Caithness Map :: Links to Site Map Paying too much for broadband? Move to PlusNet broadband and save£££s. Free setup now available - terms apply. PlusNet broadband.  
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Just a hug ?

Doubt that a wee punch on the arm would be because he doesn't like you. You should hear some of the things my brother and I call each other! But we do love each other and I try to steal a hug whenever I can lol
    "People may say what they wish, but we are actually under no compulsion to listen." LJ, and I do so wholeheartedly agree!

Quote Originally Posted by ŠAmethyst View Post
    Doubt that a wee punch on the arm would be because he doesn't like you.
    guid til see that yer takin me as serious as ever
    Merry Meet, Merry Part and Merry Meet Again
    Blessed Be...

My mum loved her hugs and missed being hugged when my dad died.
    We all hugged her but his was the best.

My youngest needed her "cuddlepops".... at times I thought I was being squeezed to death.

Only gently hugs now as she's more than capable of breaking my ribs.

I love it when our very own Scorrie gives me a hug,he literally puts his big furry paws round you and snuggles under your chin.
    Real life "teddy bear"
    Never judge someone until you have walked two moons in their moccasins.

Native American Indian saying.

Quote Originally Posted by trix View Post
    guid til see that yer takin me as serious as ever
    Me? Serious? *gently punches Trix in the arm* Nevar!
    "People may say what they wish, but we are actually under no compulsion to listen." LJ, and I do so wholeheartedly agree!

Quote Originally Posted by ŠAmethyst View Post
    Me? Serious? *gently punches Trix in the arm* Nevar!
    if 'e truth be telt....he's actually 'e better lookin aine
    Merry Meet, Merry Part and Merry Meet Again
    Blessed Be...

Quote Originally Posted by Kathy@watten View Post
    I don't for one minute think you would be a dodgy individual but I personally would take exception to anyone outwith my close family circle hugging my kids in a nursery situation and think that in this day and age the practice of hugging kids would be frowned upon.
    What I mean by cuddles is having them come and give you a hug after a while of them knowing you, (which happens quite alot. There is one child that always give me a hug as a greeting.) when they have fallen or have been pushed and need a bit of reassurance, when they are unwell and are waiting for parent to come and pick them up and when they just need one in which case they come to me and ask for one. I did not mean that i just randamly picked up a child and hugged him/her. It is entirely on their needs and wishes not the staff.
    At the end of the day if a child needs a hug for whatever reason then i will give them one as it makes them feel better alot quicker than telling them they can't have one and having them cry it out.
    In the nursery i work in we have kids that are there all day from 8 to 6 and when they need a hug after falling etc they don't have their parents to make them feel better and it would be just cruel to leave them to cry when a simple short hug makes it seem ok for them.
    Electronics, Sales, Spares & Repairs * TV * AUDIO * PC & LAPTOP * GAMES CONSOLES * IN CAR ENTERTAINMENT * DOMESTIC APPLIANCES * WEEE DISPOSAL *www.facebook.com/Vistravi.Tech * www.vistravi.com *

totally agree with you Vistravi. I would hate to think of my child being in a nursery wanting a cuddle & them being told they couldnt have one they would feel so rejected!
    life may not be a party be while were here we might as well dance!!

I like to hug and i like to be hugged. Within our circle of friends we all hug and its fab. Even the men hug - although with manly back pats. If we areall together it can take ages to leave lol. I love to cuddle up with my children. The wee boy snuggles in for a cup of tea in the morning whilst his baby sister still sleeps and we watch cbeebies. If i am slow he getsmy hand and says "cmon mummy cuddles". The older ones still give their mum a hug and its lovely. Hugs rule i say!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by BRIE View Post
    totally agree with you Vistravi. I would hate to think of my child being in a nursery wanting a cuddle & them being told they couldnt have one they would feel so rejected!
    It's just so cruel to leave them to cry and feeling rejected. Child protection is an issue but to me leaving a child upset, distraught or just plain unwelcome is a child protection issue. That only makes for a unhappy child and a unhappy parent. I can understand why Kathy@watten feels the way she does but i don't agree with it being frowned on at all. It is just so cruel to leave a child crying when a hug is what they want to make them feel better and secure.

The only time i ever let a child cry without giving them a hug to make them feel better is when they have been naughty and are crying because they know they have done wrong and are doing it purely out of temper.
    Electronics, Sales, Spares & Repairs * TV * AUDIO * PC & LAPTOP * GAMES CONSOLES * IN CAR ENTERTAINMENT * DOMESTIC APPLIANCES * WEEE DISPOSAL *www.facebook.com/Vistravi.Tech * www.vistravi.com *

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12