Caithness Map :: Links to Site Map Paying too much for broadband? Move to PlusNet broadband and save£££s. Free setup now available - terms apply. PlusNet broadband.  
Page 1 of 9 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Good Luck to Rheghead ! Not long now.

Default Good Luck to Rheghead ! Not long now.

Good Luck to Rheghead who is about to embark on his cycle ride from Landsend to John o Groats in October.

I was just wondering with a little help from fellow orger's if we could make his sponsor sheet look a little more healthy.This is an extremely good cause which he is cycling for.

I was having a wee peek and thinking it would be nice to see a few more names on your form.

The very best of luck to you and if you need a cup of tea be sure to stop at my house on the way past.

Oh and if your a little saddle sore there may be some ointment lying around but you'll have to rub it on yerself.

http://www.justgiving.com/RussHayley/

Thank you for posting this. I am already over-whelmed by the generosity of my fellow orgers! Very humbling indeed. My job is to keep training until I make the first epic journey, that is from Thurso the most northerly station to the most southerly, Penzance.

A big thank you to everyone!
    God, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change,
    Courage to change the things I can,
    And wisdom to know the difference.

I hope you have good weather if not...........................oopsie as my youngest would say.

Well its a total lottery with what a long-distance cyclist gets so I take the Que sera(sp) approach. Still, I want to sacrifice 50 bulls everyday in honor of Helios in the vain hope of kindly airs.

Hope the weather is kind to you, when Chris Hoy and his team from Azda arrived in Wick last week it was terrible, they didn't want to leave the cafe for the last section, but they did.
    Live the Dream, don't dream the life

Have you set yourself a time limit? If not just take your time and your tent Make sure you dont set off the same time as the Causewaymire boy racer time trials though. Enjoy.

Can you give us details of what's inolved Rheghead? Do you have a support crew, will you be keeping us updated on your progress etc?

Quote Originally Posted by joxville View Post
    Can you give us details of what's inolved Rheghead? Do you have a support crew, will you be keeping us updated on your progress etc?

Likewise, more details please

Hey Jox you planning to go stand beside the road with your pom poms and mini skirt shouting go Rheggers go..............

Quote Originally Posted by Alice in Blunderland View Post
    Hey Jox you planning to go stand beside the road with your pom poms and mini skirt shouting go Rheggers go..............
    Of course. But I'll make sure I wear boxer shorts that day, we don't want any wardrobe malfucntions that day, do we???

Talking

Of course. But I'll make sure I wear boxer shorts that day, we don't want any wardrobe malfucntions that day, do we???
    Spoilsport.................

or chicken...................

Quote Originally Posted by Alice in Blunderland View Post
    Spoilsport.................

or chicken...................
    Chicken i think
    Electronics, Sales, Spares & Repairs * TV * AUDIO * PC & LAPTOP * GAMES CONSOLES * IN CAR ENTERTAINMENT * DOMESTIC APPLIANCES * WEEE DISPOSAL *www.facebook.com/Vistravi.Tech * www.vistravi.com *

Quote Originally Posted by Vistravi View Post
    Chicken i think

Yes I agree..................

At the end of this month I get the train down to Penzance. I'm taking all my camping gear with me in panniers. I hope to camp most of the time with the occasional YHA stop to dry out if need be.

I'm hoping to do it in about 14 to 16 days by the route I'm taking which actually goes to Mousehole which I've always wanted to visit. About 60-70 miles per day.

Quote Originally Posted by Rheghead View Post
    At the end of this month I get the train down to Penzance. I'm taking all my camping gear with me in panniers. I hope to camp most of the time with the occasional YHA stop to dry out if need be.

I'm hoping to do it in about 14 to 16 days by the route I'm taking which actually goes to Mousehole which I've always wanted to visit. About 60-70 miles per day.
    What is the closest you'll get to Berkshire/Hampshire?

I'll need to check what holidays I have left, I fancy a day in Penzance.

Good luck, hope you have a great trip PM sent

Martin

Getting closer. I hope your total climbs a bit more yet.

good luck, I just donated and published it on my facebook page so hopefully some others will donate too

I see the total is slowly creeping up. Getting there.

It is indeed Alice.

More pedal to Rheghead's metal or is it the other way round?

Keep up with the training!

Page 1 of 9 12345 ... LastLast