Caithness Map :: Links to Site Map Paying too much for broadband? Move to PlusNet broadband and save£££s. Free setup now available - terms apply. PlusNet broadband.  
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: £35??

Default £35??

£35...to see Smokie, playing in the Waterfront, have the owners of The Waterfront gone stark raving mad?, and is anyone actually daft enough to pay that amount of money?, to put it in perspective, earlier this year i paid £10 more than that ticket price to see one of the biggest selling bands of all time in the Glasgow SECC. so £35 for a niche market act like Smokie, in the Waterfront...of all places, is one of the daftest things i have read in ages.

Default Rubbish

i know its a lot of money but have you thought that thousands more people can fit in to the glasgow SECC then they can in the waterfront.

The people who own the place are still paying the same amount for the band as the glasgow place would maybe even more for the distance they have to travel to get up here so they have to charge that price to make up for the costs...

i would look at it like it was a rip off from the glasgow SECC they would make ten times more profit then the waterfront would.

Also if you went to glasgow you have to pay your travel costs if you go to inverness to see someone again travel costs. I think its about time people supported places like the waterfront otherwise nothing will come up here and there wont be any entertainment. if people support smokie who knows who would come up next year. it has to start somewhere.

Thumbs down

£35 is absolutely outrageous!
    Why be a hard rock when you really are a gem!

concur
    are they still the original band from way back or have they come and gone

Quote Originally Posted by im behind you View Post
    concur
    are they still the original band from way back or have they come and gone
    It's only Terry Uttley that remains from their '70s peak.

I think the promoter has made a big boo-boo with this one.
    "It makes my blood burn with metal energy..."

Quote Originally Posted by jumbledrainbow View Post
    i know its a lot of money but have you thought that thousands more people can fit in to the glasgow SECC then they can in the waterfront.

The people who own the place are still paying the same amount for the band as the glasgow place would maybe even more for the distance they have to travel to get up here so they have to charge that price to make up for the costs...

i would look at it like it was a rip off from the glasgow SECC they would make ten times more profit then the waterfront would.

Also if you went to glasgow you have to pay your travel costs if you go to inverness to see someone again travel costs. I think its about time people supported places like the waterfront otherwise nothing will come up here and there wont be any entertainment. if people support smokie who knows who would come up next year. it has to start somewhere.
    That's not the point....it's Smokie, for goodness sake, they don't play huge venues like the SECC.

Default Smokie

Smokie and the bandits now then.
    A man who fears suffering is already suffering from what he fears.

i think you will find smokie play all over the place. in big and small venues. unfortunately they still have to be paid for so it is the point. the amount of people who can fit into the waterfront paying that price probably pay for the band.

i think that my points are pretty valid why not complain about the secc taking so much profit for bands they have on? they dont need to make that much money with the amount of people they have going they could charge less especially as you have to pay for travel.

its a good fun night something different. i love reading the org for threads like this which is basic moaning for no valid reason. if you dont like smokie and you dont want to pay the money dont. but get over it, someone is doing something for your town, trying to get it on the map as a place for bands to come up to. it might only be smokie to start off with but if its supported and works out it could get better and if it gets better and more people go it probably would get cheaper.

where i am from they had the same sort of venue and it took a couple of years of more expensive bands that were not so well known to come but recently they had oasis there. but they had the support of the locals and they had people in there town who were more about having fun and less about what money they have to spend to do it!

You can get a Great Smokie from the Fish Shop for a LOT Less than £35, YUM!!

Deep into that darkness peering, long I stood there, wondering, fearing, doubting, dreaming dreams no mortal ever dared to dream before.

Edgar Allen Poe

Quote Originally Posted by Metalattakk View Post
    It's only Terry Uttley that remains from their '70s peak.

I think the promoter has made a big boo-boo with this one.

Agree,i think it's a rip off!

Gonna have to give it one of these...

This argument is getting boring. A couple of questions for Gizmo, Blast and all those shimfing about the price of tickets:

• Being reasonable (ie not Oasis or U2), what bands would you like to see up here?
    • What would you say was a reasonable ticket price for a band you'd like to see up here?
    • What are you doing/ have you done about getting bands to come and play here?
    • How do you propose the situation be improved?
    Working On Behalf Of The Community!

Quote Originally Posted by Jeid View Post
    Gonna have to give it one of these...

Mmmm...pretty pointless when you're the only one that knows what the facepalm is being applied to

Well if you say 200 people go see Smokie,

Thats £7000

Is that what they charge????

just imagine 300 go ( a real Possibility)

Then thats £10500 thats not bad for one night, dont forget drinks on top

That is why people are moaning, not the fact that the waterfront is trying to bring up good bands. Good for them.

Quote Originally Posted by Tubthumper View Post
    This argument is getting boring. A couple of questions for Gizmo, Blast and all those shimfing about the price of tickets:

• Being reasonable (ie not Oasis or U2), what bands would you like to see up here?
    • What would you say was a reasonable ticket price for a band you'd like to see up here?
    • What are you doing/ have you done about getting bands to come and play here?
    • How do you propose the situation be improved?
    1) I can't answer that question without being 'unreasonable'
    2) £15 max
    3) Nothing, i'm not stupid enough to put money into a band playing in Caithness, we simply do not have the population to make anything a great success or money spinner.
    4) Quadruple the population

Quote Originally Posted by Gizmo View Post
    1) I can't answer that question without being 'unreasonable'
    2) £15 max
    3) Nothing, i'm not stupid enough to put money into a band playing in Caithness, we simply do not have the population to make anything a great success or money spinner.
    4) Quadruple the population
    Oh well, fair enough
    Working On Behalf Of The Community!

I got my tickets and I am looking forward to going!!!

Good to see someone with who is willng to make the effort to make a go of things in Wick rather sitting at home moaning.

Be a dear night out that say for 2 tickets at £70 plus drinks!!!! If i was a smokie fan id rather sit at home listen to a cd that pay all that. Thats lek a weeks shopping just to see that. mental.
    What doesn't kill you, will make you stronger.....

Quote Originally Posted by telfordstar View Post
    Be a dear night out that say for 2 tickets at £70 plus drinks!!!! If i was a smokie fan id rather sit at home listen to a cd that pay all that. Thats lek a weeks shopping just to see that. mental.
    Smokie have fans!!!??
    I'm as mad as hell and I'm not going to take this anymore

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by Invisible View Post
    Smokie have fans!!!??
    Ask your Granny

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast