Caithness Map :: Links to Site Map Paying too much for broadband? Move to PlusNet broadband and save£££s. Free setup now available - terms apply. PlusNet broadband.  

Thread: Sky News

Default Sky News

does any one watch Sky News...they come over as one of the most right wing organisations...they attack anything that seems to help the down-trodden...any agreement
    Keep it country

I never watch that rubbish. It's just another vehicle for Rupert Murdoch to peddle his views....as is The Sun, The Times, and many other news and media operations he controls.

I watch skynews regularly, I guess it can be right-wing but only sometimes, for rightwing views I think it is not in the same league as its sister channel Foxnews. The O'Reilly Factor just cracks me up.
    God, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change,
    Courage to change the things I can,
    And wisdom to know the difference.

Quote Originally Posted by joxville View Post
    I never watch that rubbish. It's just another vehicle for Rupert Murdoch to peddle his views....as is The Sun, The Times, and many other news and media operations he controls.
    Totally agree: but it is hard NOT to watch sky news sometimes. It remains a fact though, whatever your politics, nationality or otherwise:the media is one hell of a powerful tool.

And let us not forget that "Those" who control the media, ususally control the people that are within their remit.

Quote Originally Posted by Tom Cornwall View Post
    does any one watch Sky News...they come over as one of the most right wing organisations...they attack anything that seems to help the down-trodden...any agreement
    I made a mistake, (doesn't happen often)...I wasn't supposed to be talking about Sky News it should have been Fox News ....I'm sorry I said Sky News, they're not too bad...it's Fox who are the right wingers...I'm doomed
    Keep it country

Quote Originally Posted by Tom Cornwall View Post
    I made a mistake, (doesn't happen often)...I wasn't supposed to be talking about Sky News it should have been Fox News ....I'm sorry I said Sky News, they're not too bad...it's Fox who are the right wingers...I'm doomed
    Same owner, my opinion still stands. Murdoch has too much influence in world politics and should be neutered.