of The Waterfront gone stark raving mad?, and is anyone actually daft enough to pay that amount of money?, to put it in perspective, earlier this year i paid £10 more than that ticket price to see one of the biggest selling bands of all time in the Glasgow SECC. so £35 for a niche market act like Smokie, in the Waterfront...of all places, is one of the daftest things i have read in ages.
    To paraphrase one of their hits:

I understand your moaning, Why the prices aren't low,
    I guess they have they're reason, Though you don't need to go,
    But for 24 years they've been drinking out of a chalice,
    Chalice, what the........

<door, slam>

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast