Caithness Map :: Links to Site Map Paying too much for broadband? Move to PlusNet broadband and save£££s. Free setup now available - terms apply. PlusNet broadband.  
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: Homeaid Shop, Thurso

There have been many attacks on the staff and the cleanliness of HomeAid, Thurso, on this thread. I have personally found these claims to be without merit or foundation.

The staff of this shop are doing a great job, and are always helpful, friendly and polite. The store is clean and tidy, and they even have a late night on Thursdays.

Pricing policy is far superior to, say, Blythswood (where the full-salaried area manageress drives around in a new BMW), and the only thing that I remain uncertain about is the uplift charge (since it may be possible to plan their uplifts to fit in with their delivery schedule - which would allow them to remove the uplift charge I would imagine).

Keep up the good work, HomeAid !!

Quote Originally Posted by Stavro View Post
    There have been many attacks on the staff and the cleanliness of HomeAid, Thurso, on this thread. I have personally found these claims to be without merit or foundation.

The staff of this shop are doing a great job, and are always helpful, friendly and polite. The store is clean and tidy, and they even have a late night on Thursdays.

Pricing policy is far superior to, say, Blythswood (where the full-salaried area manageress drives around in a new BMW), and the only thing that I remain uncertain about is the uplift charge (since it may be possible to plan their uplifts to fit in with their delivery schedule - which would allow them to remove the uplift charge I would imagine).

The uplift is never removed............but I am happy to pay them.

Quote Originally Posted by Stavro View Post

Another exampble of the peasants taking the blame for problems at the top.

Default Homeaid - any response

[quote=KCERINN;594579]I was in Homeaid two weeks ago, and agree with all the comments on this thread. I am going to print of these pages of comments, and the pages to the previous link (Feb 08), and give them to one of the Directors who is on the Homeaid Board.

Just wondering KCERINN did you ever get a reponse from the Homeaid Board?

Quote Originally Posted by porshiepoo View Post
    Turn around would be much quicker if they dropped their prices.
    What they have to remember is that they are competing against the likes of Tesco (a one stop shop), Ebay (often cheaper than charity) and local notice boards.

Charity shops could actually do a hell of a lot toward getting people back into our high streets if they made it worth us doing it.
    Hospice shop prices seem ok to me, paperbacks 3 for £1 for instance.
    The Big Man

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345