Caithness Map :: Links to Site Map Paying too much for broadband? Move to PlusNet broadband and save£££s. Free setup now available - terms apply. PlusNet broadband.  

Thread: Just a hug ?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Just a hug ?

I've just been thinking about some of the times I've been hugged, some of which have been unexpected - but lovely all the same !

I've "learnt" from losing my Dear Mum, to make the most of a hug - and always make an effort now to hug my Dad whenever the situation calls for it (Christmas, birthdays and any time that bad news turns out OK !)

I wasn't brought up to be a "tactile" person, but my in-laws are very much into hugs !

I NOW think it's so nice to be greeted ( though obviously not on a day-to-day experience !!) by a hug from your:-

Mum, Dad, brother, sister, husband,wife,friend or any other relation who means something to you ....................

What do other "Orgers" think ??

I don't think that we hug enough. I love being hugged. (hugs to all that want one)

**** I Love Hugs ****

everybody needs a hug sometime and i think some people under estimate how much a hug can help
    x spread the love x

I always greet friends with a hug,well maybe not always but if I havent seen them for a while or something then they get a big hug! Hugs can make a persons day so much better x
    Last edited by Thumper; 09-Sep-09 at 18:42. Reason: spelling as always! x
    The nice thing about living in a small place is that if you dont know what you are doing....there's always somebody who does,or thinks they do! x

Default hugs

Oh dear I am in the opposite camp from everyonelse so far, I would rather not be hugged unless there was a jolly good reason for it. I do not do great flamboyant declarations of affection....well I do hug the odd horse or dog. Hugs should be heart felt and not dished out willy nilly and diluting the real meaning to them. Occasionally there crops up a good enough reason to hug, consolling the bereaved, delight in an achievement, greeting of old friend whom you haven't seen in ages or if is a snuggle up with a loved one and a good film. These are moments when hugging is appropriate, needed and wanted, not for everyday greeting and meeting...keep it special!

Totally agree a hug can make something awful so much better specially if its heartfelt and not strained.
    I hate people who give false hugs x

Quote Originally Posted by _awayoflife_ View Post
    everybody needs a hug sometime and i think some people under estimate how much a hug can help
    x spread the love x

I hug the covers or is that hog?