Caithness Map :: Links to Site Map Paying too much for broadband? Move to PlusNet broadband and save£££s. Free setup now available - terms apply. PlusNet broadband.  

Thread: coronation street

Default coronation street

ahhh poor mike baldwin felt so sorry for him tonight,i know its a tv soap, but it makes you wonder

hope he gets an award for this storyline - he's played the part brilliantly

not watched it for two years but did tonight.
    Old 'Briggsy' did okay. There seems to be an awful lot of Londoners in it now??
    Or am I being regionalist? I'll watch his demise this week then turn me back on it again 'til Hilda comes back.

Thumbs down

Dreadful acting, dreadful storyline. I found the short time between diagnosis and death unrealistic and possibly frightening to anyone suffering in the early stages of Alzheimers disease.
    Most families have to stand by helplessly as a previously capable and intelligent member of their family fades into a dependent, confused shadow of their former self over several years, not months.
    Soapland (where we have to know what is going to happen next) is not the place to raise the profile of this long drawn out disease.
    evelyn

Quote Originally Posted by evelyn
    Dreadful acting, dreadful storyline. I found the short time between diagnosis and death unrealistic and possibly frightening to anyone suffering in the early stages of Alzheimers disease.
    Most families have to stand by helplessly as a previously capable and intelligent member of their family fades into a dependent, confused shadow of their former self over several years, not months.
    Soapland (where we have to know what is going to happen next) is not the place to raise the profile of this long drawn out disease.
    evelyn
    Mike also had a stroke in Spain ,did he not? That would also, perhaps, cause memory lapses and confusion and would hasten the end. I've found Briggs' acting to be very good through this story line.
    In the image of God? You must be joking!

Default Coronation Street

Dreadful acting, dreadful storyline.................. evelyn
    Dreadful programme..........!!

I don't even switch it on - I haven't watched it for years.

LB

Default for Evelyn...

evelyn
    Do you think the soap could stand a 'several' year decline thru' Alzheimers? This is fiction after all. Many people who watch it have a short attention span, for a few, half an hour is a challenge !

He doesn't die because of the disease either, suffering a stroke, I understand.
    I carry no brief for soaps but I think it can be socially helpful when they raise certain issues and put them in the public eye.

Its Just Fiction.......

Quote Originally Posted by bingo1
    Its Just Fiction.......
    you would think so until you hear of someone in the soap who gets attacked by people who believe what they see on the telly.