Caithness Map :: Links to Site Map Paying too much for broadband? Move to PlusNet broadband and save£££s. Free setup now available - terms apply. PlusNet broadband.  

Thread: Booking a holiday online?

Smile Booking a holiday online?

Has anyone ever booked a holiday online? I called a few companies about a holiday to florida and the cheapest quote i got was online for much of the same thing i was offered on the phone. I am worried about putting my card details in as i have never booked anything online before. Anyone got any advice?

unicorn Guest

I normally find the offer I want then call the company with the booking reference number to actually book.

Default Booking a holiday online?

Research the holiday on line, get a price and then go to the travel agents and see if they will match the offer. Nasty but it works

We booked a holiday to Minorca last year. No problems and had a great holiday at a cheap price. Skivved of to a week in Prague with my daughter (left the menfolk at home) in March, again no problems at all. Make sure the site is run by a reputable company and check your holiday destination and hotel out before doing a full booking but in my experience go for it.
    To stay young live honestly, eat slowly and lie about your age.

Default online holiday booking

Hi there,
    I have booked holidays online before, and as long as you do your research, take hard copies (prints) of everything you book and do your homework before booking anything, you should be okay.
    I took my family (4 of us), to Paris for 10 days for less than £500, so it can be done (flights-Ryanair, booked online - train ticket to glasgow- 'friends' special, booked online, Eurocamp stay 10 nights - booked online but confirmed by phone, first nights hotel stay in France - booked online, even gave me the digital keycode for the hotel entrance as we were arriving late!!)
    I know its a chance with everything but I found as long as you kept in contact with everyone (get phone numbers!!) you are okay.

This year we have booked ourselves a hol to the Far East (from Aberdeen!), did all the ground work on the internet and went to John Innes in the Wick Travel Agents for a costing on the flights, he not only matched the internet price, he actually got it £15 per person cheaper (there are 5 of us, so works out a lot!!), and further surfing concludes we are saving around £800 (each) on flights alone! And we are paying it up, something NO internet company is going to offer!!

He also came up with a great deal for my son and his girlfriend when they went to New York, same thing, they knew what they wanted and he found them really good prices flying from Inverness!!

Of course he's offered us great advice and his knowledge is second to none, and to be honest, we wouldnt be able to go for this holiday of a lifetime if it wasnt for our local travel agent.

Thanks all for the advice. I will take a leaf from everyone.

Default Florida on expedia

I booked our whole holiday in Florida on expedia. It was great we booked return flights, hotel and car rental all on line. Everything went without any hiccups and it was just over £600 each in the summer so not bad that was 2 weeks inclusive

Thumbs up

Hi, I've just booked my holiday for this year online with no problems. I've been booking my holidays online for a few years now and have never had a problem. Hope this helps and enjoy your holiday in Florida