Caithness Map :: Links to Site Map Paying too much for broadband? Move to PlusNet broadband and save£££s. Free setup now available - terms apply. PlusNet broadband.  

Thread: Vodafone Network Down?

Default Vodafone Network Down?

Is anyone else in Thurso having trouble with the Vodafone network today?

I have a slightly weaker signal but other than that no Problems.

Deep into that darkness peering, long I stood there, wondering, fearing, doubting, dreaming dreams no mortal ever dared to dream before.

Edgar Allen Poe

no problems with vodafone from either of the phones in our household today and full bars .

Yeah mine was off in the springprk area earlier and low signl down town but everywhere else ok!!!

I am in the springpark area and still dont have a vodafone signal - emergency calls only - has been like this since i came home from work around 5pm

Vodaphone off yesterday and today in Sprinpark, Thurso and also down town when I tried it this morning.

Seems like a similar situation in Mount Vernon... last night and today, limited service
    "People may say what they wish, but we are actually under no compulsion to listen." LJ, and I do so wholeheartedly agree!

Default vodaphone

I am in Sinclair Street and I only have emergency calls only, its a real pain!

Can't get through to OH in THS yesterday or today... I hope it's just the network....eek:
    Behold the turtle - he only ever gets anywhere by sticking his neck out...

Grrrrr still no network!! Now not getting a signal anywhere in town or at my work in Janetstown! Has anyone contacted vodafone? I tried emailing them today but haven't had a response, also nothing showing on the coverage map on their website

Default Vodafone

Yip, same problem here when in town centre. When I called Vodafone from landline was told first of all there was "full signal" then eventually they admitted that they realised there was a problem which an engineer was aware of and was "investigating"...presumably paid by the hour rather than by result!

Worth phoning to report it so you can claim a day or two's refund if on contract phone!

Its always the same - last time the signal went down for a week I called them and they said it was the first they had heard of it but would get it invesitgated straight away. Then when i spoke to a couple of friends who were on vodafone and they had contacted them and been advised exactly the same thing!! Seems theres a great lack of communication for a communications company lol!

I have just been on the phone to Vodafone for 20 minutes while a very helpful man tried to find out what the problem is with the signal. He was having some difficulty with his system in tracing whether this has been reported (yes, I did believe him as I could hear him cursing at it!). He asked a lot of detailed questions about the coverage and tower locations and came to the conclusion that the Mountpleasant tower was faulty. He is going to push this through and took all my contact details so that they could ring me if more information was required.

The Mountpleasant tower reference number is 4725. If you get poor or no signal like this again in Thurso town areas then please ring Vodafone on one of the customer service numbers below and ask them to check this tower reference number!

Existing Vodafone customer
    You can contact us by calling 191 from your Vodafone phone.
    Already a Vodafone customer and calling from another phone?
    Calling us in the UK
    (Lines open 24 hours*)
    Pay Monthly 08700 700191
    Pay as you go 08700 776655

Last edited by Murdina Bug; 17-Sep-09 at 10:05. Reason: Bad pasting!

well thats mine now down since this morning ....Grrrrrr