Caithness Map :: Links to Site Map Paying too much for broadband? Move to PlusNet broadband and save£££s. Free setup now available - terms apply. PlusNet broadband.  
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Burley stays

Thumbs down Burley stays

Scotland have decided they wont be going to the next tournament in 2012 either by keeping Mr Burley in his position as Scotland football team manager.

Anyone else shaking their heads in unison with about 1 million other Scots at this moment in time
    Cmey e Scorries

Nope, no surprise here. Told you so last week. The SFA are gutless and unprepared to pay the severance fee.

Still, the job's up for review again at the end of this season.
    "It makes my blood burn with metal energy..."

Agreed. Means we'll be seeing more of Chris Iwelumo and no chance of Kris Boyd returning to the team. Dang.

Just Outside The Gateway To Hell 3rd House On The Left

Tis all about the cash we either dont want to or dont have the cash to pay him off and are prepaired to take the chance that he will be able to turn it around
    Give a child a hammer and the whole world becomes a nail

Quote Originally Posted by Amy-Winehouse View Post
    Scotland have decided they wont be going to the next tournament in 2012 either by keeping Mr Burley in his position as Scotland football team manager.

Anyone else shaking their heads in unison with about 1 million other Scots at this moment in time
    Been involved in football and a football fan for over 50 years. Seen Scotland managers come and go and most have been worse by far than George Burley. Good decision by the SFA on this occasion.

Quote Originally Posted by The Pepsi Challenge View Post
    Agreed. Means we'll be seeing more of Chris Iwelumo and no chance of Kris Boyd returning to the team. Dang.
    Chris Boyd did not want to play just like most Rangers players who are not Scotland orientated but are Union Jack wavers.

Quote Originally Posted by Cattach View Post
    Chris Boyd did not want to play just like most Rangers players who are not Scotland orientated but are Union Jack wavers.
    Let's leave that one for now, and at least try to see if this thread can make it beyond Page 2 before being closed.

Quote Originally Posted by Cattach View Post
    Ill-informed tosh.

Alexander
    Weir
    Whittaker
    Naismith
    Miller

All from the last squad vs Netherlands.

Quote Originally Posted by Metalattakk View Post
    Ill-informed tosh.

Alexander
    Weir
    Whittaker
    Naismith
    Miller

All from the last squad vs Netherlands.
    Correct, and whay cant the Union Flag be waved at Scotland matches, it embodies the Saltire.
    'Cause if my eyes don't deceive me,
    There's something going wrong around here

We've gone from George Burley, to the Rangers players, then Union Jack flags. What's that got to do with the original topic?

I'm not surprised that Burley is staying. The board just needs to concentrate on finding a half reasonable manager.....I don't think they will find one.

All this means is that in another 2 years time, we'll be sitting here saddened at missing out on yet another major championship, and asking ourselves whether the new manager will be able to very quickly fix things and get us to the 2014 World Cup. That's a hell of a long time away. Burley is an incompetent and uninspiring manager. Can you imagine him getting players motivated?? Too many big mistakes in games we should have won cannot be glossed over with 2 big efforts when it was just about too late. That was more down to the team running on the big game adrenalin than anything else.

I'm disappointed that once again the SFA have been gutless.

Wink

does it not seem strange that its mostly rangers fans thats not happy with george burley i wonder why and what rangers person do u think should get the job.

Quote Originally Posted by jambo View Post
    does it not seem strange that its mostly rangers fans thats not happy with george burley i wonder why and what rangers person do u think should get the job.
    Yet more ill-informed crap. I'd say the majority of SCOTLAND fans wanted change.

I reckon Scotland should get a manager with experience at the top flight of football, someone with international experience too. Might I suggest Bertie Vogts?

I'm a Rangers fan, and I advocated Strachan for the job. How does that fit into your warped agenda?

As you can see, I'm a Rangers fan and I couldn't care less if a Celtic man got the job. I would welcome Gordon Strachan to the job, hey I would be happy with Martin O'Neil.

This topic shouldn't be turned into a Celtic or Rangers issue. It's about the managers post, nothing else.

I thought this thread was going to be lingerie for the larger lady.

Quote Originally Posted by Bazeye View Post
    Thats the Ann Summers topic Bazeye haha.

Quote Originally Posted by The Pepsi Challenge View Post
    Let's leave that one for now, and at least try to see if this thread can make it beyond Page 2 before being closed.
    No often I agree with Pepsi but on this occasion , I most certainly do
    Cmey e Scorries

Quote Originally Posted by Bazeye View Post
    Well it is in a way , coz george Burley is a big girls blouse imo
    Cmey e Scorries

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast