Caithness Map :: Links to Site Map Paying too much for broadband? Move to PlusNet broadband and save£££s. Free setup now available - terms apply. PlusNet broadband.  

Thread: Presents!!!!

Default Presents!!!!

Has anyone had any really odd presents given to them?
    One Christmas my boyfriend gave me a frying pan and a bag of kindlers!!!
    The same year I got aftershave from my auntie....
    Don't wrestle with pigs, you just get all dirty and the pig enjoys it.

The wife once bought me a pack of ten hair combs.Wi the amount of hair I have on ma heid.....wit a waste!!!But could get ten guys together get some crepe paper put them over the combs and start ma own band!!!
    Their coming to take me away.....haha-hee-hee-ho-ho

Another time I got a scratch card from a great auntie and she had scratched it for me just to see if I had won!!!!
    Don't wrestle with pigs, you just get all dirty and the pig enjoys it.

My gran used to get my brother and me matching clothes every year.In auld pictures ye would swear we were identical twins.
    Their coming to take me away.....haha-hee-hee-ho-ho

Over the pond, but not quite over the hill yet

Quote Originally Posted by connieb19
    Has anyone had any really odd presents given to them?
    One Christmas, my brother, who was 18 at the time, bought my husband a woollen balaclava. It wouldn't have been odd, except for the fact that my brother knew we were moving to the tropics in a few months! I just about rolled on the floor laughing when my husband opened the present, much to my brother's embarrassment! My husband seemed quite pleased with the gift, though, luckily.

A few years later, we moved north to a colder climate, where the winters were much harsher than any I've ever endured in Caithness. Lots of snow, ice, and subzero temperatures! So my husband was finally able to put the balaclava to good use, and was especially glad of it when he went cross-country skiing. In fact, he still has the balaclava to this day, and it still brings a smile to my face when I think of when he was first given it!

Default Mittens

When I lived abroad my auntie and uncle sent me fleece lined thermal gloves for xmas we took a photo of me in my shorts and t-shirt out in the blazing sun with my new gloves on.

me and my brother were big buffy the vampire slayer fans so for his birthday i got a box and filled it with a piece of kindler sharpened (stake) and a fancy bottle which i put in water and a cheap cross. was his slayer kit. he loved it.

my boyfriend bought me a bread bin at christmas for one of my prezzies.

good intentions, but wrong time of year lol