Caithness Map :: Links to Site Map Paying too much for broadband? Move to PlusNet broadband and save£££s. Free setup now available - terms apply. PlusNet broadband.  
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: US healthcare

Default US healthcare

what's all the hastle in the US just now..what's wrong with helping people get free healthcare if they can't afford private health insurance..perhaps I'm being a bit simple...is it worry that the private insurance companies will be in bother.. or what
    Keep it country

There was a sizeable debate about it here short ago

its the poor that cant afford med insurance that will benifit from the new proposals....but then they dont count
    The miracle is not to fly in the air,
    or to walk on the water,but to walk on the earth.

did we not have a debate about this couple of weeks ago....

I've seen things you people wouldn't believe. Attack ships on fire off the shoulder of Orion. I watched C-beams glitter in the dark near the Tannhauser gate. All those moments will be lost in time, like tears in rain.ROY'S DEATH BLADE RUNNER 1982

Quote Originally Posted by bettedaviseyes View Post
    Aye we did, I gave up. LOL

As myself and my wife are self employed, we pay an arm and a leg for healthcare. Our next door neighbour is employed by quite a big company and only pays $40 per month, and that covers his whole family.

We pay around $230 per month and thats an 80/20. It's a bloody outrage. Healthcare was certainly an eye opener for me when I came over to the United States And America (Borat saying). All kinds of insurance's is way too expensive here. I was certainly better of in the UK.

Quote Originally Posted by tonkatojo View Post
    Aye we did, I gave up. LOL
    I was happy to keep on debating.

Quote Originally Posted by Alice in Blunderland View Post
    I was happy to keep on debating.
    Not biting. LOL.

It's because they don't want the Proles to get medical care.

Too many Big Medical Insurance companies are making a fortune in the USA and they do not want a health service as it would eat inti their profits. It is a case of that dirty word, "Money".

Deep into that darkness peering, long I stood there, wondering, fearing, doubting, dreaming dreams no mortal ever dared to dream before.

Edgar Allen Poe

Quote Originally Posted by Kodiak View Post
    Too many Big Medical Insurance companies are making a fortune in the USA and they do not want a health service as it would eat inti their profits. It is a case of that dirty word, "Money".
    Yeah agreed and I am staggered to see that some of the people who would benefit most are actually the ones most taken in by all those insurance company's propaganda.
    God, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change,
    Courage to change the things I can,
    And wisdom to know the difference.

Quote Originally Posted by Kodiak View Post
    Example...One steroid injection. Cost the OH $1500.

Not biting. LOL.

Awwww go on you know you want to bite, bite, it made a good debate.

Awwww go on you know you want to bite, bite, it made a good debate.
    Naaah Iv'e got a headache (remember that excuse). LOL

Quote Originally Posted by bettedaviseyes View Post
    No reason not to have another debate. Things have moved on since last time. Anyway anyone who does not want to take part can move on and let those that do have their say. No censorship required on this issue.

Talking

Naaah Iv'e got a headache (remember that excuse). LOL

Painkillers are a wonderful thing free on prescription but oops you have to pay for them if you have a little more money..................... another debate there me thinks.

Hope your headache has cleared up

Painkillers are a wonderful thing free on prescription but oops you have to pay for them if you have a little more money..................... another debate there me thinks.

Hope your headache has cleared up

I can see this heed ache lasting a while. LOL

Quote Originally Posted by teddybear1873 View Post
    As myself and my wife are self employed, we pay an arm and a leg for healthcare. Our next door neighbour is employed by quite a big company and only pays $40 per month, and that covers his whole family.

We pay around $230 per month and thats an 80/20. It's a bloody outrage. Healthcare was certainly an eye opener for me when I came over to the United States And America (Borat saying). All kinds of insurance's is way too expensive here. I was certainly better of in the UK.
    This corresponds with the view of the US's situation as seen here in Canada.
    There are apparently 50+ million in the US without health insurance.
    Having worked for US corporation, I've heard what a significant part of any job offer in the US is devoted to health care coverage.
    Those with coverage fear losing it with any job change.
    Insurance coverage can be changed by the company under several 'excuses.'
    Of the industrialised western nations, the US pays the most per capita for health care - with major flaws as above.
    'Good luck' to Obama - I think he'll get it fixed.
    Last edited by David Banks; 12-Sep-09 at 12:30. Reason: Two items on one line.

I can see this heed ache lasting a while. LOL

Hope this helps you.

Over the pond, but not quite over the hill yet

Quote Originally Posted by teddybear1873 View Post

Your neighbour is getting an excellent deal! I do know that insurance premiums differ from state to state. We're paying a lot more than you and your wife, teddybear1873, and that's after my husband's employer has already paid most of the premium. Like yours, our insurance plan pays 80% of covered medical costs, while we pay the remaining 20%. We still have to pay a deductible every year, which has to be met before the insurance company pays anything.

Once our elder son was no longer eligible for coverage under our family plan, he was paying $170 a month for his own individual health insurance, and that didn't include dental. This rate was for a healthy young individual in his early twenties. If he'd had any chronic health problems, he would have been paying more! He didn't have health or dental insurance through his employer, because he was working less than 40 hours a week. He couldn't work 40 hours a week because he was also going to college during the day. His job only paid $7.50 an hour before tax, so the $170 hurt his wallet! Yet he still had a higher deductible to meet, and had to pay a higher portion of his prescription charges than us.
    Last edited by Sporran; 12-Sep-09 at 20:53. Reason: Missed out a word in error.
    I am living for today, always remembering yesterday, and looking forward to tomorrow!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast