Caithness Map :: Links to Site Map Paying too much for broadband? Move to PlusNet broadband and save£££s. Free setup now available - terms apply. PlusNet broadband.  
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Somerfield Thurso

Default sommerfield thurso

I am going to give 100% full marks for customer services, last year we went into thurso to buy milk, when we got home the milk was not fresh, we went straight back into town, got another pinta, sat down cos now we are parched for a cuppa, OMG!! not again, so straight back to town, asked for the manager, he went to check the rest of the milk, gave me a litre of semi-skimmed instead, but before i left the shop, i said i want u to taste that milk before i go, lol he said how was he to do that? told him go and get them to make u a coffee with it, he had a good laugh about it, had a cup, but also gave me a free bottle of wine for all my trouble i had to go to. hows that for customer service!!!

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by highlander
    I am going to give 100% full marks for customer services, last year we went into thurso to buy milk, when we got home the milk was not fresh, we went straight back into town, got another pinta, sat down cos now we are parched for a cuppa, OMG!! not again, so straight back to town, asked for the manager, he went to check the rest of the milk, gave me a litre of semi-skimmed instead, but before i left the shop, i said i want u to taste that milk before i go, lol he said how was he to do that? told him go and get them to make u a coffee with it, he had a good laugh about it, had a cup, but also gave me a free bottle of wine for all my trouble i had to go to. hows that for customer service!!!
    Dearie Dear H, is that all it takes to make you happy, a laugh with the manager and a free bottle of wine??!! lol

Don't you think the milk shouldn't have been off TWICE??

I'd have been tempted to tip the milk over his head!!

The place is a DUMP!!

The Loafer (laughing his head off)
    Tally ho with a bing and a bong and a buzz-buzz-buzz

I wish we were all as perfect as you lot. Complain, complain, complain. That's all you do. What is it about milk and bread that turns pleasent people into moaners. We all have problems in shops, somerfield,co-op,lidls and dare I say it - ASDA. I'm going to laugh so much when you start complaining about the 'service' in ASDA when it comes. There will never be (and never has) benn a PERFECT shop. We all have to deal with it, so you can too.

Quote Originally Posted by RandomHero
    I wish we were all as perfect as you lot. Complain, complain, complain. That's all you do. What is it about milk and bread that turns pleasent people into moaners. We all have problems in shops, somerfield,co-op,lidls and dare I say it - ASDA. I'm going to laugh so much when you start complaining about the 'service' in ASDA when it comes. There will never be (and never has) benn a PERFECT shop. We all have to deal with it, so you can too.
    I have worked for Asda, only for a short time and the complaints queue was the largest queue in the shop, so Random Hero Im with you, you pay peanuts you get monkeys working for you, Asda pay just above the minimum wage, by pennies, Sainsburys pay better, yes I have been there too
    Once the original Grumpy Owld Man but alas no more

Good to have you by my side, Golach.

Default somerfield thurso

Now now loafer, it does not pay to be aggressive, the fridges had broken down, unless hes told, how else is he to know, im sure no supermarket would mean to put soor milk out lol and how many others bought milk that day and did not bother to go back, some might have even come on to chat rooms to complain about it. So aye im a happy bunnie with my free milk and my glass of wine "cheers"

Talking

H, come on, you know me better than that. Moi? Aggressive? Never!!

Just a wee bit of banter! I just canna be doing with that shop!! Just the best of a bad lot.

The two of us went through to the Wick Co-op today and had the pleasant experiance of the "wifie on the till" actually having a conversation with us!!!

Never happens in Thurso!!!

The Loafer

Angry Somerfield

Hello to you all,
    I work at the above shop and if this is all you can complain about, God help us all. I can understand why people are not happy, but just stop and think about it, people who work on the shop floor give some of the best customer care i know. Some of the staff have been working there a long time and give alot of time to the customers, the young ones also do .You will not get that sort of service down the line. If you think you would, go and try it, you will soon be back.
    Or go to another supermarket (won't say who for fear of demoralising the staff there) and waste 3 hours of your lives in a 4 person queue or even better go and try and put the lottery on - another 2 hour wait! Use a trolley which has just cost you a pound (at Somerfield we have two lads to go and collect them for you in all weathers) and to say its a dump... What's all that about??
    The staff at Somerfield don't know from one week to another who we will be working for. Criticism is good, it's a way of improving standards and at the end of the day we all want to live in a world which is easier for everyone!
    WE are all doing our best, its good to complain just do it in the right way - just ask for the manager or a supervisor, we are there to help, just slating us on here will not improve standards and can demoralise staff who in the majority do care about their stores' reputation and their customers.
    Life is good so enjoy!
    PS This is not reeboksusie that is my wife, if you want to reply to this thread send it to TROTTERMAN

Quote Originally Posted by JimH
    Yet again we have travelled into Thurso to get Instore Baked Bread, only to be told that the Baker was on Holiday last week so none was ordered. None yesterday and the same tomorrow.
    IF I could get it in the village I would.
    I have spoken with headoffice to rattle a few cages, but roll on ASDA.
    Your making a big deal over nothing all you have to do is go to another shop to get bread its as simple as that.

very true eddie. its a bit odd phoning up the head office to complain about no bread but some people like to do that.

Quote Originally Posted by EDDIE
    Your making a big deal over nothing all you have to do is go to another shop to get bread its as simple as that.
    Your absolutely right, and I agree with you. But as I have said before, the bread is not the point. This applies to anything.
    If you provide a service, people will try to use it, and some will come to rely on it. In Caithness you travel distance for what you have come to rely on. If you are let down - the journey is wasted, and you have to make other arrangements. Depending on the time of day - it is not always easy.
    People have better things to do, and these days little money to waste on unnecessary journeys.
    WE are ok - we are still active - but those not so lucky will be affected on their weekly jaunt.
    The original post was to invoke comment - IT DID THAT.
    You can fool some of the people some of the time - but never all of the people all of the time!!

Question Somerfields

Quote Originally Posted by reeboksusie
    Hello to you all,
    I work at the above shop and if this is all you can complain about, God help us all. I can understand why people are not happy, but just stop and think about it, people who work on the shop floor give some of the best customer care i know. Some of the staff have been working there a long time and give alot of time to the customers, the young ones also do .You will not get that sort of service down the line. If you think you would, go and try it, you will soon be back.
    Or go to another supermarket (won't say who for fear of demoralising the staff there) and waste 3 hours of your lives in a 4 person queue or even better go and try and put the lottery on - another 2 hour wait! Use a trolley which has just cost you a pound (at Somerfield we have two lads to go and collect them for you in all weathers) and to say its a dump... What's all that about??
    The staff at Somerfield don't know from one week to another who we will be working for. Criticism is good, it's a way of improving standards and at the end of the day we all want to live in a world which is easier for everyone!
    WE are all doing our best, its good to complain just do it in the right way - just ask for the manager or a supervisor, we are there to help, just slating us on here will not improve standards and can demoralise staff who in the majority do care about their stores' reputation and their customers.
    Life is good so enjoy!
    PS This is not reeboksusie that is my wife, if you want to reply to this thread send it to TROTTERMAN
    Trotterman

You say about customer service? WHAT customer service? The staff in there must be the LEAST customer friendly I have ever come across. I have tried on many occasions to make polite conversation with the staff to merely get a grunt back!! The youngsters are definately the worst, and MAY have the smallest of excuses due to their inexperience, but the older staff are no better!
    You go on that it COSTS a pound for a trolley at other supermarkets. Correct me if I am wrong, but doesn't that pound get refunded when you take the trolley back?? I don't grudge have to pay NOTHING for a trolley!!

As for customer service "down the line". I was recently in an Asda and a Morrisons in Yorkshire. They couldn't do enough for you and were most pleasant and made conversation. If it were a bit nearer, I would "soon be back" to either of these shops if I had the chance. Maybe by the end of this year, with a bit of luck, I will be able to shop in an Asda store.

I know that you have been through the mill with changes in employers and you do have my sympathy on that score. But, at the end of the day, you are there to provide a service to customers that are spending their hard earned cash. They will simply vote with their feet if a quality store is introduced.

The Loafer

well said Loafer! I agree with a lot of your comments. too many times now I have shopped there in the evenings and the staff are far more interested in yapping with each other than serving customers. It seems to be teenagers supervising teenagers!

Quote Originally Posted by Loafer
    Trotterman

You say about customer service? WHAT customer service? The staff in there must be the LEAST customer friendly I have ever come across. I have tried on many occasions to make polite conversation with the staff to merely get a grunt back!! The youngsters are definately the worst, and MAY have the smallest of excuses due to their inexperience, but the older staff are no better!
    You go on that it COSTS a pound for a trolley at other supermarkets. Correct me if I am wrong, but doesn't that pound get refunded when you take the trolley back?? I don't grudge have to pay NOTHING for a trolley!!

As for customer service "down the line". I was recently in an Asda and a Morrisons in Yorkshire. They couldn't do enough for you and were most pleasant and made conversation. If it were a bit nearer, I would "soon be back" to either of these shops if I had the chance. Maybe by the end of this year, with a bit of luck, I will be able to shop in an Asda store.

I know that you have been through the mill with changes in employers and you do have my sympathy on that score. But, at the end of the day, you are there to provide a service to customers that are spending their hard earned cash. They will simply vote with their feet if a quality store is introduced.

The Loafer
    I have to agree with you about Other stores - We called into Tesco's Extra(Inverness) on our way back from Englandshire, and had a good old chuckle with the YOUNG girl on the checkout. I hate shopping, but this young lady took the sting out of it. She apperently had her Twin Sister working along the line as well.
    You can fool some of the people some of the time - but never all of the people all of the time!!

Quote Originally Posted by RandomHero
    Good to have you by my side, Golach.
    Oh no RandomHero, you have done it now, you will have to disassociate yourself from me as quickly as you can, or you will be condemed of being Unenlightened, Cleekish, and what ever other pigeonholes I have been stuck in
    Once the original Grumpy Owld Man but alas no more

Sommerfield closed there shop in elgin last week,so is it caithness shops next if we get asda ?

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123