Caithness Map :: Links to Site Map Paying too much for broadband? Move to PlusNet broadband and save£££s. Free setup now available - terms apply. PlusNet broadband.  
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Burley stays

Default Burley

Quote Originally Posted by Amy-Winehouse View Post
    Scotland have decided they wont be going to the next tournament in 2012 either by keeping Mr Burley in his position as Scotland football team manager.

Anyone else shaking their heads in unison with about 1 million other Scots at this moment in time

In the words of the famous Arthur Montford ( i think ) " DISASTER FOR SCOTLAND "

Default re burley

don,t put all the blame on the manager, blame the player,s they get well paid but do they earn it ??

Quote Originally Posted by parkie View Post
    don,t put all the blame on the manager, blame the player,s they get well paid but do they earn it ??
    We can sit here untill were blue in the face and blame one or the other, I don't either. Blame the way how they teach the youngters, " Aye son, boot that ball as far as you can up that pitch and by time, the ball will go in the net"

Were way behind the times of other nations and always will be.

Oh man, we got moved!!

Just Outside The Gateway To Hell 3rd House On The Left

Quote Originally Posted by parkie View Post
    Do players actually get paid for representing there country though and if they do I bet its nowhere near the wages the club pays
    Give a child a hammer and the whole world becomes a nail

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by John Baikie View Post
    Yet more ill-informed crap. I'd say the majority of SCOTLAND fans wanted change.
    and who told u it was more ill- informed crap and how do u know the majority wanted change did u read it in the glasgow press.

Wink

Quote Originally Posted by Metalattakk View Post
    I'm a Rangers fan, and I advocated Strachan for the job. How does that fit into your warped agenda?
    warped agenda im only going by all the rangers supporters in this thread.

Quote Originally Posted by jambo View Post
    warped agenda im only going by all the rangers supporters in this thread.
    That in itself is a warped agenda.
    Last edited by Metalattakk; 16-Sep-09 at 02:16.
    "It makes my blood burn with metal energy..."

Quote Originally Posted by jambo View Post
    and who told u it was more ill- informed crap and how do u know the majority wanted change did u read it in the glasgow press.
    It's his opinion - notice he said "I'd say the majority..."

Jings, you're not covering yourself in glory here, are you now?

Quote Originally Posted by The Angel Of Death View Post
    Do players actually get paid for representing there country though and if they do I bet its nowhere near the wages the club pays
    I believe they do get paid - an appearance fee they used to call it - and it's not really a lot of money. Couple of hundred quid to cover travel etc.

I could be wrong of course, after all this is only my opinion.

That in itself is a warped agenda.
    Excuse me Metalattakk, are you saying all the Bears are warped?
    You state every time you get a chance that your a Bear yet at every opportunity you slag Rangers fans off- Rangers fans get it tight from everyone these days, we dont need our own so called fans sticking the boot in... Away & support Aberdeen or celtc - I dont want fans who appear to revel in backstabbing their own support, its embarrassing .

As for scotland players ,
    Its their clubs who pay their wages not the SFA.
    they get an appearance money each time they play but it isnt very much.
    theres the chance of injury- more so in internationals as Gers & Celts players usually find out to their cost!!!
    The chance to be slagged off enmasse by the hamish husband brigade-fans of the diddy clubs whilst playing for their country .
    And the chance to work with Steven Pressley George Burley & Terry Butcher, when youve been working with Walter Smith or Sir Alex Ferguson , Martin Oneill, Strachan, fans who worship you, its a bit of a let down for some eh. Then you get to play with the legendary Graham Alexander, Callum Davidson & co
    Cmey e Scorries

Excuse me Metalattakk, are you saying all the Bears are warped?
    Apologies, I should have said "That statement in itself is indicative of a warped agenda. ".

You state every time you get a chance that your a Bear yet at every opportunity you slag Rangers fans off- Rangers fans get it tight from everyone these days, we dont need our own so called fans sticking the boot in... Away & support Aberdeen or celtc - I dont want fans who appear to revel in backstabbing their own support, its embarrassing .
    I'm a Rangers fan. I'm not a fan of many Rangers fans. I support Rangers for the football, not the tribal bull-dust that surrounds it.

Just because I support the same team as you, doesn't make me the same as you, or any other Rangers fan. We're not a bunch of 8-year-olds, and I don't have to be in your gang, OK?
    Last edited by Metalattakk; 16-Sep-09 at 10:39.

Apologies, I should have said "That statement in itself is indicative of a warped agenda. ".

I'm a Rangers fan. I'm not a fan of many Rangers fans. I support Rangers for the football, not the tribal bull-dust that surrounds it.

Support Rangers for the football!!?? 99% of us support Rangers for the football otherwise why bother.

Just because I support the same team as you, doesn't make me the same as you, or any other Rangers fan. We're not a bunch of 8-year-olds, and I don't have to be in your gang, OK?
    Eh? When did I say I had a gang? If I did, you definatley wouldnt be in it
    Cmey e Scorries

Eh? When did I say I had a gang? If I did, you definatley wouldnt be in it
    Why not? Because I don't subscribe to your opinion of what a 'Rangers supporter' should be like?

Tell you what - You can stick to singing songs about wars that happened in faraway countries involving foreign people hundreds of years ago, waving your Union Jacks, singing Rule Britannia and wearing your England top, all to wind up Celtic fans.

I'll stick to supporting my team thank you very much.

Tell you what - You can stick to singing songs about wars that happened in faraway countries involving foreign people hundreds of years ago, waving your Union Jacks, singing Rule Britannia and wearing your England top, all to wind up Celtic fans.

I'll stick to supporting my team thank you very much.
    More ill informed Metalattak mince,

1 . I dont own a union flag.
    2. Flower of Scotland, isnt that about a battle hundreds of years ago?
    3. Id never dream of owning or wearing an Englund top.
    4. All my best mates are celtc fans & we know how far to push each other
    5. This is a scotland & George burley thread so lets return to it please.

On a brighter note Steven Pressley has been punted from the coaching side of Scotland staff. Hope Butcher is next
    Cmey e Scorries

More ill informed Metalattak mince,

1 . I dont own a union flag.
    2. Flower of Scotland, isnt that about a battle hundreds of years ago?
    3. Id never dream of owning or wearing an Englund top.
    4. All my best mates are celtc fans & we know how far to push each other
    Yep, maybe I've got you all wrong, Amy...

5. This is a scotland & George burley thread so lets return to it please.

On a brighter note Steven Pressley has been punted from the coaching side of Scotland staff. Hope Butcher is next
    But who'd set out the cones for training then? Would you trust Burley to get it right himself?

Looking back on it all, now that it's settled that Burley keeps his job, he's probably the only viable person for the position currently. Best of a bad, bad bunch maybe.

There was a time in the 90`s when Roy Aitken was manager of Aberdeen & he went to see Walter Smith for tips on training as Aberdeen were bottom of the league & Rangers were on 6 in a row at the time, any ways,

Aitken arrives in Govan & Archie Knox & Smith are putting the squad through their paces in training , 1 touch, heading, penalties then Smith gets the cones out and the squad play a 1 touch match through the cones which are painted green & white. Aitken was impressed and told Smith "Im gona try that with my team as your boys are pretty good at the 1 touch stuff, thanks Walter".

A couple of weeks go by & Rangers are due to play Aberdeen at Pittodrie so Walter phones Aitken up on the Thursday & asks "how did you get on with the training since we saw you last?" Aitken says `Not good Walter, we painted the cones the colour of our enemies, blue & white with black& red" , Walter butted in an says "whit do ya mean not good?!"
    Aitken says" The cones beat us 2-0 yesterday & 4-0 today"

Strachan would be about the same size as one of those cones, so that rules him out. How about Billy Davies or ...............Gary McCallister
    Cmey e Scorries

Dear, dear dear. Is it someone's period again?

Quote Originally Posted by teddybear1873 View Post
    Dear, dear dear. Is it someone's period again?
    That comment is worth the entrance fee alone.

Where do we get them from?

"Argentina, your Blueness?"

Opinion on Burley has been split like a Terry's chocolate orange. I think any other managerial targets were ignored due to them not living - or wanting to live - in Scotland. I can't be sure. However, he did instill a wee bit of passion into the players, but then it's such a long way off until the next competitive fixture.

Rangers got a good result last night, they might nearly have even won it.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12