Caithness Map :: Links to Site Map Paying too much for broadband? Move to PlusNet broadband and save£££s. Free setup now available - terms apply. PlusNet broadband.  
Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: A very sick dog

Default A very sick dog

Had to take our poor dog barney to the vets on thursday, he had got a stone lodged in his intestines and had to have a major operation, thanks to the fantastic vets in thurso they managed to operate and remove the stone but had to cut away a large part of his intestines.
    Poor barney is still in a very bad way, on friday when i phoned we were to it was 50/50 for him to survive, he was holding his own but not out of the woods. This morning when i phoned we were told he was sitting up and looking a lot brighter, we were asked if we could come down to the surgery to encourage him to eat something as they dont know how things will turn out once he does eat, when we got there we were so surprised to see him so bright and even tried to wag his tail but no, i could not get him to take anything, fingers and toes crossed he will pull through but its early days, until we can get him to eat to let us know if the intestine is going to hold. I am posting a photo of barney, he is the one lying down with his best pal shep.

Lots of healing thoughts going Barneys way, you can pull through bonnie Lad, xx
    @,'---.................................................. ---',@
    ~*~Believe In The Magic Of Your Dreams~*~
    ---',@................................................. . @',---

Default barney

Fingers crossed for Barney's recovery. What beautiful dogs.

C'mon, Barney, eat a wee something and please let that intestine hold! Beautiful dogs, Highlander, please keep us posted on Barney's progress.

ahhh bless...adding my prayers for a healthy and happy recovery!
    http://itqueries.com/

Lovley dogs I hope Barney will be back in fine fettle soon
    Images of Spain can be seen at valspages.com

hope Barney makes a good recovery, he's lovely as is shep. The vets are fantastic and hopefully they can pull him through this. Thinking of you

Who would believe a stone could do so much damage.
    Our collie loved to catch stones as was effident by the number of cracked teeth she develped.
    Big lecture from vet about stone chasing so we stopped it.Collies just are too curious for their own good.

Will be thinking about your collie allday now,please keep us posted.
    Never judge someone until you have walked two moons in their moccasins.

Native American Indian saying.

OH...........poor u and Barney...........really hope he will soon be back home,fit and well.Bless.

Sorry to hear about Barney and will send him healing light until he makes a complete recovery.
    It is encouraging that he is much brighter and am sure he will eat when he is ready.

Take care. xxx
    "Until one has loved an animal part of their soul remains unawakened"

Thinking of you and Barney hope he gets well soon so he can be back with his best pal, Shep, have you tried feeding him cat food, i.e the pouches? when my old collie, who i sadly lost last month, was sick thats all he would eat, worth a try, good luck and keep us posted

Default A very sick dog

Just back from the vets and got barney home, he is to be kept quiet and dry, still not out of the woods as we dont know if the wound will hold once he starts to eat. Bought a fresh chicken to tempt him, im sure that will work. Have to give him strong painkillers and antibotics, hopefully he will be back to normal in three weeks.

Default sick dog

my dog did the same thing not once but twice cost me a fortune at the time but he came round ok after about a week each time he went back to eating a chicken and rice diet to make it easy to digest after about a fortnight on that he went back on his normal diet of dried dog food and smaller stones

Quote Originally Posted by highlander View Post
    Just back from the vets and got barney home, he is to be kept quiet and dry, still not out of the woods as we dont know if the wound will hold once he starts to eat. Bought a fresh chicken to tempt him, im sure that will work. Have to give him strong painkillers and antibotics, hopefully he will be back to normal in three weeks.
    I'm sure with lots of your tendering loving care and all our hopes and prayers he'll make it.
    Chicken for his tea tonight,whose a lucky boy then.
    Never judge someone until you have walked two moons in their moccasins.

Native American Indian saying.

Default A very sick dog

Quote Originally Posted by ffg View Post
    my dog did the same thing not once but twice cost me a fortune at the time but he came round ok after about a week each time he went back to eating a chicken and rice diet to make it easy to digest after about a fortnight on that he went back on his normal diet of dried dog food and smaller stones
    Thank you for your post, i know its early days but nope he turned his head away from everything, even made his favorite yorkshire pudding but its just going to take time.
    Thank you all for your kind thoughts.

thinking of you all...let us know how he is doing daily if you get the time...xx
    The miracle is not to fly in the air,
    or to walk on the water,but to walk on the earth.

It is hard when they are ill and cant tell you whats going on
    @,'---.................................................. ---',@
    ~*~Believe In The Magic Of Your Dreams~*~
    ---',@................................................. . @',---

I am glad you have got Barney home but know how worried you must still be.

Hopefully, he will eat when he feels ready. A really good food is Naturediet Lite which is easy to digest.
    Is he drinking okay as this is more important?

Will keep the healing light going.xxx

Oh dear Highlander, maybe once he feels a little more settled he'll take something to eat. He's been through a lot in the last few days, we know how we'd be ourselves. It's hard on the two of you seeing him like that, hopefully the next few hours will make all the difference.

Get well soon Barney.

Quote Originally Posted by Lavenderblue2 View Post
    Oh dear Highlander, maybe once he feels a little more settled he'll take something to eat. He's been through a lot in the last few days, we know how we'd be ourselves. It's hard on the two of you seeing him like that, hopefully the next few hours will make all the difference.

Get well soon Barney.
    You are so right. Don't think we'd feel like eating either!

Animals are so good in knowing when they should and shouldn't eat. Maybe he is just giving his poor tum time to heal.

Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast